PBP GLORY 91 Paris: Semeleer vs Kwasi, Sat. April 27 at 2pm ET/11am PT/20:00 CET, PBP Thread

Who wins the Welterweight Championship-fight?

• Total voters
Main and comain were the only good fights on paper anyways
well, besides the fight that exposed ONE and WLF

Hopefully the last 2 fights will be bangers, it started well with Sacko KO but after that "nous sommes restés sur notre faim". Bad luck for Glory and the public there.

Its European Kickboxing bro, you can get away with a lot of stuff if you are a fan favorite.

yeah this is kinda crazy. they already had no consistency with the shoulder injuries and now this guy is just allowed to knee the fuck out Oumar without even any warnings or anything like it's legal. when i swear they said you can only throw 1 strike and must let go. or maybe if it's only catching kicks and i'm mixing up the old K-1 rules?

yeah this is kinda crazy. they already had no consistency with the shoulder injuries and now this guy is just allowed to knee the fuck out Oumar without even any warnings or anything like it's legal. when i swear they said you can only throw 1 strike and must let go. or maybe if it's only catching kicks and i'm mixing up the old K-1 rules?
Let me just keep it short, not the most disciplined or level headed people choose this profession and a lot have problems with self control. Goes for fighters and fans, Glory knows this probably and doesnt want uproars in the crowd if a fan favourite doesnt win or gets DQ or put in their place.

There was a full blown riot in a previous fight Badr vs Wrzosek 2, you basically saw the ring and the surroundings evacuated and chairs flying like it was prime ECW. It is not a lot of money in this and sadly not as professional as other sports.

Let me just keep it short, not the most disciplined or level headed people choose this profession and a lot have problems with self control. Goes for fighters and fans, Glory knows this probably and doesnt want uproars in the crowd if a fan favourite doesnt win or gets DQ or put in their place.

There was a full blown riot in a previous fight Badr vs Wrzosek 2, you basically saw the ring and the surroundings evacuated and chairs flying like it was prime ECW. It is not a lot of money in this and sadly not as professional as other sports.
I'd agree but the UFC and boxing let fighters get away with all kinds of bullshit. Ref let Haney clinch forever last weekend. Refs in the UFC let guys eye poke to their hearts content and fence grab.

which is crazy to me because having these kinds of blatant favoritism is exactly what is holding kickboxing back. you cannot cater to the lowest common denominator otherwise that's all you'll ever get. it also doesn't really make sense because it seemed the 2 guys who got their shoulders injured weren't favorites and they both got treated differently. it just seems like nobody really has any idea of what to do or they just make it up as they go along.

I'd agree but the UFC and boxing let fighters get away with all kinds of bullshit. Ref let Haney clinch forever last weekend. Refs in the UFC let guys eye poke to their hearts content and fence grab.

you're right about boxing, but the UFC is consistent with their not enforcing the rules. they allow everyone to eye poke and shit all the same so at least it's fair in that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bno
Back