Got My Medicinal Marijuana Prescription Today (in Australia) AMA

For what it's worth, I'm a white collar professional with an established career (I run my own practice). Not your typical stoner...

It's a relief to be able to source this stuff legally, I can even travel with it.

Congratulations on your newfound freedom!

But, let's be honest here. You are the typical stoner.

It's legal for us recreationally at age 21+, and when I go into a shop most of the customers are working class and middle class adults over 30. There are more regular looking people over the age of 60 than there are people who look like the stoners from Dazed and Confused.

I'm not sure I'd want to get high in a country full of giant spiders, fire tornados and aussies tbh. I'd need maximum readiness at all times

You are braver than you think if you are willing to stick your dick into gender indeterminate buttholes.

Kids nowadays dont know how crappy our 5 dollar nick sacks with stems and seeds we had to pick out were in 1999 and I could be arrested for that amount back then. Even the worst 5 dollar pre roll now is better than that 1999 nick sack of stress was.

progress

In the 90s unless you had a local grow op you used to need to be a dealer with connections to the mob that was running Canadian indoor into the US on snowmobiles to get an ounce of indoor for 200 or less. Now that's retail price in the legal shop.

I highly doubt it'll ever be recreational in Florida for some time.. and that'll be the only way I'll smoke again

My company does not honor medical Marijuana cards and they'll fire you if you test positive

Here in Australia we are way behind America when it comes to legalising marijuana, so much so that I pretty much gave up on the idea for many years, until recently.

The process was easy.

For what it's worth, I'm a white collar professional with an established career (I run my own practice). Not your typical stoner...

I live holistically, exercise daily and eat organic whenever possible / affordable.

However, as a Sherdog elder who trained martial arts I'm also living with some chronic injuries. I'm not keen on pharmaceuticals and have been using mj for pain relief & sleep. It definitely takes the edge off.

It's a relief to be able to source this stuff legally, I can even travel with it.

I'll post a bit more info later,... happy to share the knowledge/ rite of passage with other Aussie Sherdoggers

Babou

Wait… what happened?

Are you cool with being addicted to it and building up a tolerance and being in a intoxicated state daily ?

Yep. Legalization was a total scam and all the idiots voted for Trudeau just for over priced dogshit weed.

They smoke shit weed all day and then whine that they can't afford a house.
Except Canadians can legally grow their own (4 plants), it's pretty convenient to be able to legally grow your own. Huge upside.

progress

In the 90s unless you had a local grow op you used to need to be a dealer with connections to the mob that was running Canadian indoor into the US on snowmobiles to get an ounce of indoor for 200 or less. Now that's retail price in the legal shop.

Getting good weed wasn't easy even in Canada. Most of the stuff that was going around was brown bush weed and you had to know the right people to get some fresh buds. For the really good stuff you needed someone with a connection to one of the motorcycle gangs or other organizations that were running the grow ops & distribution networks.

These days we have so many designer strains on the store shelves that I can't even come close to sampling them all in my lifetime. My local pot shop which isn't even a big one has over 100 varieties on rotation at any given time and the growers are coming up with new crosses every day.

Last edited:
I highly doubt it'll ever be recreational in Florida for some time.. and that'll be the only way I'll smoke again

My company does not honor medical Marijuana cards and they'll fire you if you test positive

Lucky for me, I'm self employed.

I still have to use judgement to decide when to partake

Are you cool with being addicted to it and building up a tolerance and being in a intoxicated state daily ?

Are you talking about pharms or mj?

I'm not using pharms except for the occasional "blue chew" and am not addicted to mj, have been using it for quite a while but can take a break without an issue. Most people seem to be on something... I prefer natural therapies, good diet and exercise.

addicted to weed?! LOL. must be up there in terms of easiest addictions to break.
It is more of a dependance than addiction sort of like junk food or streaming tv. Weed does have withdrawals tho I had to quit once for about 2 weeks when I traveled to mexico.I didn't want to smoke their crap weed at the time ,they have much better weed now and craft beer too.

Do what you gotta do for pain management, but I think it's funny how so many people that are concerned with health have embraced marijuana.

You realize your body was not designed to have any kind of smoke in your lungs.

If you only do edibles or take it some other way like vaping then I can understand it, but smoking it is not healthy.
Right, vape so it doesn’t affect your lungs. Makes sense.

It is more of a dependance than addiction sort of like junk food or streaming tv. Weed does have withdrawals tho I had to quit once for about 2 weeks when I traveled to mexico.I didn't want to smoke their crap weed at the time ,they have much better weed now and craft beer too.
you’d rather abstain completely than smoke inferior cannabis, hardly an addiction. ever hear of an alcoholic quitting drinking because they couldnt get top-shelf booze?

dependence , sure, but its very minimal at that. caffeine, nicotine, alcohol, prescription drugs are all much worse in that sense.

What's there to ask? People make way too big of a deal about weed. It's a buzzy plant, big whoop.

Back