Social GoldenWolf's COVID Vaccine/Lockdown Protest megathread Vol. 2

Those shots really fucked your mind up didn't they? If you can't remember, that isn't my problem. I don't have to bring up anything, everyone already knows you celebrated it with your little forum pals, dipshit. This is what I'm talking about..."you will be able to bring up my posts huh?" Shut. The. Fuck. Up. I ain't doing shit.
the burden of proof is on you, you have said you monitor my posts so why isn't it a quick search to bring up me celebrating people dying? And until today what have we interracted about because I sure as fuck don't remember you whatsoever? You being menstruating about vaccines?

the burden of proof is on you, you have said you monitor my posts so why isn't it a quick search to bring up me celebrating people dying? And until today what have we interracted about because I sure as fuck don't remember you whatsoever? You being menstruating about vaccines?
I don't have any burdens online. Why don't you quote me saying I monitor your posts? It's not hard to remember my online interactions. Again, it's not my fault you have a bad memory, we've interacted. I have maybe 30 posts in the last year because I'm enjoying life. I'm not searching for validation online. How many do you have? How many times have you tried to disparage others online in the last year?

I don't have any burdens online. Why don't you quote me saying I monitor your posts? It's not hard to remember my online interactions. Again, it's not my fault you have a bad memory, we've interacted. I have maybe 30 posts in the last year because I'm enjoying life. I'm not searching for validation online. How many do you have? How many times have you tried to disparage others online in the last year?
We have established you are monitoring me and I'm stuck in your head because you've been whining about it for hours. I'm sorry that you haven't stood out enough for me to remember you. I'm also laughing that I'm such a stand out that you're nose diving about me in the last year :D

Wonder what the next year of my posts you'll be whining about?

You're a liar which is why you having had a menstrual fit about me wishing death on people is so in your head. Provide a single post.

At that age he was in zero danger from BS. Good thing cancer treatment stocks are off the charts. I should have bought pharma instead of AI.

Not to worry, allopathic medicine will fix him right up... by irradiating him and poisoning his entire body with chemicals that damage healthy cells and DNA, because that makes total sense. I'm sure those billions of dollars that got put into cancer research went to worthwhile pursuits, like creating new drugs that damage healthy cells and DNA in new fun and innovative ways.

From my liberal perspective, I’m not. But here’s how I feel about it all.

The problem is the ridiculous, unfounded, conspiracy-laden and extreme points of view that the right adopts. Example: the media. We all know the media isn’t perfect, can be sensationalist, lazy, click-baity, whatever. I was studying effects of media, subliminal messaging in media, reading friggin Marshall McLuhan or whatever, a zillion years ago. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve criticized the media, and still do.

But the Right takes this “liberal MSM” conspiracy nonsense to such ridiculous lengths, while simultaneously believing some of the shoddiest, poorly sourced, non-factual, conspiracy bs that I find myself defending the media more often than not. Believe me, it’s weird for me too lol.

The same is true for COVID. Big Pharma is farrrr from perfect, and certainly does unethical things. This is known. But there’s a lot of data on the vaccine’s efficacy, and this idea that it does nothing whatsoever for COVID while simultaneously killing all kinds of people is straight pseudoscience CT bullshit. That’s what we push back against.

It’s like the Fauci thing: righties act like we libs worship at the altar of Fauci, like he’s some god to us. It’s just not true
The COVID outbreak was a time of uncertainty and possible crisis, when we look to our “leaders.”
—Trump only has one method for dealing with crisis: he screams “hoax” and “fake news” at it, and that’s not particularly helpful.
—The rest of the Republican leadership was busy refusing to participate in any action, opposing common sense quarantine and mask measures, pushing bullshit like Ivermectin no matter how many studies came out showing it was worthless against COVID, pushing lab leak theories with no evidence—this the type of stuff we oppose. With Fauci, we were just happy to have someone who offered some reasonable guidance.

TLDR: Republicans take so many things to the realm of conspiracy and pseudoscience, that we push back against that and by default defend people and things that could be criticized in rational ways.
Theres alot to get here and I appreciate the response. I think what you are describing is only accurate in regards to good faith actors. I think the idea that Liberals reversed their ideas because of naturally opposing conspiracies and psuedo science doesnt accurately explain it. For the longest time Liberals supported amd engaged in both those things.

