GGG vs Lemiux Oct/17 at MSG on PPV

should put it on the same card as cotto-cinnamon

that would be worth it

I will probably watch this via other means unless some bar has it on (which it won't)

Unless it is 29.99 or cheaper with a good card

I like Viloria but he is one of the more "hot and cold" fighters we've seen in recent history. Just when you write the guy off, he gets a big win and vice versa.

Does he have a chance to win ?

should put it on the same card as cotto-cinnamon

that would be worth it

I will probably watch this via other means unless some bar has it on (which it won't)

Unless it is 29.99 or cheaper with a good card

I said the same thing on face book. 29.99 or less is the only way I'm paying for this fight

I'm a huge GGG fan, tied as my current favorite fighter with Kovalev but I'm not paying for this.

Imo this is a similar type fight/match as Canelo/Kirkland - an overmatched fight with an opponent that has knockout power, always comes forward and has a questionable chin. Lemiux is better and stylistically has some differences but along the same lines.

You guys are crazy if you think this will be 29.99.

Does he have a chance to win ?

eh, punchers chance I guess. He's there to be a recognizable name for Gonzalez to beat up. He hasn't fought any decent competition in a while now.

That was a nice sequence.

Bernard wants young fighters to upeducate themselves.

I read on reddit that they are planning the co main event to include Roman Gonzalez.

PPV worthy I guess, I'll pay since I cant afford to fly to NY to watch. :(

I read on reddit that they are planning the co main event to include Roman Gonzalez.

PPV worthy I guess, I'll pay since I cant afford to fly to NY to watch. :(

Nice strategy there they have

This is a pretty good fight for a prelim

Wow, Hooker on queer street.
Point should've been taken away for the mouth piece.

Why? Why does he have to be on PPV? So he can get paid? Doesn't really matter to me. I'm not shelling out 80 bucks so Golovkin can get a payday, unless he fights someone who can test him.

Lemieux got stopped by a guy Golovkin steamrolled. He couldn't take Rubio's punches, he's not taking Golovkins best.

Crap PPV fight.

Because boxing needs to establish new PPV stars for when Pac, Floyd, Marquez, and Cotto retire. Nobody cares if you buy or if you don't because others will. Everybody needs to start somewhere and this is probably the most realistically attainable, low risk-high reward, PPV worthy opponent right now that isn't a joke. Nobody is expecting this to do impressive numbers, hell, it may very well flop, but Golovkin needs to start somewhere.

look at some of the guys Pac faced early on: Solis, pulling 200,000. Larios (which I guess was at least a good fight) pulling 120,000 on the in-demand network, David Diaz pulling 250,000. Tommy Morrison fought Ray Mercer and pulled 200,000. De La Hoya fought Ruelas and pulled 330,000. Mayweather-Baldomir pulled 325,000. Vitali fought danny williams and drew 120,000. Tyson fought bums and lost to some of them till his last day and still drew. Canelo got 350,000 facing Angulo, a guy who isn't even ranked in the top 10 and then drew 300,000 against an unknown, and boring, Cuban.

what to make of this?
1. Nobody cares if you buy or if you don't, others will
2. It's almost impossible to just explode on the scene with a high drawing rate. Everybody starts off pulling shit numbers facing decent-at-best opponents on obscure tv networks. Golovkin is pretty much universally accepted as a future PPV star and he needs to start somewhere. This sets a precedent and is about as good of a realistically available opponent as it gets. Boxing will move past Floyd and Manny, its already started with Canelo, and now its going to move to Golovkin, get over it.

K2 promotions calls Oscar:

K2: "Oscar, we have bad news"
Oscar: "whats that?"
K2: "some old guy in Maine says he won't pay for the PPV"
Oscar: "well, fuck, guess we should cancel the PPV, pretty sure he was the only guy we could turn to to pay for our PPVs. Looks like boxing really is dead after Floyd and Manny"
K2: "Yeah, sucks. So what do we do now?"
DLH: "Dunno, I'm thinking of becoming a male stripper, maybe making a comeback to the ring"
K2: "sounds solid, good luck"
DLH: "thanks man, good luck with Fury, dude's a dick."

