Good video and argument against Affirmative Action

History of racism ... if this is your justification for affirmative action, when does it begin and end?

If a black African migrated to the USA in the 1980s and had children, are those children now entitled to Affirmative Action because they have black skin color? Despite not being of direct lineage of historical oppression? Will there be a day in the future where white people no longer owe a "moral debt" to black people?

Why do we pretend that we are equal, when apparently, I owe you because I have white skin and you have black skin?

Let's apply this principle to the whole world.

Are Irish people in the UK also entitled to Affirmative action due to historical injustices?
When white people stop making everything about skin color and dividing people up by it, maybe we can talk.

first of all, having a "higher test score" in that context doesn't mean being better qualified. so, no, they're not being discriminated against because of their skin color....they're being discriminated against because they're not the best fit for the job...has nothing to do with race and everything to do with the needs of the community.
So how do they define who is best for the job? Also, what job are we talking about with regards to university acceptance?

When white people stop making everything about skin color and dividing people up by it, maybe we can talk.

When black people stop making everything about skin color and dividing people up by it, maybe we can talk.

When black people stop making everything about skin color and dividing people up by it, maybe we can talk.
Yes, all those black people that make the rules and drive all the narratives.

Yes, all those Asian people that make the rules and drive all the narratives.

Nonsense, I'm against it because it is not fair, period.

It assumes, wrongly I might add, that all black people are oppressed and all white people are privileged. Just because of their skin color.

It doesn't help black people. Affirmative action is state-sanctioned racism.
It also sends the message that minorities need help to accomplish what other people do.

So how do they define who is best for the job? Also, what job are we talking about with regards to university acceptance?
for example, when i applied for the sheriffs dept there were people who passed the written test and failed the physical agility portion...then there will be others who fail the background check...do you understand now?

with regard to university acceptance, i already talked about this...extracurricular activities often trump (for lack of a better word) pure test scores.

Thats not really what he said is it? I think he was talking about the tribalist, racially separatist way that a lot of blacks seem to see themselves as.

It also sends the message that minorities need help to accomplish what other people do.
well, minorities (blacks in this case) had a LOTTA help getting into our current situation...so, it would follow we need help from the government in terms of ensuring equal access in order to get out of it.

for example, when i applied for the sheriffs dept there were people who passed the written test and failed the physical agility portion...then there will be others who fail the background check...do you understand now?

with regard to university acceptance, i already talked about this...extracurricular activities often trump (for lack of a better word) pure test scores.

That's fine. I can get on board with that, having extra-currcular activities can be a selling point for a potential student.

But, "being black" is not an extra-curricular activity.

Ok well if we're talking written vs physical tests that would make sense for someone doing good on both vs someone doing very good on one and bad on the other. When you say extracurricular activities with regards to university acceptance, are you talking scholarships?

well, minorities (blacks in this case) had a LOTTA help getting into our current situation...so, it would follow we need help getting out of it.
I don't think you do. I think you're every bit as capable as I am. Maybe more so.

I think its time to stop this soft segregation and divisive rhetoric. We're supposed to be treated a equals.

Thats not really what he said is it? I think he was talking about the tribalist, racially separatist way that a lot of blacks seem to see themselves as.
sure, racial separatism is a black invention...i heard ya, bruh.

How should they see themselves? Lots of white people think they're victims who need the white man to save them, another group thinks they dont deserve any help and get too much of it, another thinks theyre sub human. So who do you turn to?

I don't think you do. I think you're every bit as capable as I am. Maybe more so.

I think its time to stop this soft segregation and divisive rhetoric. We're supposed to be treated a equals.
well, you can think what you want...the facts speak for themselves....350 years of slavery. that's a fact...continued inequities in american society....that's another fact.

no question i'm as capable as you...that has never really been in question..in fact THAT was one of the reasons blacks were prevented achieving literacy for hundreds of years under the threat of death and why blacks were segregated into terrible schools after slavery and still have bad schools...because we're just as capable as you guys.

I think this is racist.

Why can't the best person for the job, get the job?

Why does the community have a problem with police officers having a different skin color? Are they racist? Sounds like it.
how would you feel if you lived in a white community and all the police were arabs?

How should they see themselves?
As Americans.

Its time to stop pretending we are championing minorities by telling them they are secondary and need help from us to be on equal footing. I've never understood how people aren't offended by that.

how would you feel if you lived in a white community and all the police were arabs?
Shouldn't matter. Only racists care about the skin color is of public servants.

As Americans.

Its time to stop pretending we are championing minorities by telling them they are secondary and need help from us to be on equal footing. I've never understood how people aren't offended by that.
I agree, it is offensive to me. But I dont think either side is ready for that quite yet.

Back