I think the problems with the media landscape and social media is a more likely culprit. For example you could see a shift in perspective as the baton changed hands from Trump to Biden. Which seems indicitive of how Liberals and the establishment media percieve Trump.

Like even with your explanation I dont see how the baseline trust for a company with a history that Pfizer has, has seemingly increased for the majority of the left.

Speaking of cancer, I've heard that they're working on "treating" cancer using CRISPR technology, the same tech that was used in the jabs. So we can expect the same materials will be present in the injections, mainly nanotech and gene editing tech. This may be why we're getting this rash of celebrities announcing their cancer diagnosis. If the storyline goes as expected, they'll get treated by CRISPR and miraculously survive, so they can get cancer patients to follow suit. It's the same "Monkey see, monkey do" strategy used during the pandemic, with politicians and celebrities pretending they're getting the jab but they're actually not; it's all about getting YOU to do it. Cancer patients are desperate so it's easier to get them to go along with it.

This is just a staggeringly terrible argument.
I see all sorts of different posters make it in various threads, which makes me suspect it’s some dumbass right wing talking point that’s been spoonfed to you.

First, I have to confess, as I have been burdened by the weight of my sins:

I am overdue on my tetanus shot. I also didn’t get a flu shot in 2022. I will say 100 “Our Faucis” and 100 “Hail Pfizers” as penance <lol>

If you infer from that, that I don’t believe the tetanus shot is effective, and don’t believe the science behind it, that would be an illogical and very wrong inference.

Re: COVID vax— I got vaxxed and boosted as soon as they were available to me. I also followed up with *some* boosters. So why not allllll the boosters?

Well, some of it has to do with the things that developed during and because of COVID: I work at home a lot of the time, whereas I never did pre-COVID. Likewise, when I’m in the office, it’s been rearranged from what it was pre-COVID, and I’m not really near anyone anymore. Bevause of so many people working from home, the office is only maybe 1/4 the capacity that it was pre-COVID. My gf and I still do grocery pickups, where we order our groceries online and just have them brought out to our car—not because I’m ScUrrEd oF CoViD, but because it’s convenient. I live in a small Midwest town of like 2000 people, but near some larger cities—but I don’t have to work or shop in those cities near as much as before. When I travel, I mask up. Due to those things, and how prevalent (or not) COVID is in my particular area at a given time, I may make a variety of decisions as to my healthcare choices and vax status.

—It is worth noting, coincidence or not, that the time period when I did let my vax status lapse is the one time I actually got COVID.

In October, healthcare peeps came to my workplace to administer flu and COVID vaxxes. Since I planned to travel to the Phoenix metro area that December (which is obviously much more populous than where I am now) and I planned to visit family, one of whom was somewhat immunocompromised at the time, I made a point to go into the office that day, and got both shots.

This “argument”—and I use that term very loosely because how flimsy and stupid it is—that someone who doesn’t get every single vax must not trust the science, is ridiculous. The argument that I saw you make in another post that someone who doesn’t get every single one is actually anti-vax, is laughably bad. I am continually amazed by what passes for a logical argument in right-wing circles. Just terrible and illogical stuff.

Instead of obscuring amongst a massive wall of text painted with jaunty labels "right wing", please be concise.

How many exactly?
Approx time frame of shots?

Also what country do you live?

If I was to apply your logic(lol) why are you getting the tetanus shot,? Afterall you work from hom most of the time and I imagine the rusty nails projecting from the floor are worn down a nub by now. Your grocery ordering online will no doubt add layers of protection against tetanus and the importance of having only 2000 people in your town cannot be overstated as your shopping will not be on a dirt floor and you probably own shoes.

Due to the weight the extremely and obviously relevant information(stories) bring I had better add my own.
I live in a city with approx 2 million people. I have never been covid vaxxed and had only had "it" once, while the test said it was covid that means nothing at all because I saw a goat, rockmelon and some water all test positive alongside a short tutorial of UK school kids explaining how to game the system and get covid with some lemon water....
The worst pandemic the world has every seen and a man my age in the shape I'm in didn't just survive but was 100% after a few days (certainly adds to my scepticism about this scamdemic.)

