George Floyd choke or crank?

I don't like seeing communities and businesses armed by looting, but a lot of the looters have nothing to do with the protests. It's just people using a legit cause for selfish reasons and I agree with you that it's bullshit and detracts from the cause.

But I can understand protests. We're tired of the killing of our brothers and sisters and fellow citizens getting murdered. It's hit a breaking point. This was bad timing. Everyone is already stressed and cooped up from the virus. Now we have to watch one of the more egregious police murders ever?

Everyone's offended by the looting. How come when people riot after a sports game it's acceptable but when it's due to the murder of an unarmed citizen then everyone rioting is labeled as a thug?

You're right. The govt. is supposed to protect people. And they aren't protecting black citizens that are getting murdered out here in 2020 in broad daylight.

Hi,

Police kill more unarmed white men than black men in America. I've done some research on this, and the whole race based thing seems to be deeply sensationalized by the media, activist groups and certain celebrities and companies.

An example of this is Daniel Shavers killing for trying to pull up his shorts. The police officer was acquitted and given disability pay for the trauma caused by him killing Shaver. There were no riots over this, there were no media hype jobs, there were no companies tweeting support, there were no activists tweeting white lives matter. I can imagine, if Shaver was black the reaction would be vastly different.

People shot to death by police broken down by race:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/

Based on the above statistics, even though police kill more Whites than Blacks, it is true that Blacks are overrepresented based on their population size. However then there are other factors to consider like Blacks overrepresentation on commission of homicides and other crime statistics which would place them more likely to interact with police on a per capita basis.

At the end of the day, the statistics are nuanced and there is little evidence to prove there is a systemic race based targeted killing of black men by police. This is completely contradictory to what the media purports, the activists and celebrities tell us and men like you on sherdog claim.

Hi,

Police kill more unarmed white men than black men in America. I've done some research on this, and the whole race based thing seems to be deeply sensationalized by the media, activist groups and certain celebrities and companies.

An example of this is Daniel Shavers killing for trying to pull up his shorts. The police officer was acquitted and given disability pay for the trauma caused by him killing Shaver. There were no riots over this, there were no media hype jobs, there were no companies tweeting support, there were no activists tweeting white lives matter. I can imagine, if Shaver was black the reaction would be vastly different.

People shot to death by police broken down by race:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/

Based on the above statistics, even though police kill more Whites than Blacks, it is true that Blacks are overrepresented based on their population size. However then there are other factors to consider like Blacks overrepresentation on commission of homicides and other crime statistics which would place them more likely to interact with police on a per capita basis.

At the end of the day, the statistics are nuanced and there is little evidence to prove there is a systemic race based targeted killing of black men by police. This is completely contradictory to what the media purports, the activists and celebrities tell us and men like you on sherdog claim.

They’re killing too many unarmed citizens. That’s really my point. White and black. They gunned down one of my best friends who was unarmed along with his dog in 2007 with a sub machine gun. All because they sent a swat team to the wrong house and someone was trigger happy. No guns or drugs were found in the house. My friend was white too. Doesn’t matter. He was unarmed and no threat. Just playing Mario Kart on the couch.

So I’ve had a problem with police violence against all my fellow citizens for a long time.

Also. Of course they kill more white people. There’s way more white people in the United States than black people. I’d imagine they do get shot more based on the fact they outnumber everyone else. There are about 6x as many white people in the U.S. as there are black people. (https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/US/IPE120218) So with that in mind it's disturbing that the numbers in the link you provided are as close as they are. They aren’t anything remotely close to a 6:1 ratio. And for 2020 already the numbers are almost 1:1.

Last edited:
My first thought was a knee on the side of the neck hits the carotid, so it was a blood choke or had the potential to be. Obviously would take longer, since its one side versus both, but a steady and gradual deprivation of blood to the brain. Given the total weight on him from multiple officers, handcuffs, and not being able to adjust his body position - its a wonder he didn't pass out earlier.