I don't believe in 10-8 rounds with no KD.

This is fantastic news. When do tickets usually go on sale before fights?

Hi guys

fight should be at like 10 or more like midnight you think?

K2 promotions calls Oscar:

K2: "Oscar, we have bad news"
Oscar: "whats that?"
K2: "some old guy in Maine says he won't pay for the PPV"
Oscar: "well, fuck, guess we should cancel the PPV, pretty sure he was the only guy we could turn to to pay for our PPVs. Looks like boxing really is dead after Floyd and Manny"
K2: "Yeah, sucks. So what do we do now?"
DLH: "Dunno, I'm thinking of becoming a male stripper, maybe making a comeback to the ring"
K2: "sounds solid, good luck"
DLH: "thanks man, good luck with Fury, dude's a dick."

Lol, golden.

right GGG on PPV was going to happen at some point, at least it's a title unification vs a styalistically favorable opponent.

And are the comments of the PPV being $19 or even $39 joking? In 2007 Cotto fought Judah on HBO PPV for I believe $49.99 (or perhaps it was $54.99) and since then the price has gradually gone up

what was the HD asking price for Mayweather vs Canelo and the Maidana rematch?

since it's pretty unlikely Golovkin-Lemieux will be $39.99. what's a realistica asking price for it? $60?

It's exactly the wrong fight for ppv.

With the power they both have it can easily be hyped up as an all action someone is going to sleep with the fishes bone busting brawl of a fight. On non-ppv it would be a bigger draw then pretty much every other GGG fight. It would pull way more fans into caring who he fights next and maybe even get more public pressure on some of the guys in his weight division who won't fight him. A showcase match up leading to a ppv against someone who didn't get totally murdered by Rubio is what this should have been. As a ppv that the general public won't see it feels like a waste.

Oscar has an angelic voice.

I don't mind paying because down here it will work out to be around 20 bucks. Will be good to see different fighters on 24/7 as well.

Kevin Kelley talking about his fight with Troy Dorsey, one of my favorite fights. I highly recommend youtubing it for the casuals in this thread.

what to make of this?
1. Nobody cares if you buy or if you don't, others will
2. It's almost impossible to just explode on the scene with a high drawing rate. Everybody starts off pulling shit numbers facing decent-at-best opponents on obscure tv networks. Golovkin is pretty much universally accepted as a future PPV star and he needs to start somewhere. This sets a precedent and is about as good of a realistically available opponent as it gets. Boxing will move past Floyd and Manny, its already started with Canelo, and now its going to move to Golovkin, get over it.
Frankly, I'm not seeing a lot of enthusiasm for this PPV, never mind my opinion.I bet it flops.

This is the sort of fight that should be free to build interest in a potential PPV vs a live and significant opponent.

HBO has been selling us Golovkin against b level guys for a while now. I already pay to watch those mismatches. I'm not shelling out more for another gimme fight and thats not just my oipinion, read the thread.

Anybody in the norfolk VA area that knows of a bar showing the fights?

Well doesn't Golovkin have an exclusive fight deal with HBO, so the fight would NEVER be free, unless Golden Boy really took charge and they decided to put it on Fox Sports One

but Seano is getting at some good points, that taking a fun match up for Golovkin, where the PPV market is completely untested for him and charging a extra premium for it (PPV) worst case could blow up in HBO's faces

the big question here is has Golovkin's name gotten to the point where the casuals who don't have HBO would pony up to see him fight on PPV

Triple Duck fanboys will push the buyrates to over 1 mill.
Getting David laid out should've been on HBO.

Good fight. Might be a draw.
Looked like two halves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brady12Gronk87
Back