Strange Andy isn't all "anecdotes don't count" like he was for years, I do understand his cognitive abilities have fallen of a cliff in comparison to before the gene therapy though so he is no doubt tied up with the dilemma/confusion/gaps in his mind.

"DNA found integrated in cancer cell line
Implications for people injected with the modified mRNA products, specifically with regard to cancer"
"Layperson’s summary

DNA integration associated with the modified mRNA shots is an issue. It is an issue because cancer. Let’s break it down like a nuclear membrane during mitosis. When cells divide, their nuclear membrane has to break down and be re-formed as part of DNA copying and distribution to daughter cells.1 Any foreign DNA that might have found its way into the cell could get packaged into the nucleus when the nuclear membranes reform. It could also get into the nucleus via transport by nuclear location sequences like SV40."
"According to Kevin’s preliminary findings, not only did the DNA get into the genomes of the OVCAR3 cells, but the transfected cells appear to be involved in mutating specific bits of the injection DNA itself, which could only mean that it is being replicated. These mutations were found in origins of replication (ORIs) - including the SV40 ORI, and were only found in the injection material/OVCAR3 cell context, and not in the injection material alone context."
(Lets be honest, with Kevin's experience and the number of other experts replicating his findings the hypothesis has almost become a fact. Time will tell but when you have a sudden avalanche of independent labs confirming this hypothesis....)

PS- thats why zero have attempted to TRY to explain their non vax status. You tried to distort and obscure amongst a wall of rubbish and logical fallacies but there is no reasonable, non manipulative or made up explanation for these key questions.
I look forward to you answers to my initial questions, thank you.

I fully agree with your first paragraph but a lot of left wingers don't. Most people labeled anti vaxxers are people who didn't want the covid vaccine. They aren't in the same group as people who say the measles vaccine causes autism. But we both know that the people who didn't trust the covid vaccine were and still are labeled anti vaxxers.

Show me where I said that the polio vaccine is not as important as the TV remote. I will be shocked if you can find me saying something like that. That's either an outright lie or I was making a sarcastic joke. Now I absolutely have said that you can find a study that says damn near anything when it comes to covid because you certainly can. You can find studies that prove masks work, don't work, that the vaccine stops the spread, doesn't stop the spread, that Ivermectin works or doesnt work etc etc.

Nearly every anti covid vax person in this thread is not an anti vaxxer. All I needed was the fact that they only spent a few months testing this vaccine before I said I didn't want to take it. I wound up taking it due to pressure from my wife because we were getting married at the time and she was already stressed out and me not being vaxxed and having to jump through tons of hoops to honeymoon travel and a handful of other things. To stop her from stressing, I gave in and got the shot. I regret giving in to that pressure to this day. I don't want this shit in my body and I never needed it in the first place.

You are using your own justifications for why you should or shouldn't follow the CDCs recommendations. I am perfectly fine with you exercising that right but you definitely seem to look down your nose at other people's justifications to exercise their own rights. You would have been labeled a grandma killer during the height of covid for exercising your rights.

I don't read into every CT when it comes to covid but what I do believe is that we never would have had to deal with the virus if not for Fauci and this gain of function bullshit. The vast vast majority of the population was never in any danger from the virus. The lockdowns and mandates by politicians were draconian in nature and the continued support of their failed mission by the public is worrisome. I file the rest of the CT stuff either under weird, not probable or makes a hell of a lot of sense but I'll never know if we have proof of it or not.
Regarding the polio vaccine comment you made, maybe it was meant as a joke, I dunno. I took a stab at finding the post, and I did find it. It was a Mayberry thread with a poll about the 3 most significant 20th century inventions.
I don't think polio wasn't as common as you'd think before the vaccine.

Important but not quite as important as the tv remote control.
—It doesn’t really read like a joke to me and while looking at that thread, I noticed you did not vote for the polio vaccine as one of your 3 but did vote for the TV remote, so there’s that, I guess.

There is absolutely a difference between a person who believes in the basic safety and efficacy of these vaccines choosing to get *some* boosters and mot others, and basing that decision on actual probabilities of contracting or spreading the virus based on their current living, working, and travel situations; and a person who won take the vaccine because they think it’s a bioweapon, or part of some bullshit microchip tracking CT, or has no effect whatsoever on the spread or severity of COVID despite mountains of data showing that it does….

