Get Your Damn Teeth Cleaned!!!

3x a year is crazy. I do floss and fluoride rinse both twice a day and my dentist tells me I could come once a year or every 9 months if I really wanted to (barely any buildup when I go every 6 months).

She said the amount of people that actually genuinely floss regularly is rare. I remember telling my dad to floss and then smell it, you'll never not floss again. It worked, he almost threw up when he smelled it
Imagine the stench of Williams' breath!!!

If the infections were so bad that he died from them, I can only imagine his mouth smelled like a corpse that's been feasting on diarrhea sandwiches.

Litreral "Death breath".

Shame about Williams. I had an abscessed tooth a long time ago now. Not a fun time and ended up having it pulled. The dentist told me I was an idiot for leaving it that long. Ever since then, I make sure my teeth are in tip top shape.

Bad dental hygiene is just crazy. Six minutes a day to keep your mouth in good shape is not too much to ask. Just don’t understand how some folks don’t give a fuck.

Yeah a few years back I had a broken tooth and I woke up one morning and I was all swollen under my eye. Went to the dentist and said do I need antibiotics? He said about a week ago. Luckily it cleared up after a few days then he fixed the tooth once the infection was gone.

I was watching a video about the John Adams series and one of the actors said everybody was missing teeth back then.

Hard Hat safety too

Dude got taken out by construction debris.

I get that some people aren’t discerning about what they put in their mouths but this is wild

I hate the dentist. Fucking cans slash my gums up with their torture devices, then tell me I need to floss more.

F you, buddy.

I get my teeth cleaned every 6 months. Because I've had my knees replaced and then an occluder placed in my heart due to an atrial septal defect, I have to take an antibiotic prior to any dental treatments. Since I may be allergic to penicillin, I take erythromycin. It kills bacteria, including the bacteria in my digestive system so it takes a few days to get everything back to normal.

Does every 4 months do more trauma on your teeth than every 6 months?

A recent TV commercial is trying to get people to quit sharing food or drinks and said cavities are contagious. If it's from bacteria, I guess so then.

Yeah a few years back I had a broken tooth and I woke up one morning and I was all swollen under my eye. Went to the dentist and said do I need antibiotics? He said about a week ago. Luckily it cleared up after a few days then he fixed the tooth once the infection was gone.

I was watching a video about the John Adams series and one of the actors said everybody was missing teeth back then.

Damn!

I had a tooth issue for years before I got it taken care of. What happened with me, was one day my filling came loose and fell out of my tooth. I hadn't gone to the dentist in some time, because the dentist I had at the time was a crook, trying to overcharge me for all types of extra services that I didn't need. Anyway, I left it like that for a few more years, then I started to feel the pain of an infection. Finally went a saw a new dentist and got a root canal. Little did I know, this new dentist must have been some type of unlicensed quack, and when my crown came off my tooth, I went back to the office to find it gone!!!!

After that, I found a legit dentist that was recommended to me. Had another root canal done, but the infection just would not go away. Another year passes and I tell my dentist to just pull the tooth because I am tired of dealing with it. Now, 3 years later my mouth has never been better!

So, agreed OP, everyone should keep on top of their dental hygiene.

I hate the dentist. Fucking cans slash my gums up with their torture devices, then tell me I need to floss more.

F you, buddy.

Periodontal-Pockets.jpg

If you don't floss properly, you develop pockets which catch bacteria and allow it to sit there between your teeth and gums, especially molars. This results in gum inflammation and bleeding gums, either when brushing or when getting your cleaning done. The hygienists have to get down into the pockets to get the plaque and tartar out, so your gums can heal and your pockets will slowly recede and eventually, hopefully, disappear.

This is why they take measurements of pocket depths at your cleanings, so they know if they are getting better or worse.

Flossing properly helps prevent this from happening, and your cleanings will feel much less like torture.

Does every 4 months do more trauma on your teeth than every 6 months?

A recent TV commercial is trying to get people to quit sharing food or drinks and said cavities are contagious. If it's from bacteria, I guess so then.

Cleanings should not damage your teeth or gums. The special instruments they use such as hand scalers or water scalers are to remove plaque and tartar buildup from your teeth and in between your teeth and gums.

You are correct that sharing drinks and food is a good way to introduce foreign bacteria into your mouth and potentially cause issues that you didn't have before.

Besides, with the flu, common cold, covid, herpes, and a bunch of other contagious viruses and bacteria, who would want to? When I bring weed to friends houses/pool parties etc, I will always roll one out of my own stash for anyone who asks so they have their own joint to smoke. I always thought it was pretty gross to see the same 5 people in a circle passing around a slobbery wet joint (especially when these people are drunk) from one mouth to the next.

Use Baking Soda to clean your teeth. Do not use toothpaste!

Folks also got to take care of their pancreas more they think they kiver and kidneys are more important but a bad pancreas will kill you faster and is harder to transplant.

What will happen to kingcobraJFS? Dudes teeth are all rotten. He’s gotta be ready to die soon right?

My old man’s day, they just gave everybody dentures. He got a ton of teeth knocked out playing pro hockey and had dentures at like 25. Bring that back. I’d take a set too tbh.

Back