Social Gingers, Afro's, blondies and baldies: New French law to protect against hair based workplace discrimination

TheMaster

Take The Road To Reality
@red
Reaction score
A new law is being passed in France to protect against hair discrimination.
The mains ones who have historically suffered this have been people of African ancestry, often compelled to use strighteners or wear wigs to hide their natural hair and conform to European standards.

However, it also protects againt ginger based discrimination as well as 'dumb blonde' stereotypes discrimination against women who may have had to dye their hair to appear more intelligent, and also bald discrimination against those with premature balding.

hair discrimination? first time i've heard of that. must be a fench dressing thing.
tumblr_p09hndhQfr1rpduwho1_500.gif

what's next? eyebrow discrimination....
3e3451ff018c3998ace2a99faba7a018.jpg

Some of it makes sense, some of it is kind of confusing. Africans should have to do anything to their hair to conform for their jobs.

The dumb blonde part seems a little silly. I’m not saying blonde women should be looked at as less intelligent but how would one determine they are being discriminated against because of that?

Thank goodness people are finally starting to look out for people like me.

Some of it makes sense, some of it is kind of confusing. Africans should have to do anything to their hair to conform for their jobs.
Easy to say but Europe and the US have a long, long history of discrimination and outright hostility towards different types of hair.

And let's not pretend its gone away.

I personally think Ginger discrimination isnt taken seriously enough either, although it's obviously not on the same level.

The dumb blonde part seems a little silly. I’m not saying blonde women should be looked at as less intelligent but how would one determine they are being discriminated against because of that?
Its reinforced by society just think of Barbie the blonde bimbo. It could be casual comments or just the way they notice they get treated or not promoted to certain roles.

Did you never hear about CROWN legislation?
This is a major ongoing issue in the US also across states

I thought this was punishment for calling someone chrome dome.
However after reading the links, I guess it is necessary. Never realized this was a thing. I think as long as your hairstyle doesn't affect your safety at work, one should do as they please, it's irrelevant to performance.

We can still endlessly mock and torment bald people though, right?

I thought this was punishment for calling someone chrome dome.
However after reading the links, I guess it is necessary. Never realized this was a thing. I think as long as your hairstyle doesn't affect your safety at work, one should do as they please, it's irrelevant to performance.

The Texas Supreme Court just ruled against a kid who was kicked out of school because he has Locs. There's literally no other problem with him, its forced conformity for sake of forced conformity.

Easy to say but Europe and the US have a long, long history of discrimination and outright hostility towards different types of hair.
Huh?? No one hates black women's hair more than black women themselves. That's why they wear wigs, weaves, extensions, etc etc. Which actually makes them look weird and worse... FAKE. There are bald Chinese women, Indian women and muskrats out there in the world because of this business.

They'd look so much better if they'd stop using their heads as a weekly science project. There is NOTHING better than natural.

We can still endlessly mock and torment bald people though, right?
White bald guy checking in. Bring it. Nothing offends me.

That being said, there's a trick offset it. Nice abs, shoulder muscles and overall fitness. It evens the odds really quick ;);)

Is it possible you might be missing a smidge of historical context here?
That post ^^ can mean anything. Feel free to explain. I'm essentially getting paid to surf the internet for the next 5 hours so I got time to listen.

They need to offer free Turkish medical treatments to bald bros. Something something human rights issue blah blah.

That post ^^ can mean anything. Feel free to explain. I'm essentially getting paid to surf the internet for the next 5 hours so I got time to listen.
You're ignoring one of the main reasons there is pleasure in the black community to conform to "white" beauty standards.

Back