I think to equate those two groups as being the same because they both have “reasons,” is quite dishonest, and a very bad and flimsy argument to try and make.

So it’s not the mere act of choosing not to get a particular vaccine that I look down on, and I also think it’s wildly inaccurate to try and portray most of the right wing posters ITT as reasonable people who evaluated data honestly and then made a particular health care choice.
—This thread is an absolute cesspool of CT bullshit. The bioweapon silliness, blaming it for Kate Middleton’s cancer, and the posting of all manner of trash sources (the Daily Mail FFS??) spewing nonsense.

I sincerely do sympathize with the hoops you had to jump through for your wedding. But it was a pandemic, we all had hoops to jump through. I spent almost all of 2022 caring for my terminally ill father. He had cancer and had chosen to undergo chemo in the hopes that it would help him live long enough to see my niece (his granddaughter) get married. I dunno if chemo helped, but it’s what he wanted to do…. and I can’t tell you how many times unmasked assholes were all up in my personal space as I ran errands, did grocery shopping, or what have you. Sometimes they just seemed oblivious, but sometimes it clearly seemed to be intentional, out of spite.

I am sure for those douchebags, getting COVID might not have been a huge deal—but they didn’t know me, or my medical scene, or my family’s medical scene, and they didn’t care. God forbid they suffer the minor inconvenience of having to wear a mask and keep their distance in shared public spaces during a pandemic. And it’s that, which I look down on:
people who spew bullshit conspiracy theories that hindered our ability to deal with the pandemic and it’s aftermath, and people who have such a blatant disregard for other people in their communities that they value their own desire to not suffer a minor inconvenience over other people’s health and safety.

Every. Single. Thing we went through in that pandemic was made longer and more difficult by selfish, tribalist conservatives who only care about themselves and their in-groups, and don’t give a shit about anyone else.

Theres alot to get here and I appreciate the response. I think what you are describing is only accurate in regards to good faith actors. I think the idea that Liberals reversed their ideas because of naturally opposing conspiracies and psuedo science doesnt accurately explain it. For the longest time Liberals supported amd engaged in both those things.

I think the problems with the media landscape and social media is a more likely culprit. For example you could see a shift in perspective as the baton changed hands from Trump to Biden. Which seems indicitive of how Liberals and the establishment media percieve Trump.

Like even with your explanation I dont see how the baseline trust for a company with a history that Pfizer has, has seemingly increased for the majority of the left.
If my explanation didn’t cover exactly what you had in mind, could you be more specific? What “reversal” of the liberal perspective are you referring to?
My post wasn’t meant to explain a “reversal” in liberal perspectives, I really don’t think there was a reversal.

There’s always been a contingent of anti-vaxxers amongst the far left, super hippie dippie tree hugger types, but they are fringe, and I don’t think that’s changed. In fact, it seems to me that far more right wingers adopted anti-vax views during COVID, and surveys back that up. And it isn’t strictly related to their views on the COVID vax either (although that is where the largest disparity is), but vaccines in general.

I don’t have (and have never had) any social media accounts, so I can’t really speak to that. Would you mind elaborating on what you mean when you say, “you could see a shift in perspective as the baton changed hands from Trump to Biden”? What shift in perspective? For years, stats show that both conservatives and liberals have been largely supportive of vaccines, but that certainly doesn’t seem to be the case now.

Remember when a certain Potato said he's "Losing his Patience" with the American public for not taking the "Vaccine" that all the experts claimed it stopped the spread of The Sweet and Sour Sniffles....when it actually didn't at all...
And the "Masks" never did shit at all but clowns will say if you didn't wear a "Mask" you didn't care about me.... That's like saying you need to wear your helmet when I'm going on a motorcycle ride or you have to take an Aspirin because I have a head ache.. They got duped and don't have the humility to admit it and many of those clowns are posting on this thread.

Every. Single. Thing we went through in that pandemic was made longer and more difficult by selfish, tribalist conservatives who only care about themselves and their in-groups, and don’t give a shit about anyone else.
Laughing...No they didn't in fact it was actually the opposite but you'll never admit it.

Regarding the polio vaccine comment you made, maybe it was meant as a joke, I dunno. I took a stab at finding the post, and I did find it. It was a Mayberry thread with a poll about the 3 most significant 20th century inventions.