I sincerely hope the family insists on an autopsy and an official cause of death is released to the public. No doubt some parties will try and suppress it, but I think the world needs to know.

Police should 100% have to achieve blue belts in BJJ OR some equivalent in other grappling arts / BJJ combined. I'm not some BJJ lord promoting it here, I don't care, I genuinely think they should and I've seen cops saying the same thing.

Tons of cops go hands on and they are just complete morons. They should all have at least 3-6 months training in wrestling/BJJ/MMA/Sambo/Judo - whatever it is.

I'll give a brief opinion too, these "protests" are not justified. That is obvious. One guy said "glad to see who the pieces of shit are!" in this thread. Yeah buddy, I guess beating the fuck out of a store owner in Dallas last night to the point of coma/death really honored Lloyd's memory too right? Other people have been assaulted, arson, robbery-looting, millions destroyed, a police station burned.

Not sure why the government - which is put in PLACE to protect it's people inherently - is not acting. But that's just me. I guess a bunch of children, criminal scumbags, and possible antifa-eddie bravos, really need to loot that nike store and ruin the College Football HOF for "justice". Shit is beyond ridiculous, our society sucks dick now because it's being dictated by a minority of sub 60-70 IQ retards on twitter. Polticians (scumbags) are scared to act out of fear of backlash from idiots on twitter/mainstream media prior to an election.

The government needs to start tasering people, and arresting the looters...

Protestors are one thing..but once u start breeaking and stealing ur a criminal and should go to jail.... How does breaking and stealing from your community members help with stopping police violence or there lack of training

You're missing the point.

No matter the color of the victims, law enforcement officers have been killing unarmed people and getting away with for years.

The rage of generations is boiling over. Floyd's murder was a tipping point.

They've been gunning people down, murdering adults and children in no knock raids that might not even be at the correct address, and beating the homeless to death.

We need nation wide retraining in use of force, rules of engagement, and more.

Institutionalized racism is a serious problem, yes. But the riots are about police violence as a whole. That violence is often racially motivated, but just because officers murdered Breanna Taylor in the dark without seeing her skin does not mean that is not a massive problem.

To quote Brad Nowell, "it wasn't about Rodney King, it's this fucked up situation and these fucked up police."

Don't detract from the reason these riots are going down.

For years and years US police forces have been more concerned about protecting property and wealth than protecting human life.
Thank you! They’re over militarized, under trained, poorly incentivized, and way too many of them are on power trips. It’s a tough spot for me too because in the south I have a lot of training partners that are cops too. Some are good friends. I know they have a dangerous job. And even though it may sound harsh I think they should be held to a higher standard. They accepted the responsibility by signing up. If me and you did tI George Floyd what those cops did they’d put us under the fucking prison. And assholes in this thread think just because you’re getting arrested (For a crime you may not have even been knowingly committing; I’ve accidentally received counterfeit money and spent it) that you deserve to die.

I keep hearing people say it’s just a few bad apples but they don’t remember that the saying goes “a few bad apples spoil the bunch.” — Spoiling the bunch being the key part. The saying doesn’t go “a few bad apples aren’t a problem and should be overlooked.”

The government needs to start tasering people, and arresting the looters...

Protestors are one thing..but once u start breeaking and stealing ur a criminal and should go to jail.... How does breaking and stealing from your community members help with stopping police violence or there lack of training
Looters definitely should be arrested. But a lot of them are just taking advantage of the situation and/or are cooped up from this pandemic and are just acting out. A lot of them aren't even interested in the cause. They absolutely take away from it. And in some cases the cops are the ones that start the violence in order to move in and shut down the protests. Agent provocateurs are a real thing. Most of the protestors for George Floyd want to keep things peaceful. I have the upmost empathy for small business owners and other community members that are getting injured or having their property damaged. But people are locked inside during a pandemic and are already stressed the fuck out about money, what's going to happen, and then it's heating up for summer time when people already have quarantine fatigue? And on top of that they have to watch yet another unarmed person get murdered in broad daylight by civil servants that we are paying with our tax dollars? This was the worst time for a crime like this to happen.

