Got My Medicinal Marijuana Prescription Today (in Australia) AMA

Right, vape so it doesn’t affect your lungs. Makes sense.
I read on the Rick Simpson website (Phoenix tears) that vaping retains the benefits of thc & cbd whereas combustion (joint or bong) destroys 95% of the benefits and is also carcinogenic.

My doctor also reminded me of the carcinogens and recommended a vape.

you’d rather abstain completely than smoke inferior cannabis, hardly an addiction. ever hear of an alcoholic quitting drinking because they couldnt get top-shelf booze?

dependence , sure, but its very minimal at that. caffeine, nicotine, alcohol, prescription drugs are all much worse in that sense.
Oh yeah I have never quit caffeine that is extremely addictive.

I read on the Rick Simpson website (Phoenix tears) that vaping retains the benefits of thc & cbd whereas combustion (joint or bong) destroys 95% of the benefits and is also carcinogenic.

That was the popular bro science consensus for a bit, but there's been cases in the US since then where people had severe lung damage from vaping. It wasn't the standard COPD you'd see with long term smoking, it was more akin to popcorn lung and damage to the alveoli from oils building up in the lungs.

Safest vector over the long term is probably edibles. Vaping may or may not be "healthier" than joints and we need more long term data to assess that definitively.

That was the popular bro science consensus for a bit, but there's been cases in the US since then where people had severe lung damage from vaping. It wasn't the standard COPD you'd see with long term smoking, it was more akin to popcorn lung and damage to the alveoli from oils building up in the lungs.

Safest vector over the long term is probably edibles. Vaping may or may not be "healthier" than joints and we need more long term data to assess that definitively.
Good feedback

lol I remember those days when you needed a medical endorsement to get cannabis.

it's all legal here in Cali now and it's wonderful.

but the taxes, govt couldn't wait to get their claws into it.

lol I remember those days when you needed a medical endorsement to get cannabis.

it's all legal here in Cali now and it's wonderful.

but the taxes, govt couldn't wait to get their claws into it.
The taxes on weed are ridiculous and they are the reason the black market is thriving now the cartels are getting into growing in CA. It used to be very easy to get a medical cards in 2008 at venice beach you would go to bs board walk doctor answer some easy questions he coached you through and walk out with a "prescription" for "back pain" and "anxiety". It was expensive though my first recommendation cost like 200 bucks by the end I was paying like 30 dollars.

Last edited:
Here in Australia we are way behind America when it comes to legalising marijuana, so much so that I pretty much gave up on the idea for many years, until recently.

The process was easy.

For what it's worth, I'm a white collar professional with an established career (I run my own practice). Not your typical stoner...

I live holistically, exercise daily and eat organic whenever possible / affordable.

However, as a Sherdog elder who trained martial arts I'm also living with some chronic injuries. I'm not keen on pharmaceuticals and have been using mj for pain relief & sleep. It definitely takes the edge off.

It's a relief to be able to source this stuff legally, I can even travel with it.

I'll post a bit more info later,... happy to share the knowledge/ rite of passage with other Aussie Sherdoggers

Babou
Have you seen the price? It's cheaper to buy illegally

The taxes on weed are ridiculous and they are the reason the black market is thriving now the cartels are getting into growing in CA. It used to be very easy to get a medical cards in 2008 at venice beach yi would go to bs board walk doctor answer some easy questions he coached you through and walk out with a "prescription" for "back pain" and "anxiety". It was expensive though my first recommendation cost like 200 bucks by the end I was paying like 30 dollars.

I suspect that's the dark pathway that i will follow

Maybe it’s becoming safer, but a couple of years back there were a significant number of lung injuries and even many deaths associated with vaping THC.

https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/basic_information/e-cigarettes/severe-lung-disease.html

Prices are great now. You can get a grahm of nice concentrate for a vape pen, for like $25.

I quit weed and concentrates though

The taxes on weed are ridiculous and they are the reason the black market is thriving now the cartels are getting into growing in CA. It used to be very easy to get a medical cards in 2008 at venice beach you would go to bs board walk doctor answer some easy questions he coached you through and walk out with a "prescription" for "back pain" and "anxiety". It was expensive though my first recommendation cost like 200 bucks by the end I was paying like 30 dollars.

If it's anything like WA and OR there will come a point where the market hits peak saturation within the next few years and prices will drop.

It's pretty cheap up in the PNW but recreational legalization happened earlier. Tons of shops and growing ops are all over the place, at first to cash in on the gold rush. But there's only so many people in the state taking cannabis regularly. It's not really a product you can effectively increase the demand on. The people who want it have plenty of options to get it. So eventually supply overtook demand and prices went way down.

Cartels primarily flourish in areas where supply is restricted. Even legal cartels like OPEC work by strictly regulating supply.

If supply exceeds demand they don't have much advantage in the market anymore.

If it's anything like WA and OR there will come a point where the market hits peak saturation within the next few years and prices will drop.

It's pretty cheap up in the PNW but recreational legalization happened earlier. Tons of shops and growing ops are all over the place, at first to cash in on the gold rush. But there's only so many people in the state taking cannabis regularly. It's not really a product you can effectively increase the demand on. The people who want it have plenty of options to get it. So eventually supply overtook demand and prices went way down.

Cartels primarily flourish in areas where supply is restricted. Even legal cartels like OPEC work by strictly regulating supply.

If supply exceeds demand they don't have much advantage in the market anymore.
I agree but the problem is CA has like 40 million people so supply over taking demand will take maybe a decade.
Right now this is happening:

The new thing is micro dosing katamine now. They will mail it to you, no doctor visit required. What a time to be alive.
Ketamine is probably the highest I have ever been in my life got it at a doctor I would not do that recreationally it was like being in another dimension.

Ketamine is probably the highest I have ever been in my life got it at a doctor I would not do that recreationally it was like being in another dimension.

I remember seeing people in clubs going into the "K hole" and turning into a fetal ball. I'm not behind deregulating that stuff.

It's micro doses but I'm sure some people save up and take a bunch at once.

I remember seeing people in clubs going into the "K hole" and turning into a fetal ball. I'm not behind deregulating that stuff.
This post is a good example of the ignorance that stands in the way of progress. "I know a guy that smokes weed all day and is lazy so I'm against legalization hurr durr."

Back