—It doesn’t really read like a joke to me and while looking at that thread, I noticed you did not vote for the polio vaccine as one of your 3 but did vote for the TV remote, so there’s that, I guess.

There is absolutely a difference between a person who believes in the basic safety and efficacy of these vaccines choosing to get *some* boosters and mot others, and basing that decision on actual probabilities of contracting or spreading the virus based on their current living, working, and travel situations; and a person who won take the vaccine because they think it’s a bioweapon, or part of some bullshit microchip tracking CT, or has no effect whatsoever on the spread or severity of COVID despite mountains of data showing that it does….

I think to equate those two groups as being the same because they both have “reasons,” is quite dishonest, and a very bad and flimsy argument to try and make.

So it’s not the mere act of choosing not to get a particular vaccine that I look down on, and I also think it’s wildly inaccurate to try and portray most of the right wing posters ITT as reasonable people who evaluated data honestly and then made a particular health care choice.
—This thread is an absolute cesspool of CT bullshit. The bioweapon silliness, blaming it for Kate Middleton’s cancer, and the posting of all manner of trash sources (the Daily Mail FFS??) spewing nonsense.

I sincerely do sympathize with the hoops you had to jump through for your wedding. But it was a pandemic, we all had hoops to jump through. I spent almost all of 2022 caring for my terminally ill father. He had cancer and had chosen to undergo chemo in the hopes that it would help him live long enough to see my niece (his granddaughter) get married. I dunno if chemo helped, but it’s what he wanted to do…. and I can’t tell you how many times unmasked assholes were all up in my personal space as I ran errands, did grocery shopping, or what have you. Sometimes they just seemed oblivious, but sometimes it clearly seemed to be intentional, out of spite.

I am sure for those douchebags, getting COVID might not have been a huge deal—but they didn’t know me, or my medical scene, or my family’s medical scene, and they didn’t care. God forbid they suffer the minor inconvenience of having to wear a mask and keep their distance in shared public spaces during a pandemic. And it’s that, which I look down on:
people who spew bullshit conspiracy theories that hindered our ability to deal with the pandemic and it’s aftermath, and people who have such a blatant disregard for other people in their communities that they value their own desire to not suffer a minor inconvenience over other people’s health and safety.

If my explanation didn’t cover exactly what you had in mind, could you be more specific? What “reversal” of the liberal perspective are you referring to?
My post wasn’t meant to explain a “reversal” in liberal perspectives, I really don’t think there was a reversal.

There’s always been a contingent of anti-vaxxers amongst the far left, super hippie dippie tree hugger types, but they are fringe, and I don’t think that’s changed. In fact, it seems to me that far more right wingers adopted anti-vax views during COVID, and surveys back that up. And it isn’t strictly related to their views on the COVID vax either (although that is where the largest disparity is), but vaccines in general.

I don’t have (and have never had) any social media accounts, so I can’t really speak to that. Would you mind elaborating on what you mean when you say, “you could see a shift in perspective as the baton changed hands from Trump to Biden”? What shift in perspective? For years, stats show that both conservatives and liberals have been largely supportive of vaccines, but that certainly doesn’t seem to be the case now.

I have no memory of that TV remote thing but that was definitely a joke. The part about polio not being as common as people think before the vaccine is true but the TV remote thing was just me shitposting in the berry apparently. I might be an ass but I'm not a total dumbass. Of course the polio vaccine is more important.

Most people just didn't want to take the covid vaccine because they knew that it wasn't killing normal healthy people and they knew that vaccine trials normally take years before they are approved to go to market and the covid vaccine only took what, 6 months? 6 months while being a completely new mRNA vaccine? You can't blame anyone for not trusting that.

Yeah there's a lot of CT stuff out there and I ignore most of it but that's not why the core of the "non vaxxers" are against the shot. There's obviously enough information out there that shows that the covid vaccine is much more dangerous than our normal approved vaccines so why take the risk of an adverse effect when the virus itself is of no danger to you?

If you cared so much about other people's masking habits, you had the option to wear a sealed N95 the entire time so there was no reason to worry about what other people were doing. I mean not only did Fauci admit that masks weren't effective, but the studies that showed they were effective were done by cold calling people and asking them about their mask wearing habits and whether they caught covid or not. Those studies were a farce.

