GRAPHIC - Patient coughed up blood clot in the shape of his lung airways

Liquid Smoke

Great artists steal™
@Gold
Reaction score
Not for the feint of heart...

BloodClot.jpg

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...-remarkable/XIoWHaSO1ebSNsCwBCa5RP/story.html

Its squiggly lines and reaching branches make it look like a river with estuaries that you’d find on a map.

But believe it or not (and a lot of people can’t believe it), the viral image shared recently by The New England Journal of Medicine actually shows a blood clot in the precise form of a lung’s right bronchial tree.

The bloody mass was hacked up by a patient in California who was being treated by doctors for heart problems, according to experts.

Dude was only 36 years old, yikes!
<{clintugh}>

That clot ain't new, judging on the coloration and solidity. Musta have been stuck there for quite a while. Highly possible that that airway pattern must have been parts of his lower lung, as blood tends to pool due to gravity. That shit must've hurt, depriving him for being able to do deep belly breathing...

Looks like he swallowed a piece of artificial coral while nose diving in his fish tank trying to suck off a groper

Looks like he swallowed a piece of artificial coral while nose diving in his fish tank trying to suck off a groper
That was my first thought as well.

That clot ain't new, judging on the coloration and solidity. Musta have been stuck there for quite a while. Highly possible that that airway pattern must have been parts of his lower lung, as blood tends to pool due to gravity. That shit must've hurt, depriving him for being able to do deep belly breathing...
Honestly, i'm wondering how he didn't die. Good for him, but damn.

Just when I thought I’ve seen everything, mind blown.

It was during “an extreme bout of coughing” that the unidentified patient, who later died from complications of heart failure, “spontaneously expectorated” the intact impression of his right bronchial tree, doctors who treated him wrote in the case details.

Well, then...

He died from complications of his congenital heart defect. Remind me not to complain about my life while 36 year olds are dying from shitty reasons out of their control

you should check out staghorn kidney stones...

That's pretty gnarly. At age 31 I hacked up enough blood to feed a small African nation due to complete renal failure but the shit was never so meticulously formed

Very hard to believe that thing with so many branches came out intact. I would have thought the branches would act as anchors. Maybe he inhaled a lot of Pam nonstick spray ahead of time.

Back