Social GoldenWolf's COVID Vaccine/Lockdown Protest megathread

Is this reasonable? or a slippery slope?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My mom is a nurse and she just received an email from the United Nurses Association that she is supposed to report any nurse she knows is anti-vaccine. The doctors are supposed to do the same thing. Orwellian.

Last edited:
I don't need complete trust in those things to know we're in a real pandemic that is seriously and that the vaccines work. I follow the scientists who devote their life to this stuff and you think they're useless and disregard their expertise because someone has pointed out to you that the system isn't perfect at times.

To you it's all just 'bullshit" despite all the evidence that says it isn't, so looks like we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. It's not bullshit. It's not some commie power grab. It's a crazy complex ultra rare event that many people are unable to process, like 9/11, so their basic Rogan-like minds look for simple tribalistic black and white ways to comprehend it that also reinforce their preconceived biases. Someday you'll realize how wrong and paranoid you must have been to buy into the conspiracy theories just like Joe came to the realization with the moon landing.

Fact Check! You aren't following the scientists. You are following the media and what it tells you to think.

Last edited:
My mom is a nurse and she just received an email from the United Nurses Association that she is supposed to report any nurse she knows is anti-vaccine. The doctors are supposed to do the same thing. Orwellian.
thats fucked

Fact Check! You aren't following the scientists. You are following the media and what it tells you to think.

This is a prime example of that very basic tribalistic reaction I was talking about. You don't even know me yet are convinced the only way I could disagree is if I were to be some blind follower of "the media".

Isn't it possible that I read studies and research papers and also the feedback to them positive or negative? And from that I can form an idea of what the general consensus is? That what I watch on TV is irrelevant? What if some well respected scientists appear in the media and makes statement related to their expertise? You'll just toss it aside because "media bad" I guess. Learn to put aside your preconceived bias and notions and it will open you up to other possibilities and new ideas.

This is a prime example of that very basic tribalistic reaction I was talking about. You don't even know me yet are convinced the only way I could disagree is if I were to be some blind follower of "the media".

Isn't it possible that I read studies and research papers and also the feedback to them positive or negative? And from that I can form an idea of what the general consensus is? That what I watch on TV is irrelevant? What if some well respected scientists appear in the media and makes statement related to their expertise? You'll just toss it aside because "media bad" I guess. Learn to put aside your preconceived bias and notions and it will open you up to other possibilities and new ideas.

There have been plenty of respected scientists and doctors saying covid, an illness most people have an over 99 percent chance of not dying from, is being overblown in the media and the lockdowns, masks and vaccine mandates are not necessary. Those scientists are being censored.

There have been plenty of respected scientists and doctors saying covid, an illness most people have an over 99 percent chance of not dying from, is being overblown in the media and the lockdowns, masks and vaccine mandates are not necessary. Those scientists are being censored.

Not really. The overwhelming consensus is the exact opposite, backed up with immensely higher quality data in higher quantities than anything the fringe can produce. If you have some examples you'd like to show me I'm open to them though. The point you make about 99% survivability is irrelevant. The hospitality rate is much higher, but even at 1% this has potential to stack bodies and crush the health care systems due to how transmissible it is.

Anyone who knowingly spreads refutable misinformation deserves to be censored imo. A private company like youtube is under no obligation to play part in misleading people to the point they hurt themselves or other people.

The point you make about 99% survivability is irrelevant. The hospitality rate is much higher, but even at 1% this has potential to stack bodies and crush the health care systems due to how transmissible it is.

Someone posted awhile back a chart comparing perceptions of covid hospitalization rates by political alignment, and I think the actual statistic was that hospitalizations ranged from 1-5% with Independents being the most accurate at estimating(?). Someone clear this up.

We should know if health care professionals are spreading dangerous misinformation and threatening public safety. A nurse undermining the single most effective tool we have to weather the virus shouldn't be a nurse.

The media controls China too? Holy fuck thry are more powerful than I thought

There's one motherfucker where I work who refuses to get vaccinated and has to be reminded constantly to wear a mask.

Surprise, surprise he lives on conservative media.

We are about to fire everyone not vaxxed.. My company is ~180,000 employees, so I think there is gonna be a couple thousand let go. I know 2 personally that are on my small team of 12 people.

We are about to fire everyone not vaxxed.. My company is ~180,000 employees, so I think there is gonna be a couple thousand let go. I know 2 personally that are on my small team of 12 people.

I almost understand the attitude here in Montreal where numbers are so low, we're averaging twenty deaths a day across the entire country. Thing is, it would be nice to keep it that way.

I don't understand the attitude in America, where they're still seeing 2500 deaths a day 18 months into the pandemic. That's beyond comprehension.

There's one motherfucker where I work who refuses to get vaccinated and has to be reminded constantly to wear a mask.

Surprise, surprise he lives on conservative media.
You have a problem with the unvaxed?

there are many many booster shots coming.

I almost understand the attitude here in Montreal where numbers are so low, we're averaging twenty deaths a day across the entire country. Thing is, it would be nice to keep it that way.

I don't understand the attitude in America, where they're still seeing 2500 deaths a day 18 months into the pandemic. That's beyond comprehension.
I thought the goal was herd immunity not aiming for a unrealistic goal of 98% vaccination rate.

That's beyond comprehension
Nor is trusting a company like Pfizer.

You have a problem with the unvaxed?

there are many many booster shots coming.

No, not really. Not here, where there aren't many of them and it isn't radically threatening the safety of the community. Where they're only hurting themselves.

It would be different if I was an American and they were keeping this thing alive and so much worse than it needed to be. My country is averaging 20 deaths a day, America is averaging 2500.

I think this guy specifically is a moron. He's a guy who let his teeth get so bad they literally rotted out of his mouth, all of them. He believes every single piece of conservative outrage media he hears, even after I walk him through the actual facts and how they've been misrepresented.

I thought the goal was herd immunity not aiming for a unrealistic goal of 98% vaccination rate.

Nor is trusting a company like Pfizer.

No one even knows if herd immunity is possible, it all depends on how long personal immunity lasts.

Pure stupidity. American education has gone down the toilet over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jahmaltheknight
Back