Saying the pandemic went on longer than necessary because of selfish conservatives is ridiculous. It went on longer than necessary because of our scam artist politicians. The average working class citizen was in no danger of dying from covid. There was no reason to shut down the supply chains, no reason to keep people out of work for weeks at a time, no reason to close down businesses and schools and no reason to pump trillions of dollars of stimulus money into the economy. If they would have protected the vulnerable, the entire thing would have been a non issue and we would have carried on like normal with minimal disruptions.

Why/where did you tag me ?

More importantly I asked (kindly) for some critical information.

Exactly how many shots?
And approximate time frame (both year and within the year.

Laughing...No they didn't in fact it was actually the opposite but you'll never admit it.
Dude, you yourself exemplify exactly the selfishness I’m talking about:

I personally got it once and only missed one day at the gym but then again I never stopped socializing, never stopped working, and never once wore a mask.
While I’m sincerely happy you had a very mild COVID experience, you admit yourself that you didn’t give one flying fuck about the people around you, and socialized with all sorts of people in all sorts of environments while contagious. You didn’t know everyone else’s medical history, life situation, economic situation, or health situation. Unless you took other precautions to respect the people around you—which, based on what you said here
I never participated in any of the nonsense and my life never changed a bit
—doesn’t seem to be the case. All cared about was yourself and your own minor inconveniences, with a complete disregard for other people, and that is what you’re being judged for, not merely your vax status. AFAIC, if you chose to engage in those behaviors, you don’t get to complain about how long it took to get out of the pandemic. People acting just like you is why it took so long.

I have no memory of that TV remote thing but that was definitely a joke. The part about polio not being as common as people think before the vaccine is true but the TV remote thing was just me shitposting in the berry apparently. I might be an ass but I'm not a total dumbass. Of course the polio vaccine is more important.

Most people just didn't want to take the covid vaccine because they knew that it wasn't killing normal healthy people and they knew that vaccine trials normally take years before they are approved to go to market and the covid vaccine only took what, 6 months? 6 months while being a completely new mRNA vaccine? You can't blame anyone for not trusting that.

Yeah there's a lot of CT stuff out there and I ignore most of it but that's not why the core of the "non vaxxers" are against the shot. There's obviously enough information out there that shows that the covid vaccine is much more dangerous than our normal approved vaccines so why take the risk of an adverse effect when the virus itself is of no danger to you?

If you cared so much about other people's masking habits, you had the option to wear a sealed N95 the entire time so there was no reason to worry about what other people were doing. I mean not only did Fauci admit that masks weren't effective, but the studies that showed they were effective were done by cold calling people and asking them about their mask wearing habits and whether they caught covid or not. Those studies were a farce.

Saying the pandemic went on longer than necessary because of selfish conservatives is ridiculous. It went on longer than necessary because of our scam artist politicians. The average working class citizen was in no danger of dying from covid. There was no reason to shut down the supply chains, no reason to keep people out of work for weeks at a time, no reason to close down businesses and schools and no reason to pump trillions of dollars of stimulus money into the economy. If they would have protected the vulnerable, the entire thing would have been a non issue and we would have carried on like normal with minimal disruptions.
I think there’s some major revisionist history going on here.

First of all, N95s were not available “the entire time.” As noted here, for the first year and a half or so of the pandemic, the focus was on getting N95s to frontline healthcare workers. 3M along with 6 other leading manufacturers of N95s collaborated to do just that. Average citizens didn’t have a lot of access to them and were asked not to use them, so that healthcare workers could. The market was flooded with counterfeit N95s, and price gouging of legitimate ones. By early 2022, the govt had successfully expanded the stockpile of N95s and they began to be available to average citizens. I did use them once able, but that wasn’t until the last half of 2022.

I think there’s a lot of things wrong with the “COVID doesn’t kill average people” mindset. Firstly, even when it isn’t killing people, COVID still stressed healthcare workers and the healthcare system, and that’s reason enough to take action. Secondly, no matter what demographic is most represented, it’s still an unnecessarily large number of fatalities. We had 350,000 COVID deaths in 2020. That’s the population of a good-sized city. We actually ended up exceeding that in 2021 because even though the vax was available, the US had a piss-poor 56% vaccination rate. Compare those numbers with the worst year for the flu we’ve had recently, in 2018, when only 52,000 died. Flu deaths some years are as low as 12,000. There was a huge difference.