I will just add that society seems to accept it when people loot and riot after sports events. People in major cities win the national title and flip cars over and set them on fire. They get labeled as people that got carried away celebrating. But when other people end up going too far when they were protesting for the right reasons, then there's a lot of people that want to label them as thugs. It's a double standard. MLK Jr was against rioting but he also wisely said it was the language of the unheard. When people don't feel like their voices or peaceful protests are being heard then they can sometimes lash out and become violent. It's human nature.

Last edited:
They’re killing too many unarmed citizens. That’s really my point. White and black.

But that's was not really your point at all. You said:

You're right. The govt. is supposed to protect people. And they aren't protecting black citizens that are getting murdered out here in 2020 in broad daylight.

In your previous post you made a specific qualification that government is not protecting "black citizens". Now you are stating that police officers kill Black and White citizens. So please tell, is the government not protecting black citizens or are they not protecting citizens in general?

Simply put, you were trying to push a narrative that there is some sort of systemic deliberate race based targeting of black men by police. You're not the only one to peddle this narrative, since it's the prevailing narrative on all social media, activist groups, mainstream media, celebrities etc. Yet the basic facts and data simply do not support this claim. It is an insidious lie.

Also. Of course they kill more white people. There’s way more white people in the United States than black people. I’d imagine they do get shot more based on the fact they outnumber everyone else. There are about 6x as many white people in the U.S. as there are black people. (https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/US/IPE120218) So with that in mind it's disturbing that the numbers in the link you provided are as close as they are. They aren’t anything remotely close to a 6:1 ratio. And for 2020 already the numbers are almost 1:1.

I've already addressed this in my previous post. Yes I accept that black people are overrepresented based on their population size. However, Blacks also have an overrepresentation on commission of crime statistics and black neighborhoods also have a disproportionate share of crimes reported which puts them far more likely to interact with or encounter police at all. Hence, the overrepresentation of black men killed can also be looked through the prism of an overrepresentation of black men committing crimes.

The crux of my argument is not to say that there is no police brutality or racism does not exist in America, but simply to say that the prevailing narrative that unarmed Black men are being systematically targeted and killed by racist police officers is nothing short of an insidious lie and there is little empirical data to support this mainstream media narrative.

Last edited:
You're missing the point.

No matter the color of the victims, law enforcement officers have been killing unarmed people and getting away with for years.

No, you're missing my point. It is one thing to say, "no matter the color of the victims, law enforcement has been killing unarmed people for too long."

It is a completely different thing to push a racial narrative on mainstream media, that unarmed Black men are being systematically targeted and killed by racist police officers simply for being black. There is little empirical data to support this narrative that in my opinion is being ridiculously peddled by almost every activist and mainstream media outlet.

Last edited:
Looters definitely should be arrested. But a lot of them are just taking advantage of the situation and/or are cooped up from this pandemic and are just acting out. A lot of them aren't even interested in the cause. They absolutely take away from it. And in some cases the cops are the ones that start the violence in order to move in and shut down the protests. Agent provocateurs are a real thing. Most of the protestors for George Floyd want to keep things peaceful. I have the upmost empathy for small business owners and other community members that are getting injured or having their property damaged. But people are locked inside during a pandemic and are already stressed the fuck out about money, what's going to happen, and then it's heating up for summer time when people already have quarantine fatigue? And on top of that they have to watch yet another unarmed person get murdered in broad daylight by civil servants that we are paying with our tax dollars? This was the worst time for a crime like this to happen.

