"Get out of jail free" cards

Of course but any cop with enough experience would have heard/known/seen that other departments use them eventually..

For all the difference I have with him, he doesn't strike me as someone that's especially dishonest though.

As long as people like you and I are under the same governance, no. Things won't get better under that arrangement friend. The worst parts of government in that arrangement will only gain growth. Adding to that, what the majority of the people want has never been the order of the day, and never will... nor should it.

Abolishing "America" is hyperbolic to say the least, though I don't doubt you honestly conflate the government's use of extortion with America itself. I don't want to destroy the land, the people, or anything cultural. The only thing I want to destroy about "America" is its compulsion over individual decisions.
Clearly I don't mean that we'll scoop up the earth and the people and banish them. But it's baby & bathwater stuff. Shitcanning law enforcement? "Compulsion over individual decisions?" Nobody but you, hardcore criminals, and some fringe idealists want that. We've demonstrated that we can change laws for the better. If you just wanted to rewrite the drug laws to better fit a civilized society, I'd be down.

Clearly I don't mean that we'll scoop up the earth and the people and banish them. But it's baby & bathwater stuff. Shitcanning law enforcement? Nobody but you, hardcore criminals, and some fringe idealists want that. We've demonstrated that we can change laws for the better. If you just wanted to rewrite the drug laws to better fit a civilized society, I'd be down.

I don't know, still reads like you're making the assumption to throw out the baby with the bathwater. I'm not suggesting that we shit can law enforcement at all. I just don't want their funding compelled.... Is someone like @Mark Cutting an upstanding LEO? I don't know but throwing in some market incentive structures that could find him out of a job for extorting people or being abusive to the extent that people wouldn't voluntarily pay for his service would be a pretty good way to separate the wheat from the chaff.

By the way, in a society of private law, even criminals would want something like murder outlawed.

Although rewriting (abolishing) the drug laws is a good start we can agree on.

Last edited:
For all the difference I have with him, he doesn't strike me as someone that's especially dishonest though.

I agree. But I found it a bit insincere with his post. Perhaps he really has never seen a courteousy card but he must be aware that they exist and that other police departments do use them.

I agree. But I found it a bit insincere with his post. Perhaps he really has never seen a courteously card but he must be aware that they exist and that other police departments do use them.

I don't have a problem with them, as long as everyone has them. :D

where was that card when my little brother got arrested for shoplifting when he was 15?

Also your brother was a juvenile. Pulling strings to get him out of trouble would not have been a good way of teaching him right from wrong. His record would have been expunged after he became an adult anyways so you had little to no reason to do him this favor. Now if he had shoplifted after turning 18 and your father/you didn't try to pull any strings to alleviate the penalties of his crime then I would have been impressed...

Also your brother was a juvenile. Pulling strings to get him out of trouble would not have been a good way of teaching him right from wrong. His record would have been expunged after he became an adult anyways so you had little to no reason to do him this favor. Now if he had shoplifted after turning 18 and your father/you didn't try to pull any strings to alleviate the penalties of his crime then I would have been impressed...
nope, his shoplifting is still there when he applied for Global Entry membership.

Of course but any cop with enough experience would have eventually heard/known/seen that other departments use them.
ive been a cop for 10 years and ive never seen a "get out of jail free" card.

but i cannot deny or confirm if such card exists because i dont have family members in all 10,000 law enforcement agencies

nope, his shoplifting is still there when he applied for Global Entry membership.

Oh the horror. He's got to line up with everyone else when he's flying in and out of countries...

Oh the horror. He's got to line up with everyone else when he's flying in and out of countries...
no, it's means his record will be with him forever.

he did qualify for GE because the shoplifting was over 10 years and was a misdemeanor

I can attest that they work. I've ridden with a friend who does 90 on the highway always because he has one. ... cousin is a state trooper. I was with him one time when he got pulled over. Cop walked up pissed off... flashed him the card and off we went

I'm not gonna lie. If I wasn't white I woulda spent a lot more time in jail
Expand. Lets here some examples of how your skin tone got you out of trouble.

Expand. Lets here some examples of how your skin tone got you out of trouble.
Well I don't have proof but everyrime I've gone to jail I'm always the first one out

You sound psychotic.

RbgYhzI.gif

Next time you need a cop, remember karma is a bitch...

Next time you need a cop, remember karma is a bitch...
Are you really this obtuse?

Is everything binary; you either hero worship or anything else is derogatory?

Typical.

A bit different, but a year subscription for public transport (buses and trams) costs about 310 euros (About 400 Canadian rupees <{yahyou}>). It used to be just a paper card you kept in your wallet and either showed the driver, or when one of the ticket checkers asked you to. They implemented a "new and improved" system, where your card has a readable chip and you have to hold it in front of the chip reader. If for any reason you don't do this, and they do a check on the bus, you get fined about 80 euros.

Half of the time the scanner doesn't work, of course, and you have to go harass the unfriendly busdriver who gives you a dirty look while reluctantly saving you from getting fined.

There's absolutely zero legit reason why you should get fined when you have definitely paid for a year subscription, just because you didn't hold it against the scanner.

So for 310 euros you get shitty transportation service, tiny seats with no leg space, impolite/rude drivers, drunk people on the bus and the constant smell of urine. On top of that, the risk of being fined because you forgot to scan the paper that proves you paid for a year's worth of bus rides.

Guess who just bought a bike instead and never takes public transportation unless I'm absolutely forced to?
<{poor?}>

Back