It beyond crazy to make an argument like: “Well, if you’re worried about COVID, how about you wear a mask, and you get the vaccine, and stay out of other people’s business!”— The “mind your own business” argument is one I might make if we are discussing, you know, gay marriage, or abortion, or something where that actually makes some sense. But we are talking about a pandemic—of course we have to not only worry about what we’re doing but also the people around us, because that’s literally how pandemics work: they are communicable illnesses that rip through populations of people, to a greater or lesser degree depending on the actions of the people.

Vaccines are only as effective as a community needs them to be when enough community members are vaxxed. This article contains a short animation which shows how a virus moves through a community when the community has a vax rate of 0%, 25%, 50%, 75%, 90%, and 95% respectively. This fact, and the fact that the most vulnerable people often can’t get the vax because of their age/medical conditions/immunocromised status, is why getting vaccinated is so important.

Dude, you yourself exemplify exactly the selfishness I’m talking about:

While I’m sincerely happy you had a very mild COVID experience, you admit yourself that you didn’t give one flying fuck about the people around you, and socialized with all sorts of people in all sorts of environments while contagious. You didn’t know everyone else’s medical history, life situation, economic situation, or health situation. Unless you took other precautions to respect the people around you—which, based on what you said here

—doesn’t seem to be the case. All cared about was yourself and your own minor inconveniences, with a complete disregard for other people, and that is what you’re being judged for, not merely your vax status. AFAIC, if you chose to engage in those behaviors, you don’t get to complain about how long it took to get out of the pandemic. People acting just like you is why it took so long.

I think there’s some major revisionist history going on here.

First of all, N95s were not available “the entire time.” As noted here, for the first year and a half or so of the pandemic, the focus was on getting N95s to frontline healthcare workers. 3M along with 6 other leading manufacturers of N95s collaborated to do just that. Average citizens didn’t have a lot of access to them and were asked not to use them, so that healthcare workers could. The market was flooded with counterfeit N95s, and price gouging of legitimate ones. By early 2022, the govt had successfully expanded the stockpile of N95s and they began to be available to average citizens. I did use them once able, but that wasn’t until the last half of 2022.

I think there’s a lot of things wrong with the “COVID doesn’t kill average people” mindset. Firstly, even when it isn’t killing people, COVID still stressed healthcare workers and the healthcare system, and that’s reason enough to take action. Secondly, no matter what demographic is most represented, it’s still an unnecessarily large number of fatalities. We had 350,000 COVID deaths in 2020. That’s the population of a good-sized city. We actually ended up exceeding that in 2021 because even though the vax was available, the US had a piss-poor 56% vaccination rate. Compare those numbers with the worst year for the flu we’ve had recently, in 2018, when only 52,000 died. Flu deaths some years are as low as 12,000. There was a huge difference.

It beyond crazy to make an argument like: “Well, if you’re worried about COVID, how about you wear a mask, and you get the vaccine, and stay out of other people’s business!”— The “mind your own business” argument is one I might make if we are discussing, you know, gay marriage, or abortion, or something where that actually makes some sense. But we are talking about a pandemic—of course we have to not only worry about what we’re doing but also the people around us, because that’s literally how pandemics work: they are communicable illnesses that rip through populations of people, to a greater or lesser degree depending on the actions of the people.

Vaccines are only as effective as a community needs them to be when enough community members are vaxxed. This article contains a short animation which shows how a virus moves through a community when the community has a vax rate of 0%, 25%, 50%, 75%, 90%, and 95% respectively. This fact, and the fact that the most vulnerable people often can’t get the vax because of their age/medical conditions/immunocromised status, is why getting vaccinated is so important.

The pandemic was a storyline, a psychological operation. You're making the mistake of engaging with the enemy's narrative as though it's real. Your presuppositions about the nature of the pandemic are wrong. Covid isn't what you think it is. The shots aren't what you think they are. Of course, if at this point you still don't realize it, it's probably curtains for you. You'll be lining up for more shots and more CRISPR nonsense at the next storyline, not having learned a damn thing.

