General MMA Discussion & Future Lines - March, 2018

5180635.jpg

I hate watching regional fights that go to the ground. One guy usually has no submission defense, and we end up seeing a quick tap after not attempting to fight the hands.

Mowles has a granite chin. Gets hit flush and literally doesn't even flinch. Allows him to sit in the pocket longer than most guys can and eventually land a big shot.

Already a great night but Jennerman winning would make it a HUGE night from an LFA perspective.

What happened? Cheeks lost? I'm watching Glory

First round pretty even.

Immediately at start of rd 2 Mowles dropped him and took his back and choked him out. 17 seconds into rd 2.

Wow Jackson just smoked him.

That was my first time watching Jennerman fight, and he looked like shit, imo.

He got taken down fast, and once he got back to his feet, he didn't show anything in terms of offense.

He got taken down fast, and once he got back to his feet, he didn't show anything in terms of offense.

I think Jackson being so aggressive completely threw him off from the start. He's from my area and hes looked better than he did tonight by a lot. Granted, against worse competition for sure. But this was a bad showing regardless of opponent. It was like he expected a feeling out period, and when Jackson didn't oblige, Jennerman was lost.

Crazy odds on these LFA underdogs. They're all very live in these matchups. Jackson won't have his usual massive submission advantage this time and Jennerman is a bit bigger as well in this interim featherweight title bout. Cheeks is well rounded himself and no way should be this big an underdog to Mowles. Williams towers over UFC washout Sean Spencer and is a pretty hard hitting striker. And Spencer doesn't present much of a grappling or submission threat so big value there imho with this fight at welterweight instead of middleweight where Bilal has dabbled in fighting against bigger men. Brahimaj has excellent submission ability and is always dangerous against another UFC veteran in Macario.

LFA 47 Rsk $600.00

Nate Jennerman (+240) vs Damon Jackson $100.00 for $240.00

Charles Cheeks (+350) vs Levi Mowles $100.00 for $350.00

Bilal Williams (+400) vs Sean Spencer $100.00 for $400.00
Bilal Williams (+375) vs Sean Spencer $100.00 for $375.00
Bilal Williams (+375) vs Sean Spencer $100.00 for $375.00

Ramiz Brahimaj (+120) vs William Macario $100.00 for $120.00

Really wanted to pull the trigger on fading Spencer but couldn't do it when seeing Williams record. Ah well. Congrats on a solid night.

Had a losing night - went 1/4 as I did play Brahimaj. Spencer losing to Bilal is embarrassing. As JimGunn said, the size difference was a big factor. Bilal is not good though - horrible striking defense (flinches with his chin up) and very poor on the ground.

He got swarmed quickly. Jennerman has actually looked pretty good in the past. He dominated Toomer as a moderate dog and took out Croom very quickly. Jennerman has the problem that a lot of Duke Roofus fighters have. They often don't deal well with a lot of forward pressure from someone who can grapple.

Moose -245 seems like a steal at Bellator 206. Rory has made lightweight, Moose has fought at heavyweight. That’s a massive size discrepancy.

Mowles vs Cheeks is live on betsafe
Edit: it's locked all the time

Back