Glory 9: New York - Official Discussion Thread - June 22 / 8 PM ET - LIVE

The worst of this event.
1. Referee doesn't count Spong when he went down.
2. Terrible gifted decisions when that Aussie lost.
3. And this stoppage, this is on the same level as Ghita vs Schilt.
It is not about "he never has a chance, he will lose anyway,
they are fighters, let them fights"

The most hideous thing I've ever witnessed. That referee should be hung.

First fight no count for Spong and now an instant stoppage? WHAT? Either Glory instructed Mufadel to make Spong's road easier or Mufadel is just as bad as he used to be. I think we need to have our own agenda as well, just as WE, the customers and the FANS of this beautiful sport, took down the wreck of a referee that Ubeda is, we should also fight for getting rid of Mufadel as well.

This is just unacceptable!

Well, at least Llungas future self is happy he didn't sustain more brain trauma. ;)

Glory refs seriously need to learn from Japanese refs or Thai refs.

anyone know what song that was at the end?

Worst stoppage I've ever seen. No exaggeration. Anyone got a stoppage that can compare to that one?

He can't even ref in his own childs fights, i'm sure he is never fair lmao

Stoppage was about 30 seconds premature.

BUT

Illungia(sp?) looked like garbage in his previous fight. It looked like he was in slow motion.

Sponge had a 30 second fight with the 1st guy, a light sparring match with the second guy, comes out and immediatly rocks Illungia...

There isnt any point of punishing the guy. Sponge had a full gas tank for the finals, he would have put a serious beating on illungia

Worst stoppage I've ever seen. No exaggeration. Anyone got a stoppage that can compare to that one?

I think you should say "worst EARLY stoppage", because the LATE stoppages are very different and I think they deserve to be differentiated

Absolutely shameful. I'm speechless. Guy works his ass off fighting through a tournament all night to get robbed by some fucking moron. I'm not saying he would of won, but the guy deserved a fight.

Stoppage was about 30 seconds premature.

BUT

Illungia(sp?) looked like garbage in his previous fight. It looked like he was in slow motion.

Sponge had a 30 second fight with the 1st guy, a light sparring match with the second guy, comes out and immediatly rocks Illungia...

There isnt any point of punishing the guy. Sponge had a full gas tank for the finals, he would have put a serious beating on illungia

Then why don't we just give Spong a belt, if there is no need for the final.
Bashing other fighters to make Spong look better or make excuses for this stoppage
does'nt do Spong any favor my friend.

A terrible stoppage is a terrible stoppage, these guys fight their asses off,
they are fighters let them fight, if you think Spong should win regardless
then just give him a LHW belt.

Guy works his ass off fighting through a tournament all night to get robbed by some fucking moron. I'm not saying he would of won, but the guy deserved a fight.

Thats it +1

Back