Social Gina Carano sues Disney for wrongful termination, funded by Elon Musk

Nobody else has raised as much controversy as Carano did, let alone refused to stop doing so.

Doesnt mean her comments were worth the attention. Ruffalo defended a child rapist. Pascal made his own Holocaust comparisons. I dont see a case here, but the fact is nothing Carano did was that bad, and other people did things that were worse.

Doesnt mean her comments were worth the attention. Ruffalo defended a child rapist. Pascal made his own Holocaust comparisons. I dont see a case here, but the fact is nothing Carano did was that bad, and other people did things that were worse.

fact is gina is a worse actor by a hundred miles than ruffalo and pascal so any risk she posed to the IP's public image didn't come with much reward to speak of. That's on her.

fact is gina is a worse actor by a hundred miles than ruffalo and pascal so any risk she posed to the IP's public image didn't come with much reward to speak of. That's on her.
Ok, but that doesnt change what I said. The "controversy" was honestly pretty manufactured. It was a clumsy, inept analogy, but it wasnt malicious and had no ill intent. Yet theres literally people in this thread saying shes a bigot and an anti-semite.

Ok, but that doesnt change what I said. The "controversy" was honestly pretty manufactured. It was a clumsy, inept analogy, but it wasnt malicious and had no ill intent. Yet theres literally people in this thread saying shes a bigot and an anti-semite.

Manufactured by whom? you’re admitting she was politically clumsy on the worlds most public forum when she didn’t possess career leverage in any fashion.

Manufactured by whom? you’re admitting she was politically clumsy on the worlds most public forum when she didn’t possess career leverage in any fashion.
Everyone saying she was bigoted. The media trying to paint her as a "nazi" or anti-semitic.

I never said she wasnt clumsy. That was my point from the start. I dont know what you think you're arguing against.

The gender discrimination angle is her best bet. It does seem that women are held to a higher standard of public decorum than men in the entertainment industry.

I don't really get that.

What she posted was stupid and insensitive but not anti-Semitic.

The stuff Gina was posting on Twitter wasn't cool and kosher

Reactions: lsa
The gender discrimination angle is her best bet. It does seem that women are held to a higher standard of public decorum than men in the entertainment industry.
Maybe. But at the end of the day, this is all 100% political and its blatantly obvious. I don't think the gender angle has anything to do with this particular situation.

I agree it's an uphill battle to win her case but she can possibly win for libel. Below is what Disney said about her Twitter posts. If anyone actually looked at what she posted, this is a mischaracterization.

"...her social media posts denigrating people based on their cultural and religious identities are abhorrent and unacceptable..."

She’s way out of time to sue for libel. The statute of limitations in California to sue for libel is only one year. She’s suing literally three days shy of three years from her firing (with three years being the statute of limitations for suing for discrimination).

She’s way out of time to sue for libel. The statute of limitations in California to sue for libel is only one year. She’s suing literally three days shy of three years from her firing (with three years being the statute of limitations for suing for discrimination).

Do you think it could be just Musk trying to get some kinda dirt on Disney's hiring practices? As in, they have to release internal documents they'd rather not share? Bit if what you say is accurate, wouldn't it get thrown out before thay happens?

The timing is really weird.

Oh, is it possible they're not suing in california?

Do you think it could be just Musk trying to get some kinda dirt on Disney's hiring practices? As in, they have to release internal documents they'd rather not share? Bit if what you say is accurate, wouldn't it get thrown out before thay happens?

The timing is really weird.

Oh, is it possible they're not suing in california?

They’re suing in Federal Court but would still be bound by California’s statute of limitations, which is why her claim is for discrimination and not defamation, because the discrimination claim is not out of time (it would have been had she waited four more days) but the defamation (libel) claim is out time.

She was good in Haywire, though granted she didn't have to do much acting in that. At the time I thought she might actually have a future in the movies. She was still crazy hot, and her fighting background gave her added legitimacy in action roles. Now she's just crazy fat.

Haywire was shit movie and the action scenes were average. You gen x types think every bargain bin 2010s straight to DVD action movie is a masterpeice.

Gina needing a handout? Times must be tough for a fat washed up MMA fighter turned failed actress
Bro, Gina could make 100 trash movies and have a bunch of views I disagree with and I would still not hate. She was an mma pioneer champion and hot af in her prime.

I get what you’re saying, but I don’t agree. Employers shouldn’t be subject to the same obligations and limitations as the state when it comes to an employee’s rights. Our system couldn’t function if every private enterprise could be held hostage by some fucking lunatic employee. Like imagine some Mom & Pops hardware store in rural America hires some new employee who then goes on blast every night on Twitter about how he’s a member of NAMBLA and wants to fuck young boys. The shop owners want to let him go and he drags them to Court over his right to free speech? That wouldn’t be sustainable.
I get that too. But I feel like there has to be some way to distinguish between slandering your company and this. I mean this really is just holding your livelihood hostage to control what you express as your beliefs

Back