Got bamboozled by my wife’s friend today.

good of you not to rage and embarrass her. But I agree with you assessment TS: cut her out of your life. Though, if yall have gotten on well until this it might be worth telling you didnt appreciate the move and that you dont want anything like that to happen again. But cold turkey isnt bad either

came in expecting banging the friend. left confused

You should've known OP.

People don't hang out unless there is an agenda there.
l-43990-friend-i-havent-seen-in-years-pyramid-scheme-me.jpg

good of you not to rage and embarrass her. But I agree with you assessment TS: cut her out of your life. Though, if yall have gotten on well until this it might be worth telling you didnt appreciate the move and that you dont want anything like that to happen again. But cold turkey isnt bad either

We have a housewarming party in July if she shows up with saladmaster I’m going apeshit. I actually kind of hope it happens.
<{jackyeah}>

You should've known OP.

People don't hang out unless there is an agenda there.
l-43990-friend-i-havent-seen-in-years-pyramid-scheme-me.jpg

We see them often enough they have a daughter the same age as ours, maybe one or twice a month.

We're all tough guys on the internet. In real life no one does that.
In which case he can untie his tongue and say 'excuse me sir and maam, I'm sorry for interrupting your presentation but if it's ok may I humbly request that you give my family privacy as this is one of our few days off and I have to do my chores or my wife will be upset'

We have a housewarming party in July if she shows up with saladmaster I’m going apeshit. I actually kind of hope it happens.
<{jackyeah}>
YOU WON'T DO A FOOKIN THING. At least I hope not. MLS exist to prey on your lesser nature, which includes blow-outs to further divide you from your friends. No MLS is worth losing a friend over, and they're counting on that. They count on you acting like the fool so they can tell your friends, "Look at this r-word right here."

Here's an easy phrase you can parrot.

Yes ... but you need to leave.

Say it low, slow, and clear. You don't need to say anything else.

"Yes ...." acknowledges their power, which is important to them. You need to make them feel powerful, because resolution NEEDS to be their decision (to do what you want). There are other ways of making the other person feel powerful and ready to make decisions. (This is the key emotion to negotiating: the other guy has to feel like he came up with the deal you wanted all along.)

The pause is important. Saying it low and slow is important, because all of that feels very much like a "lemme level with you" type secret, and we all love to be let in on a secret, even if it the secret is horseshit.

"... but you need to leave" is the gentlest brick wall. It firmly establishes a solution to a problem, and it's very unequivocal. There's no room for argument. It also spares you from having to think of anything else to say, and you want to focus your energies on grilling. They'll run out of excuses, because each one will be met with "You need to leave."

YOU WON'T DO A FOOKIN THING. At least I hope not. MLS exist to prey on your lesser nature, which includes blow-outs to further divide you from your friends. No MLS is worth losing a friend over, and they're counting on that. They count on you acting like the fool so they can tell your friends, "Look at this r-word right here."

"Yes ...." acknowledges their power, which is important to them. You need to make them feel powerful, because resolution NEEDS to be their decision (to do what you want). There are other ways of making the other person feel powerful and ready to make decisions. (This is the key emotion to negotiating: the other guy has to feel like he came up with the deal you wanted all along.)

The pause is important. Saying it low and slow is important, because all of that feels very much like a "lemme level with you" type secret, and we all love to be let in on a secret, even if it the secret is horseshit.

"... but you need to leave" is the gentlest brick wall. It firmly establishes a solution to a problem, and it's very unequivocal. There's no room for argument. It also spares you from having to think of anything else to say, and you want to focus your energies on grilling. They'll run out of excuses, because each one will be met with "You need to leave."
<{vega}>

jesus.. i almost want to smash solicitors with a bat.. how the fuck did you let someone stay at your house for 4 hours to sell you shit...

That looks like some low quality cookware. Please don't tell me that is what they were selling.
Doesn't look ovensafe. removable handles (jesus, make them dishwasher and oven proof). High shine stainless ? I wouldn't boil an egg in that shit bro.
images

BTW, that's not my wife in the vid.
I really wish I knew how to shoop so I could write "Strychnine's wife" in the pic

abi8ua.jpg

Last edited:

Nah. I'd stick with chucking all their shit on the front porch, breaking some of it as it gently cascades from my hands.

I don't really give a fuck what happens after that. Once your friends starts selling this bullshit - you've already lost them.

We're all tough guys on the internet. In real life no one does that.
Man, I once lined up all my female in-laws at a family cookout THEIR side of the family organized, and told all of them to stop getting on my nerves for the day.

Kicking someone out of my house is a piece of cake.

One time a good friend sent me information for a supposed financial planner that he and his wife really liked. Turns out it was a Primerica salesperson. It's gotten to the point where if someone suggests something to me, my first response is "This isn't some MLM shit, right?"
Remember how there was always somebody driving around with a Primerica window sticker or door magnet? LOL LOL

Back