Goes to show how great Aldo was in his prime

What a joke of a thread.

Max destroyed Aldo twice

Even though I dont personally think his passed Aldo we have to take into account quality over quantity.

So the quality of Ortega is more than all of Aldos opponents ? Aldo has more quality and quantity in his title defenses.

My point is I’ll take his opinion over yours any day.

Imo I also have days where think I can beat the shittt out of Yoel Romero but we know that ain’t true.

Holloway has more consecutive UFC wins at FW than Aldo, has beaten Aldo twice and defended his title twice and has won by TKO in every title fight he's been in
You don't have to agree, but to not even think there's an argument is just ignorance

Also LOL at assuming everyone who thinks Holloway > Aldo hates Brazilians, literally my 3 favourite fighters of all time are Brazilian including Aldo...

Aldo is one of the greatest of all time, but I really don't think he's as declined as some people say he is. I think his boxing has improved a lot technically and he's still very fast.

Yep he is 4-3 in his last 7.

Lost to max, max, and Conor

Beat, Stephens, Frankie, Mendes, Lamas

Aldo did better than Ortega and did incredibly well, in both fights, compared to what people paint as reality. He's a true elite talent, and while his best days are past him, he still has a few fun fights in him.

war Aldo
snaps_about-fight-night-calgary-on-ufc-archive_5j.gif

Its funny because i scored the first 2 rounds for aldo in both fights but i knew he wasn't winning.

Max was keeping up with him while outputting way less. He was trying to tire aldo out and take him over.

Aldo fought no ones.his best win was Chad.

I may be one of the biggest marks for Aldo in the world, but I need to point out:
  • MMA math is never your friend. Even when it wears a pretty dress and put on makeup.
  • the first two rounds in the Holloway losses have absolutely nothing to do with Aldo in his prime, Jose has lost a step due to the wars he's been in.
  • the first two rounds in both fights were likely part of Holloway's overall plan, given Jose's documented tendency to fade. See Floyd/McGregor for further illustration.
That being said, I'd still bet on Aldo in a rematch with McGregor, at any weight class, and I'd be thrilled to see him face Ortega. If Ortega is able to negotiate a steady diet of leg kicks and get the timing right to take Jose down, that fight would be incredibly interesting to me...but I don't think Ortega would be able to.
Nah Max already passed him.
One of the things people overlook in conversations like this is the legacy and length of someone's reign.
Max is an incredibly skilled fighter. At this point, I'd rank him p4p over Jose, despite the size advantage he's had over Aldo in both fights [and in most of the fights he's had].
But he hasn't ruled the weightclass for 5+ years.
He hasn't faced LW champs and contenders who've dropped down.

Max is tremendously skilled, but he had a wobble in his career over the last year. I'd like to see some consistency, and at least 3 more defenses before I'd consider him GOAT. He's got potential, but he's got work to do.
Aldo fought no ones.his best win was Chad.
not sure if you are trolling, but if you are, your game still needs work.
If you weren't trolling, and if you somehow have a driver's license, turn it in. You are clearly too stupid to operate heavy machinery.

Last edited:
Holloway whooped Aldo's ass twice. u mad, brah?

Goes to show you how overrated Aldo is, can’t even sustain a good fast pace for more than two rounds. That’s why any version Aldo loses to Holloway.

What a joke of a thread.

Max destroyed Aldo twice
That doesn't negate Aldo's greatness. Does the fact Ortega lasted longer than Aldo in both fights mean Ortega > Aldo now too?

Or could it be that styles make fights and Max is just Aldo's kryptonite?

Yes he was, but Max was also doing a good job staying out of the way. Aldo is too good to miss everything but Max did a fairly good job with his footwork and head movement to minimise damage.

In watching both fights, I said very early on that Jose was being roped in. Unfortunately he was throwing with everything and that was simply not sustainable
Yeah, there wasn’t a point in Aldo’s career where he could go a hard five like that. He gassed when dominating some fights. He’s always needed to take breaks.

Lmao

Aldo struggled with cardio his entire UFC career

Back