The pandemic was a storyline, a psychological operation. You're making the mistake of engaging with the enemy's narrative as though it's real. Your presuppositions about the nature of the pandemic are wrong. Covid isn't what you think it is. The shots aren't what you think they are. Of course, if at this point you still don't realize it, it's probably curtains for you. You'll be lining up for more shots and more CRISPR nonsense at the next storyline, not having learned a damn thing.
You are so close to the truth—and yet, still so far away.
You see, the entire idea that COVID is a psy-op is in fact a different psy-op.
I think it’s time you understood that I am not really BFoe, and in fact, I am not from this planet nor am I from your current time.
—Far in the future, low-IQ right-wing dumies have boomed in population, much as your prophecy called “Idiocracy” hath foretold. Using space vehicles left behind by the intelligent liberals, these right wing hillbillies threatened to export their Stupid into the far reaches of space.
And of course, my civilization could not let that happen.

So we traveled back through time, to 2020. We pumped Earth’s atmosphere full of a tasteless, odorless gas, one which modifies the genetic code of humans and renders them unable to reproduce once breathed in for a sufficient period of time. To achieve the desired selection of earth humans, we introduced a virus narrative. The story was that the health of millions of strangers were at risk, and all that had to be done to help was wear a stupid cloth mask. You see, we had already modified some of the key polymers in the cloth; our Generic Modification Gas was rendered ineffective when it passed through these polymer filters.

—We knew that anyone willing to make a small sacrifice to help strangers would be the ones we wanted to reproduce into the future. Those too selfish and arrogant to do so, would die out. The “vaccine” had nothing to do with it, it was just a placebo.
giphy.gif

You are so close to the truth—and yet, still so far away.
You see, the entire idea that COVID is a psy-op is in fact a different psy-op.
I think it’s time you understood that I am not really BFoe, and in fact, I am not from this planet nor am I from your current time.
—Far in the future, low-IQ right-wing dumies have boomed in population, much as your prophecy called “Idiocracy” hath foretold. Using space vehicles left behind by the intelligent liberals, these right wing hillbillies threatened to export their Stupid into the far reaches of space.
And of course, my civilization could not let that happen.

So we traveled back through time, to 2020. We pumped Earth’s atmosphere full of a tasteless, odorless gas, one which modifies the genetic code of humans and renders them unable to reproduce once breathed in for a sufficient period of time. To achieve the desired selection of earth humans, we introduced a virus narrative. The story was that the health of millions of strangers were at risk, and all that had to be done to help was wear a stupid cloth mask. You see, we had already modified some of the key polymers in the cloth; our Generic Modification Gas was rendered ineffective when it passed through these polymer filters.

—We knew that anyone willing to make a small sacrifice to help strangers would be the ones we wanted to reproduce into the future. Those too selfish and arrogant to do so, would die out. The “vaccine” had nothing to do with it, it was just a placebo.
giphy.gif
No wonder you all shit yourself because of a cold..
I actually feel.bad for you.

you don’t get to complain about how long it took to get out of the pandemic. People acting just like you is why it took so long.
That's some rich projection there my brother, my state was predicted to fall apart into a hellish landscape back in May 2020 when we opened back up. Maybe 6 weeks of total lockdown time spent down here in Florida. Didn't take long at all, in fact in hindsight, I would say many other places around the country could've, would've, should've benefitted by following in our path.

From my perspective, it was folks like you that prolonged the madness.

The virtuous whose shit didn't stink, servile and obedient to their gov't masters, undying trust for an historically and notoriously corrupt corporate entity to be our saviors. Everyday common folks, refusing to mind their business, policing their neighbors and their families, their children (a bunch of arrogant c--ts) All the while, predictably, the wealthy owner/donors and "elite" polticians, they got a pass from their virtuous useful idiots and they proved time and time again, that they did not play by the same rules they had prescribed for us plebs, at least not when they thought the cameras were off.

We opened up, we were fine, we didnt pass judgement upon each other nor did we spend much time focused on negativity, particularly what other states were doing. We had a successful vaccine campaign that did not focus on mandates, rather, respect for each others choices and privacy, common sense prevailed. We all desperately needed hope and unity and so we came together as a community, as a state and we watched as some of you spent almost 2 years trying to catch up. I think you are still way behind, my brother. No hard feelings as always, only respect and continued hope on my part that we can bridge the gaps at some point

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back