Grasso 5th round 10-8 is not a bad scorecard

Val won the 5th. She pieced Alexa up for the first 4 mins, all Alexa did was gain access to Vals back for 1 minute. Damage is main criteria, Val easily did the most damage that round and for the majority of it.

Yeah, if being "dominant" for a minute is that she had a good submission attempt, the mounted guillotine by Shevchenko should also get her a 10-8, considering that submission was tighter and Shevchenko won the rest of the round outside of it. Whereas Grasso only won the last minute of Round 5.

no matter who you thought won, that was a stupid 10-8

Some of y'all need to sit down and actually read the official scoring criteria.
From the MMA Unified Rules:
  • A score of 10 – 8 does not require a fighter to dominate their opponent for 5 minutes of a round
  • Judges must CONSIDER giving the score of 10 – 8 when a fighter shows dominance in the round even though no impactful scoring against the opponent was achieved.
  • Judges must CONSIDER giving the score of 10 – 8 when a fighter IMPACTS their opponent significantly in a round even though they do not dominate the action.
So you can be impactful or have dominant positions, but not necessarily both, for judges to consider a 10-8. Grasso was both doing damage and taking the dominant position towards the end of the 5th round. It's not absurd to call it a 10-8.
its absurd to keep it real, but she should have never required it, Grasso should have won a 3-2 clear decision, the rounds she won were not hard to judge, a knock down, round 4 where she landed like 10 unanswered knees to the face following a takedown, and round 5...those are not hard to judge rounds, same with Valentina, her rounds that she won were also easy to judge, so im not sure where the confusion is when it comes to the scoring here, aside from the 10-8

• A score of 10 – 8 does not require a fighter to dominate their opponent for 5 minutes of a round
  • Judges must CONSIDER giving the score of 10 – 8 when a fighter shows dominance in the round even though no impactful scoring against the opponent was achieved.
  • Judges must CONSIDER giving the score of 10 – 8 when a fighter IMPACTS their opponent significantly in a round even though they do not dominate the action.
So you can be impactful or have dominant positions, but not necessarily both, for judges to consider a 10-8. Grasso was both doing damage and taking the dominant position towards the end of the 5th round. It's not absurd to call it a 10-8.

Very objective analysis..you should try politics

Grasso won for me...

But Mike "Taco" Bell rigged that fight, you can't give a 10-8 in that round, it's B.S. <{danayeah}>

I don't think she particularly showed dominance in the round, given how well Valentina was doing in the first half of the round; and i dont think she caused that much IMPACT on Valentina.

The criteria says CONSIDER, but after, consider,ing no, it's not a 10-8.

Grasso won the round by getting closer to finishing the fight and having the biggest moment. But she didn’t get close enough to get a 10-8 and erase she was behind prior to that last minute.

You know what, I'm with Val on this one, she have the right to be all the bitter she wants, 10-8 in the last round was BS

Yeah, if being "dominant" for a minute is that she had a good submission attempt, the mounted guillotine by Shevchenko should also get her a 10-8, considering that submission was tighter and Shevchenko won the rest of the round outside of it. Whereas Grasso only won the last minute of Round 5.
If I was Valentina's team, I would 100% appeal the decision, but I'm guessing they'll get a nice bonus to let it slide to not shit on the event.

Out of all the people I've seen on here who openly hate Val, you're the only one who thinks a 10-8 was OK. Think about that.

Yes it is.

Shown on screen after the fight, if the judge wasn't drunk on tequila and gave Shevchenko 9 instead of an 8 liek he should have, Valentina takes the belt home.
F6M8_j9XsAAaxFE

Kamijo had the correct scorecard though, so they should have all turned in scorecards matching his

If Grasso had out pointed Val on the feet up until the grappling in that round it still wouldn't have been a 10-8.

And she didn't out point her on the feet. She was losing there.

Squeezing on a sub that clearly isn't on and eventually fails in that case isn't dominance lol.

Be honest how are you related Bell? Shevchenko was winning that round, if you're throwing out a 10-8 that round Shevchenko got just as close to a finish earlier and Bell didn't score that a 10-8 round. Guy's a muppet and you are too for defending him.
bro i dont even think Valentina lost that round. She was lighting her up the entire around all grasso had was the reversal into submission attempt val was busting her up on the feet

I'd give val round 5 as well. she did more damage.

LOL WHAT?

bro i dont even think Valentina lost that round. She was lighting her up the entire around all grasso had was the reversal into submission attempt val was busting her up on the feet

I'd give val round 5 as well. she did more damage.
Fair argument to make mate I gave it to Grasso but the issue is how Bell got to a 10-8, if he said well she was close to a finish ergo 10-8 fine then surely he gives Valentina a 10-8 too but he didn't there's no logical way you can get to 10-8 without multiple 10-8's. Home cooking at it's finest, Mexico really has taken over parts of the USA.

Back