Georges St-Pierre expected to unveil his intentions regarding his future on Friday!

Pathetic really. WWE-esque type of stuff

It has to be retirement.

An any Interm/New WW Champ is going to exchange hands easily for the next couple of years.

I would be okay with it too. I like the guy, want him to have a good legacy, and don't particularly enjoy his fights anymore either (Condit and Hendricks fights excepted)...

Funny how it's two fighters who went in there to actually fight.

I guess the old saying is true. It takes two to tango.

I would think this would be a retirement announcement other wise he wouldn't make such a big deal about the announcement. If he was going to fight again they would just simply announce his next matchup.

He's either moving down in weight or up...that's a possible choice!

Whats curious is that his agent called the presser and not the UFC.

I for one think he should retire. Hopefully he came to the same conclusion for his well being.

IF (IF) he opts to retire, the UFC will be forced to undergo a rebuilding year that they've probably never had to go through before. '

If he's vacating the title, my guess is Hendricks vs Lawler/Condit in Texas as the co-main for Jones vs Gus.

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2013/12/09/gsp-fera-le-point

Translated, this article announces a press conference in Montreal next Friday, 12/13, to reveal GSP's fighting future.

As many have speculated, it's pretty unlikely that GSP would hold this press conference simply to announce that everything will stay the same. It's believed that either he wlll:

A) Announce his retirement from the sport all-together

B) Simply vacate the UFC belt until he is ready to return in 1-2 years, or whatever the timetable may be

What does everyone think? Also, if either one of these situations ends up playing out, I like the way the division looks matchup wise..

Hendricks vs Lawler - (my predicition for the vacant title; possibly co-main in Dallas for 171)

Condit vs. Brown - (likely to be rescheduled if Brown isn't out too long)

Shields vs Lombard - (confirmed)

Rory vs Maia - (confirmed)

Ellenberger vs Woodley - (would love to see this)

Koscheck vs Marquardt - (both coming off 3 consecutive losses)

Kampmann vs Mein - (A step down for Kamp coming off 2 losses, a step-up for Mein but he still had FOTN w/ Brown)

Story vs Kim - (they were calling for this on UFC Tonight so seems likely)

Alves vs Pierce - (veterans coming off a loss)

Pyle vs E. Silva - (both coming off a loss)

Saffiedine vs Lim - (confirmed)
I feel he will announce his retirement . I respect GSP I think it's a good thing It sucks that he's leaving on such a controversial win but, I don't feel he has anything to prove. There are so many great fights in the welterweight division.

It'll be humorous watching his delusional crew of fanboys and nuthuggers try and continue to claim he's the GOAT with a straight face if he retires following a gift decision everyone that isn't a blind fan of his thinks he lost.

Hopefully he gives Hendricks a rematch and retires after that fight win, lose, or draw. That's the only thing fair to everyone in this situation.

I still go with Hendricks vs. Lawler for the new WW title if GSP retires. My other matchups at 170 on my fantasy booking sheet include-

Stungun vs. Woodley, Pierce vs. E.Silva, Koscheck vs. Nate, Alves vs. Ellenberger, Pyle vs. Kampmann, and Condit vs. Brown (assumed Brown is not out for long). Then Condit/Brown winner should face Lombard/Shields winner to determine the next contender to fight Hendricks/Lawler.

Last edited:
Damn it, why merge the threads, mine had a completely different discussion intended with possible matchups.

I still go with Hendricks vs. Lawler for the new WW title if GSP retires. My other matchups on my fantasy booking sheet include- I have scheduled Kim vs. Woodley, Pierce vs. E.Silva, Koscheck vs. Nate (like you- with loser getting cut), Alves vs. Ellenberger, Pyle vs. Kampmann, and Jordan Mein vs. Thatch. No disrespect, but i think my booking is better (LOL).

(LOL) ok.

Kampmann & Pyle won't be fighting, they're training partners.

I like Thatch vs Mein though, forgot all about Thatch.

but come on seriously, Ellenberger v Woodley & Story v Kim.. I believe Story was robbed in his fight against Pyle, fence saved him from the KO

I still go with Hendricks vs. Lawler for the new WW title if GSP retires. My other matchups at 170 on my fantasy booking sheet include-

Koscheck vs. Nate

koschecks done dude

(LOL) ok.

Kampmann & Pyle won't be fighting, they're training partners.

I like Thatch vs Mein though, forgot all about Thatch.

but come on seriously, Ellenberger v Woodley & Story v Kim.. I believe Story was robbed in his fight against Pyle, fence saved him from the KO

I can live with your picks. Ellenberger knocked out Marquardt this year, who beat Woodley in convincing fashion a year ago. Woodley lost to Shields this year, who Ellenberger also knocked out. Are you forgetting those facts? I do not care about being robbed- Story is 2-2 in his last 4 fights. I do not mind him fighting Kim, but Kim has won three straight fights and rather him face Woodley. So, I still like Ellenberger vs. Alves in March (Alves said he wants to fight in Dallas, and Jake will be ready by then), Woodley vs. Kim on my fantasy sheet in China in March as well.

I can live with your picks. Ellenberger knocked out Marquardt this year, who beat Woodley in convincing fashion a year ago. Woodley lost to Shields, who Ellenberger also knocked out. Are you forgetting those facts? I do not care about being robbed- Story is 2-2 in his last 4 fights. I do not mind him fighting Kim, but Kim has won three straight fights and rather him face Woodley. So, I still like Ellenberger vs. Alves in March (Alves said he wants to fight in Dallas, and Jake will be ready by then), Woodley vs. Kim on my fantasy sheet in China in March as well.

Didn't realize I was arguing with a MMAth Professor.. We will leave it at that.

Back