Great vegan fighters

Arguably more animals get killed with all the mass, industrialized farming it takes to grow crops for the world to eat, though.

True but the animals aren't enlsaved and abused.

True but the animals aren't enlsaved and abused.
Not all animals you eat are either. And there are plenty of other alternatives, from local meat farmers to hunting and fishing your own. Just because you see something on a PETA video doesn't mean it represents all farms/ranches everywhere.

Huh?

I'm saying if vegan diet was beneficial for performance you would see more athletes doing it
It didn’t read that way lol, without a proper quote it’s out of context and I couldn’t accurately figure out what direction the post was leaning.

Nothing but respect.

Its just a really old joke.

Still cooking Buff? We had a fun back and forth years ago about vegetarianism - remember? Nice to see you still here posting.

Obviously you have the Diaz brothers, Shields put together some solid wins, O'Malley plus that guy from TUF who made the documentary (even Rogan agreed with him). It would probably be beneficial in the post COVID-19 era for health reasons. Might lose some power but would definitely gain longevity and cardio.
Shields was on peds.

So was this a legit question of just TS trying to push his believes?

Not all animals you eat are either. And there are plenty of other alternatives, from local meat farmers to hunting and fishing your own. Just because you see something on a PETA video doesn't mean it represents all farms/ranches everywhere.

Most farms do because of profit. Obviously not all of them do but more do then don't. I'm a meat eater but I'm not going to try to make excuses of treatment of animals.

Most farms do because of profit. Obviously not all of them do but more do then don't. I'm a meat eater but I'm not going to try to make excuses of treatment of animals.
And you know that cause you've visited most of them?

If Nate wasn't a vegan his straight left would have flat-lined Leon

Reactions: mkt
And you know that cause you've visited most of them?

Industrial farming has expanded bigger than ever and small farms are shrinking by the year sadly. I hope you're right. But I'm not going to make myself feel better by lying to myself. AtIeast I admit it.

I try to buy raises farm meat all the time but don't ways eat it if I'm at restaurants. I can do better .

How do you know if someone is Vegan?

Don’t worry, they’ll tell you within the first 2 minutes of meeting them.

The same joke also works for CrossFit people
they will tell you that they do crossfit, then tell you in the next breath that they are natty

Rashad Evans went fruitarian recently. I believe due to digestive issues. Don’t know if that’s technically vegan but he won his last fight in EagleFC.

IIRC, the Gracies also had a similar fruit-heavy diet.

Mac Danzig is the only fighter I know of that’s vocal about being vegan.

Rashad Evans went fruitarian recently. I believe due to digestive issues. Don’t know if that’s technically vegan but he won his last fight in EagleFC.

IIRC, the Gracies also had a similar fruit-heavy diet.

Mac Danzig is the only fighter I know of that’s vocal about being vegan.
Rashad beat some completely unknown 36-year old with a 12-7 record in very small orgs. Not sure if he was on that diet at the time.

The Gracies said they were on some raw fruit/vegetable diet. With the exception of Rickson, they were skinny and won by virtue of being MUCH more experienced and better grapplers than their opponents in the earliest events.

Edit: looks like the Gracie diet allows meat and other animal products. It's based on the old "food combining" idea that you don't eat certain food groups together.

Back