Grasso would demolish both Fiorot and Blanchfield one after another.

But Grasso is a great fighter. I would never give zero chance to great fighters, that IS true. A very slim chance however.

@CatchtheseHands @xhaydenx

I just want to say, Grasso is a great fighter, and I didn't want to sound dismissive of her skills or anything. Like if @xhaydenx you bet on Grasso against Erin, and if Grasso pulls it off, hats off to you.

Grasso has a wrong style to beat Erin. Grasso doesn't have Fiorot's size, strength, TDD, nor the footwork to fend Erin off.
And she won't. Now, she did beat Shev, so it's not like I would entirely count out Grasso and I'm sure the line may be close, but in terms of a match up I'd put Erin at -400 favourite, though she may even be an underdog now.

I like Grasso, and I don't like Erin. But Erin's a prodigy at that age, and Grasso doesn't have skillset to beat Erin. Even the way she grapples in her fight is just wrong to beat Erin. She may beat Fiorot though if she can keep it standing.

Anyways, just felt like I was being too dismissive perhaps, I mean, what's not to like about Grasso? Tough, hot and nice. I'd be fairly suprised if she pulls it off against Erin, let me put it that way. And she won't.

Yeh, in my post I wasn't necessarily saying that Grasso would beat Erin, just that Erin isn't all that skilled.

I think Grasso would struggle against a lot of girls. I think she'd smack Erin around for a round or two, but then eventually get taken down and run over once she slows down a bit. It'd look a lot like the Barber/Grasso fight, but Erin could win with 5 rounds while 3 wasn't enough for Maycee.

Yeh, in my post I wasn't necessarily saying that Grasso would beat Erin, just that Erin isn't all that skilled.

I think Grasso would struggle against a lot of girls. I think she'd smack Erin around for a round or two, but then eventually get taken down and run over once she slows down a bit. It'd look a lot like the Barber/Grasso fight, but Erin could win with 5 rounds while 3 wasn't enough for Maycee.

i like Grasso, so hope they don't feed Grasso to Erin if she loses to Fiorot. She may win that one if she can keep it standing, se we will see.

i like Grasso, so hope they don't feed Grasso to Erin if she loses to Fiorot. She may win that one if she can keep it standing, se we will see.

I feel like Erin is going to have to do a fair bit of work for a title shot now, and it's not going to be against of the easier matchups she's had on her run to now.

Like, she'll be getting someone like Rose or Barber next. Maybe even Nat Silva. All of these girls are hard fights for Erin.

I feel like Erin is going to have to do a fair bit of work for a title shot now, and it's not going to be against of the easier matchups she's had on her run to now.

Like, she'll be getting someone like Rose or Barber next. Maybe even Nat Silva. All of these girls are hard fights for Erin.

Hm, i wouldn't necessary her match ups have been easy per se, she's just that good. Andrade was a pick em fight I think as well and she just fought Fiorot. Maverick wasn't a bad win either. She did not have an easy match ups. I mean, she fought Talia too. She did fight Alpar and Molly, but overall, her road has been very respectful.

Rose and Barber aren't harder fights than she had so far by any means, especially Barber and Rose is too small and she's probably not coming up any time soon. I can see why you'd think that though. Talia is way better than Barber.

I haven't followed Nat Silva so I can't say on that one.

Hm, i wouldn't necessary her match ups have been easy per se, she's just that good. Andrade was a pick em fight I think as well and she just fought Fiorot. Maverick wasn't a bad win either. She did not have an easy match ups. I mean, she fought Talia too. She did fight Alpar and Molly, but overall, her road has been very respectful.

Rose and Barber aren't harder fights than she had so far by any means, especially Barber and Rose is too small and she's probably not coming up any time soon. I can see why you'd think that though. Talia is way better than Barber.

I haven't followed Nat Silva so I can't say on that one.

I meant to say "some of the easier matchups she's had" earlier. I forgot some. I didn't mean that all of her matchups have been easy.

But Erin has had opponents who were either really shit like Alpar and Molly, opponents that she was just too strong for like Maverick, or opponents that just didn't have the cardio like Santos.

Andrade is too small for FLW despite having fought at BW. She also had a bit of a wardrobe malfunction in that one, though I think the result would have been the same.

She's only ever fought one good actual wrestler in her career and that was Cortez, who beat her. She was also getting beaten in the striking with ease, having all her tds stuffed easily, and getting taken down by JJ Aldrich, who she luckily managed to catch with that standing choke.

Rose and Barber are a lot harder fights than the likes of Molly, JJ, Mav, and Andrade at least.

Barber is at least aggressive, has cardio, is getting better, and won't be easily bullied.

What do you mean Rose probably isn't coming up any time soon? You mean to FLW? She's already there. Rose talked about not being opposed to fighting Erin just recently, and after this loss, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Rose/Erin is next. It makes perfect sense right now after their last fights and what ranks they were fighting.

Nat Silva is a nightmare matchup for Erin. Great cardio, leagues beyond her in the striking. The real problem for Erin in that one is that despite everyone thinking Nat's best strength is her striking, if you watch her whole career you'll see it's actually her defensive grappling against the cage, which is pretty much how Erin would have to fight her to have any hope.

wait Maycee is top 4 LMAAAAAAAAAO

she isn't beating Fiorot anytime soon, but she's beating Grasso. Val we will have to see. Fiorot is massive at that weight.
Valentina used to fight at 135 against women that are much bigger than Fiorot. Manon is a huge flyweight, but there're woman at 135 that walk around at 170 lbs.

