GPS would have schooled Usman or Colby

Well he was able to hold his own in the wrestling department with both Hendricks and Koscheck, who where both NCAA division 1 champions, as well as Matt Hughes who was a division 1 all american. I think he would have done just fine with both Usman and Colby.

Kos n Hughes striking was limited

N Hendricks, with questionable gas tank, pushed gsp to the limit.

Usman n Colby are just better all round fighters n athletes

in his prime almost for sure. But now I'm not so sure.

I love when you guys show up in these GSP threads. Lmao, Usman and Colby "better wrestlers" than GSP? "Harder to take down and can push a grinding pace." Implying GSP wasn't hard to take down or never pushed a grinding pace? This is why we find you guys so comical. You don't really believe that shit do you? I mean, come on now, don't be silly because it only sounds like you've watched his only two loses between Hughes and Serra.

Most of the wrestlers gsp was facing had limited striking. The only one who was decent striker was Hendricks n he arguably beat gsp.

both usman n Colby are better strikers than any other wrestler gsp faced n their conditioning is on another level.

Around 15 fights into his career, GSP got Koed by Matt Serra lol.

Usman meanwhile broke Colby's jaw and is beating arguably better guys.

Yeah I agree, Kumaru is much more stiff than GSP, but it's not like he can't improve yet.

Overall though Colby-Usman certainly showed MMA evolution is mostly mythical.

You can't analyze the evolution of MMA in such a short period of time. Usman vs Colby happened two years after GSPs last fight. How would you expect the sport to evolve in 2 years time? Usman, GSP, and Covington are all by definition Millenials.. all from the same generation. So, doesnt make sense that you're using those 3 fighters to claim the evolution of MMA doesnt exist.

If you look at UFC 1 compared to today, you'd have a hard time convincing anyone that evolution of the sport doesnt exist.

no truth telling. why would gsp fight colby who is just as good a wrestler as khabib is when he not willing to fight khabib now.

Where do you get this lie from, and why do you keep spouting it? Seriously.

you are making a huge logic mistake.
Volk is a wrestler, but he knows to strike.
Jon the same.
Miocic the same.
Cejudo the same.

Usman does not know. He is so uni dimensional.
GSP would have beaten the guy easily.
But all of them, their base is wrestling.
Khabib almost KO'd Conor. Not because he has better standup than COnor, but because of the inherent danger of takedown allows Khabib to catch Conor standing up.
This is what wrestling brings that allows wrestlers to dominate, even if they are unidimensional.

For you to claim he'd beat those guys easily is simply a biased assessment that hold no more merit than Khabib fans stating he could beat Adesanya because he beat COnor

But all of them, their base is wrestling.
Khabib almost KO'd Conor. Not because he has better standup than COnor, but because of the inherent danger of takedown allows Khabib to catch Conor standing up.
This is what wrestling brings that allows wrestlers to dominate, even if they are unidimensional.

For you to claim he'd beat those guys easily is simply a biased assessment that hold no more merit than Khabib fans stating he could beat Adesanya because he beat COnor

and what if their base is wresting? they use all the MMA tools !
this sport is not pure wrestling. maybe you should watch ADCC or something else.

That’s why GSP retired in his prime at age 32? He saw what Hendricks did to him and the new wave of well rounded WWs so he bailed.

GSP fans are much more confident in their hero than GSP himself
IIRC, he has had two ACL tears at the time, so he was definitely not in his prime anymore, definitely not physically, at least.

This is a joke right?

And i was referring to Khabib anyway.
not at all. the welterweight level is low in the ufc.
the good guys are pretty done. lawler, rda, wonderboy, pettis, maia, even woodley. they will retire soon.
lets watch usman vs colby, yeah :))) and kevin lee, wait.
GPS is way better in striking, submission and wresting . period.

Seems the boxing embarrassment between Usman and Colby..... man you realize GSP would not have been in any difficult situation against them..... UD

ThriftyWindingHornet-max-1mb.gif

58fb9886a8a1235349c21895d33fb2677e0c244b.gifv

FabulousMessyAbyssiniangroundhornbill-max-1mb.gif

I am not saying it was not a fun fight to watch......I am just saying they are at a low level of boxing

GPS is so good compared to those guys
Stop saying GPS

Seems the boxing embarrassment between Usman and Colby..... man you realize GSP would not have been in any difficult situation against them..... UD

True, and just imagine what 70% Hendricks would have done to them. RIP Usman/Colby.

and what if their base is wresting? they use all the MMA tools !
this sport is not pure wrestling. maybe you should watch ADCC or something else.
or maybe you should lose the attitude or at least think before posting.
I never said the sport is pure wrestling nor I implied they did not use other tools.

You want to have a proper conversation, it is a pleasure. You just want to try to appear intelligent, know that you failed miserably.

stylisitcally, i think gsp would have beaten colby. usman is a bit more unpredictable imo. gsp is just so damn good with timing, and usman is pretty stiff. gsp would out time colby, but colby's pressure game is amazing. anyway, gsp would probably be the favorite and perhaps beat them both, but if he were to lose to either of them, it would usman. anyway, gsp is no longer a ww. he used to be a big ww, now hes slightly smaller than the average ww.

Where do you get this lie from, and why do you keep spouting it? Seriously.

the truth is gsp is ducking khabib and ducked woodley that why he cherry picked bisping instead of the tough wrestlers at 170.

Back