Giving out Belts is KILLING MMA.

It's the UFC hype machine trying to promote the next big thing, what part of that is hard to understand?

Rousey is pretty and 6-0 all first round finishes. Aldo was 18-1, 7-1 in (T)KO`s in the WEC before coming into the UFC. Are you not entertained!?

Last edited by a moderator:
If Cruz and Aldo had flopped in the UFC your argument might hold up, but they have kicked the asses of everyone they've fought, and Rousey has a great chance of doing the same. How does having an olympic athlete as champ make UFC look like a joke?

Ronda is fucking legit.

No, she's fucking Dana White...

Dana was against TUF, there is an interview with him talking about it. (Back when he had hair even.

He gets too much credit for a sport just about anyone would like.

If which ever of the Fertitta brothers would not have blocked the UFC from getting sanctioning in Nevada, like a year before they bought it, they probably wouldn't be the owners of it now either.

But its professional sports, they are just fucked all across the board.

+ 1 MM.

Very few know the history of the sport as not told by Zuffa.

I agree. No one should ever be the champ without even fighting once.

What happens if Ronda loses the fight? Will she be called the "former champion" in future fights?

First off im going to start off by giving Dana his props.
Without him the UFC and MMA would not be what it is today.

Now, he has went back on his word many many times especially with women will NEVER fight in the UFC octagon.
I think Ronda must give him crazy wood or something, but thats besides the point.
Why the FUCK does he straight up give a UFC belt to someone who has never fought in the Octagon???? Jose Aldo now Ronda Rousey.
Why couldn't they have made Ronda's upcoming fight a fight for the belt?
And the same thing with Aldo.
I just think Dana's making the UFC look like a joke with doing that.
He didn't just give away the Flyweight title, there was a 4 man tourney, which there should be every time, or at least make Ronda fight for it.
Aldo was already the champ in wec, a zuffa controlled org. So was Ronda rousey. Plus Ronda is still gonna have to defend her title, in the first UFC women's fight.

There was no flyweight champion before the UFC tournament.

Quit being such a wuss and just enjoy the fights.

What happens if Ronda loses the fight? Will she be called the "former champion" in future fights?

Dude she was the champ, and smoked everyone she fought. Not just some bum from nowhere.

in a way it's the same precedent for Aldo's, and Cruz's belts.

serious lack of updated pics

espnrondarousey.jpg

Ronda+Rousey+2.jpg

Ronda+Rousey.jpg

ronda-rousey-eyes-135-division.jpg

ronda%20rousey%20hot%20sexy%20mma%204.jpg-large

Rousey-Likes-Aminolast.jpg

killing mma? really? yeah because they give out belts all the time. Quit being a drama queen, you make no sense.

edit: above pics don't impress, give it up

you do understand that WEC was owned by Zuffa, as was Strikeforce correct? there was no Flyweight division in the WEC, that's why a champion had to be crowned.

well, giving someone a belt and having their first fight be a vacant title fight amounts to the same thing. If they win they are the champ, if they lose they are not. The only difference will be on that fighters record. Its not that big of a deal.

yep, it's pretty dumb

0-1 ufc record...former ufc champ

Exactly. It is just a stupid idea.

you do understand that WEC was owned by Zuffa, as was Strikeforce correct? there was no Flyweight division in the WEC, that's why a champion had to be crowned.

Regardless it is stupid. What if Cruz lost to Faber. He is the former UFC champ? It is just dumb to hand out these belts like this.

Regardless it is stupid. What if Cruz lost to Faber. He is the former UFC champ? It is just dumb to hand out these belts like this.

Guys, Cruz isn't a good example, he beat Jorgensen to win the first UFC title.

I agree, they shouldnt just hand out belts, where does it end? If brock lesnar or kimbo ever come back why not just make them the interim heavyweight champ right off the bat, Im sure it would sell tickets.

Jose Aldo, Dominick Cruz and Ronda Rousey had all earned and defended their titles in organisations that merged with the UFC and in divisions which did not exsist in the UFC.

The Flyweight title was different because there was no Flyweight divsion in Strikeforce, WEC, IFL, WFA or Pride FC. Therefore it made no sense to crown a champion in a division because noone had earned it in a Zuffa league. A tourament made sense.

I do see the sense in it. However despite all of this I still think they should crown the champion after the fight. Rousey should enter as the Strikeforce champion but be fighting for the UFC belt.

Cruz and Aldo deserved it..... Ronda, not so much

Back