I will just add that society seems to accept it when people loot and riot after sports events. People in major cities win the national title and flip cars over and set them on fire. They get labeled as people that got carried away celebrating. But when other people end up going too far when they were protesting for the right reasons, then there's a lot of people that want to label them as thugs. It's a double standard. MLK Jr was against rioting but he also wisely said it was the language of the unheard. When people don't feel like their voices or peaceful protests are being heard then they can sometimes lash out and become violent. It's human nature.

"Certain conditions continue to exist in our society, which must be condemned as vigorously as we condemn riots. But in the final analysis, a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it that America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the Negro poor has worsened over the last few years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice, equality and humanity. And so in a real sense our nation’s summers of riots are caused by our nation’s winters of delay. And as long as America postpones justice, we stand in the position of having these recurrences of violence and riots over and over again. Social justice and progress are the absolute guarantors of riot prevention"

Dr MLK Jr.

I'm not condoning any violence other than that between consenting training partners in a gym.

But what some people are failing to grasp is this.

For years many LEO's and departments in the US have acted in the interest of protecting property and wealth against the interest of protecting human life.

In many of the cases in US history, those who murdered the unarmed, or the innocent, or the fully detained, faced little to no repercussions. There was no justice for the slain.

Those who are hungry for justice and never receive it will often seek vengeance if justice cannot or will not be done.

And while that can manifest in attacks that are made against LEO's, it is common that rioters take out their thirst for vengeance on property and wealth that has been considered more worthwhile than their blood and their lives.

But that's was not really your point at all. You said:

In your previous post you made a specific qualification that government is not protecting "black citizens". Now you are stating that police officers kill Black and White citizens. So please tell, is the government not protecting black citizens or are they not protecting citizens in general?

Simply put, you were trying to push a narrative that there is some sort of systemic deliberate race based targeting of black men by police. You're not the only one to peddle this narrative, since it's the prevailing narrative on all social media, activist groups, mainstream media, celebrities etc. Yet the basic facts and data simply do not support this claim. It is an insidious lie.

I've already addressed this in my previous post. Yes I accept that black people are overrepresented based on their population size. However, Blacks also have an overrepresentation on commission of crime statistics and black neighborhoods also have a disproportionate share of crimes reported which puts them far more likely to interact with or encounter police at all. Hence, the overrepresentation of black men killed can also be looked through the prism of an overrepresentation of black men committing crimes.

The crux of my argument is not to say that there is no police brutality or racism does not exist in America, but simply to say that the prevailing narrative that unarmed Black men are being systematically targeted and killed by racist police officers is nothing short of an insidious lie and there is little empirical data to support this mainstream media narrative.
I'm not going to get into a drawn out and protracted argument online but I'll address your specific questions and do my best to walk away.

"In your previous post you made a specific qualification that government is not protecting "black citizens". Now you are stating that police officers kill Black and White citizens. So please tell, is the government not protecting black citizens or are they not protecting citizens in general? Simply put, you were trying to push a narrative that there is some sort of systemic deliberate race based targeting of black men by police. You're not the only one to peddle this narrative, since it's the prevailing narrative on all social media, activist groups, mainstream media, celebrities etc. Yet the basic facts and data simply do not support this claim. It is an insidious lie."

I'm not trying to push a narrative nor was I trying to move the goal posts. I'm sorry if it came across that way. I can see how the shift in my 2 posts could make it seem like I was. Re: the bolded question I think both are true. It's mostly about cops being too militarized, aggressive, trigger happy, and not scared of any consequences. To a lesser degree it's about so many flagrant incidents of black people getting killed by the cops.

It's hard to strip my bias because of how much I've experienced. I grew up in the south and still live there. I'm sure it's different in other parts of the country, but when I first got my driver's license I got pulled over with black friends in the car, and we got searched for zero reason. One of the cops pulled me to the side and said, "we know those n--ers have drugs in the car so if you just tell us where it is we'll let you go." I've been in the passenger seat when my black friend (who was driving an Audi A4) was pulled over because he 'looked suspicious' and the cop asked me if everything was okay. Then I already explained the incident where they sent a SWAT team to thee wrong house and shot my friend on the couch because his hands were up and he had a Playstayion controller in one hand and 'they thought it was a gun' so they lit him up with an HK UMP and then killed his dog when it ran into the living room. I've trained bjj with cops that have straight up told me they racial profile and will pull people over just because they're black.

