Glory 48 NYC- VanNostrand vs Boynazarov

this has got to be top to bottom (both with super fight series included and without) the absolute worst ever card as far as ranked competitors and the always subjective "star power" of the fighters involved

what about former ufc star Chris Camozzi?

There is a stacked UFC card this weekend yet I'm more excited about this mediocre Glory card. I think there is something wrong with me, but I like it.

The UFC card has better kickboxers on it than the Glory card imo...

GLORY Kickboxing 48 - NEW YORK
Madison Square Garden
New York, NY - December 1st, 2017

GLORY 48 New York - (ESPN3 at 10pm ET)

Interim Featherweight Title Headline Bout

Anvar Boynazarov +120
Kevin VanNostrand -160

Over 2.5 -170
Under 2.5 +130
-

Light Heavyweight Co-Headline Bout

John King +220
Thiago Silva -300

Over 1.5 -150
Under 1.5 +110
-----

GLORY 48 SuperFight Series - (UFC Fight Pass at 7:30pm ET)

Super Bantamweight Title Headline Bout

Anissa Meksen +100
Tiffany van Soest -140

Over 4.5 -280
Under 4.5 +200
-

Middleweight Bout

Kyle Weickhardt +130
Chris Camozzi -170

Over 1.5 -165
Under 1.5 +125

My takes on the opening odds:

Anissa Meksen was a great line as a slight underdog to Tiffany Van Soest at the opener of +100. Tiffany is great and made me a lot of money in the past but Anissa is one of the very best female kickboxers in the world who has been a champion in every promotion she has fought in all over the world. I like Meksen at the opening price for the ladies title bout and maxed it for the small $250 opener they let me. Both former UFC fighters are favorites over their opponents and probably been given favorable matchups, so I like both over 1½ rounds for Silva & Camozzi's bouts as even with potential favorable matchups, I don't think they are both going to blow their opponents out of the water early their pro kickboxing debuts with big gloves or get stopped quickly either with that UFC toughness. I am torn on VanNostrand vs Boynazarov because I really like VanNostrand's unconventional style and want to see the American win. If he was the underdog I would have bet him for sure. Unders are always risky in kickboxing and I wish it was set higher at like 3½, but I might look at the under 2½ expecting a fast pace and stoppage one way or another based on how both of these guys got highlight reel knockouts in their recent fights to earn this interim title shot.

Isn't Tiffany bigger than Meksen? It seems to me like Meksen is more skilled but Tiffany seems bigger and stronger so might overpower Meksen

Isn't Tiffany bigger than Meksen? It seems to me like Meksen is more skilled but Tiffany seems bigger and stronger so might overpower Meksen
On the contrary, they are very similar in size with Anissa slightly bigger looking to my eye:

24173652_1520793844668644_2142545363679667948_o.jpg

24273531_1520794051335290_2040203788825016781_o.jpg

Meksen is pretty damn good, isn't she?
I haven't seen much of her at all but i'd definitely pick her in this one from what i've seen.

Wait, KvN and Tiffany are the favorites? I would bet on their opponents for sure. Although maybe the judges will favor Americans.

Wait, KvN and Tiffany are the favorites? I would bet on their opponents for sure. Although maybe the judges will favor Americans.
I love Tiffany TimeBomb, she has been a money train for me, but I went pretty big on Anissa Meksen here.

MMA fighter Julio Arce looked good in a kickboxing prelim fight, working his opponent over with head kicks and combos and his opponent retiring in the corner. Brutal head kick KO next in this ladies 135 pound bout now.

Back