Valentina is very strong for her size or at least used to be. The thing with Val is that she's 36 and has a lot of mileage. She's clearly past her prime. I don't think Fiorot nor Blanchfield would have stood a chance in hell to beat her 4 years ago, but it's a different story now.

Valentina used to fight at 135 against women that are much bigger than Fiorot. Manon is a huge flyweight, but there're woman at 135 that walk around at 170 lbs.

Valentina is very strong for her size or at least used to be. The thing with Val is that she's 36 and has a lot of mileage. She's clearly past her prime. I don't think Fiorot nor Blanchfield would have stood a chance in hell to beat her 4 years ago, but it's a different story now.

This.

Val 4 years ago would have either 50-44'd with ease or finished everyone in the division. She was on a totally different level.

Now, by round 3 she's tired and her footwork starts to become more stationary, and she can't control people like she used to. Holly is having the exact same issues these days.

Val still seems to get a second wind though, which is really impressive. Always gets it together and looks way fresher than her younger opponents like Grasso and Santos in the champ rounds. She's clearly way more skilled than both of those. I don't like Shev at all, but it was clear she got robbed in that Grasso rematch with the dumb 10-8 Grasso round.

Val in her prime against Erin would be an utter mismatch. Erin couldn't strike or outgrapple JJ Aldrich. Shev would have obliterated her.

Manon would have been no different. Manon's just a 1-2 fighter. Shev would have toyed with her too.

Agree about Blanchfield, not so sure about Fiorot. I think the latter is a tough matchup for anyone in the division.

Blanchfield’s game counters Maycee’s. Maycee doesn’t have a good standup game either. She is a plodding brawler who lacks a wrestling game. She is more of a fence pusher. Her style gives Blanchfield easy entries to the body lock.
Yeah I was more arguing that Erin couldn't beat Alexa, not so much Erin couldn't beat Maycee. I do think Maycee has a chance but I'm not really invested enough to go out on my shield over it. I don't care enough about that match up. Alexa and Erin though I'm more than willing to crash out over.

@CatchtheseHands @xhaydenx

I just want to say, Grasso is a great fighter, and I didn't want to sound dismissive of her skills or anything. Like if @xhaydenx you bet on Grasso against Erin, and if Grasso pulls it off, hats off to you.

Grasso has a wrong style to beat Erin. Grasso doesn't have Fiorot's size, strength, TDD, nor the footwork to fend Erin off.
And she won't. Now, she did beat Shev, so it's not like I would entirely count out Grasso and I'm sure the line may be close, but in terms of a match up I'd put Erin at -400 favourite, though she may even be an underdog now.

I like Grasso, and I don't like Erin. But Erin's a prodigy at that age, and Grasso doesn't have skillset to beat Erin. Even the way she grapples in her fight is just wrong to beat Erin. She may beat Fiorot though if she can keep it standing.

Anyways, just felt like I was being too dismissive perhaps, I mean, what's not to like about Grasso? Tough, hot and nice. I'd be fairly suprised if she pulls it off against Erin, let me put it that way. And she won't.
Nah, I get what you're saying. I do think Erin could have a chance if she gets Alexa down but if she can't take her down I don't see her out striking Alexa in any capacity.

But Grasso is a great fighter. I would never give zero chance to great fighters, that IS true. A very slim chance however.
I think that Manon could beat her in a stand up fight alexa would have to use her grappling, if manon can keep it standing I see a path to victory for her.

Manon is a very tough fight for Alexa imo. Very good counter striker who Alexa won't be able to take down if she can't get ahead on the striking.

Manon can take Alexa down if she wants too.

I think Alexa can get in on Manon and will have a big advantage in boxing range. If she's stuck on the outside, though, it will look just like every manon fight.

No so sure about that. Not that I have high opinions of either Fiorot or Blanchfield, but Grasso is very small and isn’t much of a round winner. Also she tends to struggle against big wrestlers.

Grasso is very small? She looked just as big as shevchenko to me. I don't think she's small, but rather an average sized flyweight.

I think Rose is the easiest of those fights. Rose isn't that physically strong and has in the past got ptsd from the mere threat of a takedown. If I'm erin, I'm calling for that fight to get some mojo back and a big name win.

Erin should stay away from Natalia for a while -- natalia would counter her, but much harder than what Manon was doing.

I find age is not the same factor for females.

just an observation, I dont think women peak between 27-33 like men do
I too believe age is a little different for the ladies. In my observations, I think the ladies can be 35+ years old and still compete for titles. Whereas no male UFC fighter under WW has ever won a title fight at 35+.

We might see 40 year old GDR fight for the BW title. Holly is 42. And Rocky just won the BW title at 35 years old. Shevchenko is 36.

I’m not sure why. Maybe women have less wear and tear? But GDR, Holly, and Shevchenko have been competing in combat sports forever. It’s odd to me. Maybe it’s just a coincidence? I don’t know.

People are just high on Grasso because they think she's hot. (She's just above average for normal woman standards)

She was losing till she won against Val, and the 2nd fight should have gone to Val.

Back