I can't speak for the rest of the country. I don't know what it's like to live in Seattle or San Francisco or somewhere like that. But I know what it's like to have lived most of my life in a predominately black area of the south. I'm not saying they're being systematically targeted and killed, but I'm saying their lives do seem to matter less to law enforcement officers. At least down here they do.

I also understand that more black people commit more crimes than white people per capita. But I'd like to say 2 quick points on that.

1. Your first link was unarmed citizens being shot and killed. The numbers are close. So I don't see how black people committing more or less crimes is an issue at all here. Unarmed is unarmed. If the cops run up on any suspect and that person isn't armed, there needs to be a lot less shooting of them regardless of what their skin color is.

2. You're going to find crime in places you look. it's a vicious cycle. This isn't the thread for it, but when you look for where the visible crime is, you're going to find more visible crime. It's a socio-economic issue more than a race issue. If you go to poor neighborhoods that are predominately black and minorities then you're going to find more drug-dealing economies to make up for the lack of legal economic opportunities. More gangs to substitute for destabilized families. Worse schools which lead to worse education, and under-education is one of the worst sources of society's problems. And then the more people that get arrested destabilize more families, and the seizing of civil assets puts more of a strain on the relationship between the community and the police. It's a vicious cycle. A lot of white crime happens and goes unnoticed. Also a lot of white criminals have more ability to pay for better legal representation and avoid convictions. That's a big reason why so many more minorities get the death penalty as opposed to white people.

Also, I've done armed security work and I'm super familiar with a lot of police procedures. I have family in the Army as well as law enforcement. I know the 21 foot rule. I'm pro 2a. I'm not one of those crazy people suggesting cops shoot for the leg. I know when they shoot that they need to shoot center mass. I know they have to keep themselves safe first and foremost. I'm not unsympathetic that they have a super dangerous job and risk their lives every day. I'm not a cop hater that hasn't looked at things for their point of view. I'm sure they get very jaded and I think it's natural to become cynical and give less of a fuck about people that are committing crimes after you've seen so much. But despite all of that...many of them still have to do better.

Why did 4 cops need to sit on George Floyd for as long as they did? Why did Derek Chauvin keep his knee on the neck for that long? When George was clearly subdued why did all 4 of those cops sit on him and do nothing when he was screaming that he couldn't breathe and crying for his mother? That shit is fucked up my man. I don't think Chauvin had the desire to kill George Floyd as soon as he cuffed him. But he sure as shit didn't care that he was killing him either. I think he saw him as just another perp and didn't give a shit either way because there's never any consequences.

"Certain conditions continue to exist in our society, which must be condemned as vigorously as we condemn riots. But in the final analysis, a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it that America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the Negro poor has worsened over the last few years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice, equality and humanity. And so in a real sense our nation’s summers of riots are caused by our nation’s winters of delay. And as long as America postpones justice, we stand in the position of having these recurrences of violence and riots over and over again. Social justice and progress are the absolute guarantors of riot prevention"

Dr MLK Jr.

I'm not condoning any violence other than that between consenting training partners in a gym.

But what some people are failing to grasp is this.

For years many LEO's and departments in the US have acted in the interest of protecting property and wealth against the interest of protecting human life.

In many of the cases in US history, those who murdered the unarmed, or the innocent, or the fully detained, faced little to no repercussions. There was no justice for the slain.

Those who are hungry for justice and never receive it will often seek vengeance if justice cannot or will not be done.

And while that can manifest in attacks that are made against LEO's, it is common that rioters take out their thirst for vengeance on property and wealth that has been considered more worthwhile than their blood and their lives.
Very well said.

