• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Law George Zimmerman suing Trayvon Martin’s family and others for $100 million

Wait wait....
If liking guns and weed means you're a "thug" then you gotta sign up like 2/3 of the War Room lmao
You would be cool expelling him from school for posting a pic of that gun on social media though, right?

You would be cool expelling him from school for posting a pic of that gun on social media though, right?
What part of "shall not be infringed" are you guys having a hard time with

I followed the story closely. Zimmerman followed the 911 operators instructions to return to his truck. He was leaving the area, but Martin doubled back and attacked him. Then Zimmerman justifiably used lethal force.

Pretty simple.

How does this make someone racist?

I really find it hard to believe that we're back to this again.

Zimmerman just needs to go away and go into stealth mode. He keeps on putting his butt in the breeze, it's gonna get smacked. And not in a good way.

Last edited:
He also has repeatedly sued judges for "bias", often because they had the same gender (women) or religious background (Jewish) as the defendants in his cases. And he has sued at least one media company for "defamation" after they literally quoted something stupid he said in another case.

Isn't Zimmerman a Jewish last name though?

<{vega}>

One time some piece of shit followed me in a parking lot all the way to my car. Did I have a right to cause serious bodily harm to him?

You'd have to tell us your ethnicity and the ethnicity of your potential attacker before we can determine if it would be justified or not.

<seedat>

If you follow a stranger you haven't threatened, does that person gain the right to kill you? That's what this case comes down to. Imagine a Jewish Latino guy walking through a mostly black neighborhood. The Latino Jew notices some black guy following him, turns around, and shoots the black guy. Would he have been justified?

That is the retarded point many people are arguing, if someone looks at me wrong and follows me for 10 seconds can i then turn around and beat the shit out of him? no, that's silly if that's the case people would have the right to beat up everybody. The court case actually said the zimm stopped following and trayvon was extremely far away before he turned around and traveled an extremely long distance to attack zimmerman in fact trayvon almost made it home, which is why zim zam is justified.

You'd have to tell us your ethnicity and the ethnicity of your potential attacker before we can determine if it would be justified or not.

<seedat>

You're joking, but this is a topic that deserves serious attention. Does a person have a right to cause serious bodily harm to someone for following him? Why or why not?

That is the retarded point many people are arguing, if someone looks at me wrong and follows me for 10 seconds can i then turn around and beat the shit out of him? no, that's silly if that's the case people would have the right to beat up everybody. The court case actually said the zimm stopped following and trayvon was extremely far away before he turned around and traveled an extremely long distance to attack zimmerman in fact trayvon almost made it home, which is why zim zam is justified.

Some bum once followed my father many city blocks because my father wouldn't give him money. I've been followed across a parking lot by a bum who I'm 99.9% sure was looking for money. Would we have been within our rights to cause these pieces of shit serious bodily harm?

Some bum once followed my father many city blocks because my father wouldn't give him money. I've been followed across a parking lot by a bum who I'm 99.9% sure was looking for money. Would we have been within our rights to cause these pieces of shit serious bodily harm?

I was once followed about two city blocks by a couple of Greenpeace activists who were screaming stupid shit at the top of their lungs about me wanting to poison the air, water and food supply. This all happened because my wife had joked to them that I probably wouldn’t be interested in the petition they were gathering signatures for (she can be naive sometimes in not recognizing a deranged person when she comes across one). Anyway, I’m quite certain I’d have faced assault charges had I so much as laid a finger on either of the twerps.

He apparently ran a "fight club". Probably bs.
This one is funny to me. The white kids at my school were the ones running the fight club. The preppy ones. People really consider that thuggish?

I was once followed about two city blocks by a couple of Greenpeace activists who were screaming stupid shit at the top of their lungs about me wanting to poison the air, water and food supply. This all happened because my wife had joked to them that I probably wouldn’t be interested in the petition they were gathering signatures for (she can be naive sometimes in not recognizing a deranged person when she comes across one). Anyway, I’m quite certain I’d have faced assault charges had I so much as laid a finger on either of the twerps.

Remember when Buzz Aldrin socked some loser harassing him?

I think most people wouldn't want to commit to the position that following someone gives the person you're following the right to kill you. But it's a debade that should be had and settled in law. Otherwise when situations like the Martin-Zimmerman killing occur, people will just come up with ad hoc justifications or condemnations of the followed person's use of force.

This one is funny to me. The white kids at my school were the ones running the fight club. The preppy ones. People really consider that thuggish?
I don't think so. Let's face it, we're on a forum dedicated to fighting, so scrapping shouldn't bother us. Especially as "fight club" indicates a structured environment.

What it does say is that TV was no stranger to violence and that suggests he wouldn't be averse to physical confrontation.

Back