Gimme your best forgotten 90's one hit wonders !

Here's an American act that was doesn't make the cut, but was apparently really big in the UK. Maybe @Sonxy or the other Brits who were alive back then could testify to their presence. Even though this song didn't make the US Top 100, I do remember it, it definitely got airplay for a while, when a handful of the songs we've found that made the Top 100 I don't recall having any presence at all.

Off the top of my head, Scooby Snacks, King Of New York, The Fun Lovin’ Criminal and Loco all made the UK top 40. Maybe even their cover of All The Time In The World

So apparently this band doesn't count:

Because this also charted. Never heard this in my life:

Showing how imperfect even the Billboard Hot 100 is, the below won the 1997 MTV Awards Video of the Year, but didn't main the Billboard Top 100. The group technically qualifies as a one hit wonder because a later song, "Alright", hit 78 on the main chart despite not reaching nearly as high as many other hits by the group on genre charts (usually the Dance chart). I'm confident "Alright" would not be one of the top three songs people, widely speaking, associate with the group (that would be "Virtual Insanity", "Canned Heat", and "Cosmic Girl").

This includes the song immortalized by the cult classic comedy Napoleon Dynamite that hit #1 on the Dance chart before the movie was even released.

Last edited:
Here's an American act that was doesn't make the cut, but was apparently really big in the UK. Maybe @Sonxy or the other Brits who were alive back then could testify to their presence. Even though this song didn't make the US Top 100, I do remember it, it definitely got airplay for a while, when a handful of the songs we've found that made the Top 100 I don't recall having any presence at all.

Dont know this song. Im from Germany though, so a little different music market. Yea its very difficult to categorize one hit wonders and moreso worldwide. If you have german bands that are extremly successful in Germany, but get one hit in the US, I theoretically would not consider them one hit wonders, for example. (Its fine to go US market for some objectivitiy on here)
Back in the 90s in Germany you had only limited radio stations, playing Classic , news and Pop. I was recording on tape the only 1 hour weekly show " Hard n Heavy" i could get on the radio, airing from 11 to 12 PM. Also a lot of metal bands would not even release singles back then. The market changed a lot since then.

The Cardigans "Lovefool" was first exposed to Americans in what might be the best original movie soundtrack of all time: Baz Luhrmann's Romeo & Juliet. Ironically, initially, that album's biggest hit was this ballad from Des'ree.

However, that one didn't chart. Technically, she doesn't count because she had two hits, but I don't recognize the second of her hits. I think most will recognize her biggest hit, and might consider her a one hit wonder:

*Edit* As @Sara pointed out, this came out in 2001.

Last edited:
Not a band anyone associates with the term, LOL, but okay, they technically count.

They don't count, but I'll put them in a Wild Card round once I hold a poll tournament.

Another one from the Great Expectations soundtrack. Wow, I revisited that album, and it was absolutely loaded. Kind of makes me miss when great music was often originally created for movies. That era is gone. Can't remember the last time I heard a great original soundtrack.

Back