As of this afternoon, the independent autopsy concluded the following:

The attorney representing George Floyd’s family says the findings of an independent autopsy have determined that Floyd died of asphyxiation from sustained pressure.

According to a statement, attorney Ben Crump revealed the results of the autopsy performed by medical examiners Dr. Michael Baden and Dr. Allecia Wilson, and called for charges against fired MPD officer Derek Chauvin to be amended to first-degree murder.

Crump said that the independent autopsy determined that “sustained pressure on the right side of Floyd’s carotid artery impeded blood flow to the brain, and weight on his back impeded his ability to breathe.”

He added that the two medical examiners determined that having handcuffs on and his position impaired the ability for his diaphragm to function. They also said it appears he died at the scene.

“What we found is consistent with what people saw. There is no other health issue that could cause of contribute to the death. Police have this false impression that if you can talk, you can breathe. That’s not true,” Baden said.

This is a genuine question: does being antagonistic on the internet boost your self esteem and/or have a lasting positive effect on your life?
do explain how im an antagonist because im not a sjw lol

cop was wrong and is being punished but dude was a legit criminal didnt even have a shirt on if he wasnt breaking the law being a bad person he wouldnt been in his situation to begin with thats 100% fact

do explain how im an antagonist because im not a sjw lol

cop was wrong and is being punished but dude was a legit criminal didnt even have a shirt on if he wasnt breaking the law being a bad person he wouldnt been in his situation to begin with thats 100% fact

I’d be happy to respond to this, but I don’t know how to frame my response because I don’t know if you sincerely feel this way or not. Is this your genuine opinion of the situation or are you trying to get a rise out of me?

I’d be happy to respond to this, but I don’t know how to frame my response because I don’t know if you sincerely feel this way or not. Is this your genuine opinion of the situation or are you trying to get a rise out of me?
He’s been a troll forever on this forum. He just wants to get a rise out of you. Don’t reply.

He’s been a troll forever on this forum. He just wants to get a rise out of you. Don’t reply.

That’s why I wanted to know. I just wondered what he gets out of it. This isn’t talking shit about sports, this is a real person who really died.

I want him to know that there are other ways to raise his self esteem in a much more constructive way.

Edit:

He has double the number of posts as me and did it in 1/5 the time, so it looks like he spends a lot of time on the internet. He can start small: go outside, take a dog for a walk in the park, maybe find a cause that interests him and volunteer. There’s more to life than making people upset anonymously online. I have a hard time believing that it’s fulfilling. It just makes me sad that so many people seem to be like this.

@tekkenfan on the 1% chance you aren’t a troll.

George Floyd was arrested for spending counterfeit money. Maybe he knew. Bit maybe he didn’t. Within the past 18 months I unknowingly received and spent counterfeit money. I had to explain it but luckily I was given the benefit of the doubt. Receiving counterfeit money and then spending it can happen to people. So George may not have even realized he was committing a crime. But you see a black man without a shirt and assume he’s guilty. Let’s set that to the side.

Our justice system is built on due process. Your position of “if he didn’t commit a crime he wouldn’t be dead” is not only disgusting, but I’d go as far as to say it’s UnAmerican. How would you feel if one of your loved ones was killed by some one you pay with your tax dollars, only because they spent a fake 20 dollar bill that they may not have even realized was fake?

We should not be killing people in this nation without any due process. Dying in such a prolonged and undignified way, for millions to see, in broad daylight and on video, is sad and tragic. I don’t care what a person did or didn’t do. Have some basic human decency man. And you wanna talk about he deserved it and probably was on dope. You’re talking bullshit.

The most generous interpretation of your replies in here paint you as an Ari Shaffer-esque wannabe edgelord.

For your sake I hope you are a troll. Either way based on your posting (in this thread and others) I can’t imagine that you’re a happy person when you look in the mirror and I feel sorry for you.

Last edited:
Back