Great vegan fighters

Well, maybe I'm wrong if he got KOed by a random JMMA guy, but he did beat Joe Stephenson right, who challenged for the belt against BJ.
Hayoto Sakurai is a legend bro.

B86A3BA9-C561-4651-99DC-B61B137C43B0.gif

WhisperedLongFoal-max-1mb.gif

He came to the UFC at 40, way too late... One of the most aggressive fighters of his day, and had decent power... Always second to Gomi though.

Last edited:
O’Malley isn’t vegan anymore. He’s been off that for a while now.

He went 5-8 in UFC, which is perfectly respectable, even if he didnt get it at the time.

Pride less so... He got KTFO in his only fight there, which is why he went on TUF, not straight to UFC...

danzig-sakurai.jpg

No disrespect to the guy though, he put in a good shift.

Even if all the vegan talk was unbearable at times.
He was always aggravated and on edge on TUF. He fit the stereotypical vegan to a T.

He was always aggravated and on edge on TUF. He fit the stereotypical vegan to a T.
I strongly disliked him back then...

Weirdly, I've got a soft-spot for him now - he was around for the golden generation of stars, and had some fun fights... Plus he got unbelievable amounts of shit for his avid veganism and looked so funny getting KO'd that I can blot out the awkward interviews, and moral projection he made such an artwork from.

Only Danzig stuck with it. With alllllll the science behind nutrition for performance and the top athletes paying huge money towards that and SC, very few top performers go that route

Even if I have philosophical, dietary, and ethical disagreements with Mac, I still cheer for him since we're both from the same neck of the woods.

Obviously you have the Diaz brothers, Shields put together some solid wins, O'Malley plus that guy from TUF who made the documentary (even Rogan agreed with him). It would probably be beneficial in the post COVID-19 era for health reasons. Might lose some power but would definitely gain longevity and cardio.

Diaz Bros have their own "tainted supplement" steroids company. Shields is in their gym.
And O Malley is like 1 foot taller and longer than everybody in his division. None of them take leg kicks too well.

It would probably be beneficial in the post COVID-19 era for health reasons. Might lose some power but would definitely gain longevity and cardio.
Need to explain this to me. I don't understand what covid has to do with anything and there are plenty of studies that conclude that grass fed or free range protein's are some of the best proteins for recovery. Iirc casein (a milk protein) from grass fed cows is the best, but it has been a while so I studied that stuff.

The words Alpha-male and Vegan can't even be in the same paragraph. Fighters are supposed to be Alpha-males. If you can't eat meat how are you supposed to kick someone's ass? Spoken as a true Sherdogger.

Mac Danzig.

Like all vegans, it was all he talked about.

I went to UFC 83 in Montreal and met Mac after the weigh-ins - he was super nice. Later that evening, I ran in to him at a buffet vegetarian restaurant downtown. Good dude and respect to him for living his lifestyle.

I went to UFC 83 in Montreal and met Mac after the weigh-ins - he was super nice. Later that evening, I ran in to him at a buffet vegetarian restaurant downtown. Good dude and respect to him for living his lifestyle.
Nothing but respect.

Its just a really old joke.

Went vegan, can confirm this to be true. I couldn't stfu about it, but in my defence I had a ton of injuries/illnesses that disappeared when I stopped eating meat product, so.

Personally I think the philosophy in totality is astoundingly stupid, nothing morally wrong with eating meat etc, but it's a pretty good thing to be able to do. As an unrepentant drug addict I can also confirm meat is in fact a drug & coming off it ain't easy.

Muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch worse than meat is sugar. I also have a sweet tooth & a rum fixation, so

<Neil01>

I'm a meat eater and I respect anyone who doesn't want to eat animals. Especially how some of the animals are treated when their slaughtered. NO one should be ok with that.

I guess if you could actually live a healthy life without eating animals then why do so is the question.

Lol @ you cans forgetting about Herschel Walker, who only ate once a day, and it was a salad. Filthy casuals.

Only Danzig stuck with it. With alllllll the science behind nutrition for performance and the top athletes paying huge money towards that and SC, very few top performers go that route
? Sub optimal nutrition isn’t worth it what are you talking about

I'm a meat eater and I respect anyone who doesn't want to eat animals. Especially how some of the animals are treated when their slaughtered. NO one should be ok with that.

I guess if you could actually live a healthy life without eating animals then why do so is the question.
I think the question is: is it possible? Yes, but extremely difficult. Extremely.

Back