Greatest KO of all-time

how it is done in media. Bask in the moment. Forget about eye rakes and other fights. It was glorious nonetheless.

Context was everything. Max moving up and us all counting him out meant a lot. I think Gaethje was heavily diminished by that spinning back kick at the end of the first

Max was just so much faster than him. A lot of insiders chose Max to win. It's really hard to picture Max bodying Gaethje. And that overhand was so GD fast, brutal and wild

How loudly the KO makes you shout holy fuck

Barboza v Etim was absolutely perfect for me

Ngannou/Reem
Yair/Zombie
Leon/Usman
Masvidal/Askren
Max/Gaethje
Gonzaga/CroCop
Wanderlei/Rampage
Randleman/CroCop
Rampage/Arona
Holm/Ronda
Lyoto/Rashad

Leon Usman

Max gaethje

Andy The Chris

Conor Aldo

Buckley Mortal Kombat kick

There is no greatest anything, its all just a matter of opinion. I happen to think Amanda Nunes KO'ing Chris Cyborg is one of the best KO's ever. ONE of the best, not THE best. I LOVED Crocop's head kick KO of Wanderlei Silva in PRIDE's Open Weight tourny. I loved Chuck Liddell's KO of Tito Ortiz in UFC's early years. I loved Anderson Silva's front kick KO of Vitor Belfort. The list goes on and on!

First off, the technique - if you're referring to Max's skill - wasn't average. DJ broke this down. If you're just saying it was a normal punch, punch being the technique, then fair enough.

Context matters, circumstances. The fighters in question, their skill, when it happens, how, the event, history, so on and so forth. The manner of finish also matters but the importance of this is circumstantial. Low percentage moves landing is obviously super cool but it's not everything.

I don’t know how to post gifs anymore, but for me the two powerbomb KO’s are the craziest.

When Rampage Power-bombed Arona, and when Matt Hughes unconsciously Power-bombed Carlos Newton

Scariest KO of all time to me is still Gonzaga vs Crocop

Max’s KO was great but I think shocking KO’s in title fights move the needle for me a little more. Weidman/Silva, Holm/ Rousey, Aldo/ Conor, Usman/Leon, etc. We’ve seen Justin get knocked out before. The other guys were champs that looked unbeatable.

Great ko, but max was winning... so I would not put it as the greatest.

If I like the fighter it's great if I don't it was meh
Sherdogger comment in it's finest and most honest form, Well Done R L.

<Moves>
Hendo's KO on Ping was up there for all the mega-disrespect shown to an all-time great warrior and fighter.

Last edited:
that wasn't the greatest knock out of all time. What BS, it was two guys wildly swinging and surprise , one of them got caught.

this is one of Rogan's Estrogen uptake induced assessments.

You could even argue that Max was lucky to come away from that exchange with his own consciousness intact.

Only if you were painfully clueless about basic boxing fundamentals.

They were both just swinging with everything they had and someone was gonna go down.

Ah.

So there it is...
Screenshot_20240416_130517_Google~2.jpg

Perhaps you need to watch the end sequence again.

Max is:

fully in control of his angles of entry and exit
has balanced footwork
control of range and
he slips easily and counters.

This lead to Justin being so off balance Max was against his BACK prior to the ending strike which was

Perfectly timed
Perfectly placed

and thrown with Max in zero danger.

I can see how it looks like "swangin and bangin" to the uneducated eye.
Look closer.

Back