General MMA Discussion & Future Lines - March, 2018

Just recorded Episode 33 of my podcast Martian MMA. I discuss the Jon Jones USADA case, recap UFC Moscow, and give betting analysis and prediction for this weekend's Sap Paulo card.

Soundcloud link
iTunes link

Jon Jones USADA case until: 21:40
UFC Moscow recap until: 39:00
UFC Sao Paulo preview until: finish at 1:17:43

You should put it on youtube also.

You should put it on youtube also.
I've thought about it, but I can't imagine it drawing any more viewers. I could try adding video and putting on youtube, however I feel like uploading another audio copy to a different platform isn't gonna improve anything. adding video might, I should try a digital episode just to see if I fuck with it.
thanks for the tip my man.

I've thought about it, but I can't imagine it drawing any more viewers. I could try adding video and putting on youtube, however I feel like uploading another audio copy to a different platform isn't gonna improve anything. adding video might, I should try a digital episode just to see if I fuck with it.
thanks for the tip my man.
For what it is worth, I prefer watching/listening to podcasts and media on YouTube in a browser, even if audio only with a logo showing. I do not use podcast software of any kind or listen 'on the go'. I use Soundcloud in a browser if necessary. It's good to be on YouTube for the search engines and for whatever monetization you might get there.

For what it is worth, I prefer watching/listening to podcasts and media on YouTube in a browser, even if audio only with a logo showing. I do not use podcast software of any kind or listen 'on the go'. I use Soundcloud in a browser if necessary. It's good to be on YouTube for the search engines and for whatever monetization you might get there.

Agreed. YouTube is a big platform and everyone has an account. Look at what the HTB guys do. They upload their podcasts on sound cloud and YouTube. They get more views on YouTube I think. You don't need a video per say. Just one image and the audio

Agreed. YouTube is a big platform and everyone has an account. Look at what the HTB guys do. They upload their podcasts on sound cloud and YouTube. They get more views on YouTube I think. You don't need a video per say. Just one image and the audio
Okay I will for sure start doing that in the future.

Okay I will for sure start doing that in the future.

It takes time and consistency to build a following but if you keep putting stuff out there each week consistently, I'm pretty sure you will get a big youtube following in no time. Seems like you are putting stuff out for each event so I don't see why you wouldn't get a good following. As for whether or not you'll get any more listeners, you will definitely get one more listener - me. I've never listened to your show before but I will listen to the youtube link for sure

Yeah I am much more likely to listen/watch via youtube than any other platform for podcasts. Though there is no shortage of MMA podcasts so you'd want to differentiate yourself somehow

I had no idea lipski is of polish heritage, maybe half polish? @Wiktoruspro
Thats why she looks like a goddess
<NewGina>
From what I read her family comes from Poland.
They talk polish at home, know our culture.
Arianes favorite food are our traditional ,,pierogi"
21e731fdffc5e6dbc6dd5d2cee0dc9ae_110705_59d3c331201a4_wm.jpg

Oh and she will fuck up Moroz bad

anyone else thinks poirier is going to destroy nate? i think anything above 1.5 is a good deal

DmxYImvXoAA5M9Q.jpg

Abdul Razak Alhassan was arrested on sexual assault/rape charges. His bond was set at $20k.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/9/...ted-march-sexual-assault-rape-charge-mma-news

According to Evan Dunham there was no drug testing before or after the fights this past event in Sao Paolo

According to Evan Dunham there was no drug testing before or after the fights this past event in Sao Paolo

i always feel that the away fighters underperform in brazil and gas early. even randa who is usually well conditioned.

i've heard the stadiums are very humid - bears watching for next time.

Some interesting Jon Jones props offered at BetDSI, as per the article from MMAOddsbreaker.com:

Jon Jones' next UFC opponen

Alexander Gustafsson +160
Daniel Cormier +185
Stipe Miocic +300
Brock Lesnar +400
Field (Any Fighter Not Listed) +550

Will Jon Jones compete at UFC 230 on Nov. 3, 2018?

Yes +260
No -380

Total UFC fights for Jon Jones in 2019

Over 2.5 (+225)
Under 2.5 (-325)

Will Jon Jones be suspended in 2019?

Yes +150
No -200

Will Jon Jones hold the Light Heavyweight title at any time in 2019?

Yes -350
No +250

Will Jon Jones fight at UFC Heavyweight class in 2019?

Yes +110
No -150

Jon Jones' next UFC Heavyweight opponent

Daniel Cormier +225
Alexander Gustafsson +250
Stipe Miocic +325
Brock Lesnar +500
Francis Ngannou +700
Curtis Blaydes +700
Field (Any Fighter Not Listed) +900

Will Jon Jones hold the UFC Heavyweight title at any time in 2019?

Yes +135
No -175

Just recorded a quick episode of my podcast Martian MMA. I recap the UFC Sao Paulo card, preview the Bellator 206 card, and discuss the possible UFC 230 main event.

Youtube link
iTunes link
Soundcloud link

UFC Sao Paulo recap until: 12:45
Bellator 206 preview til: 17:35
UFC 230 main event, Jon Jones, Conor and Khabib press conference til: finish at 25:02

Back