Greatest UFC MW to never get a title shot..

Sad... some division a fighters has to win one maybe two decent fights and get the title shot... Jacare can go beast mode and doesn't even seem to move closer to that belt... SMH.

Jacare is a great fighter and he should have gotten the TS instead of Adesanya , He beat both Romero and Gastelum IMO.
Had he been in the UFC during Anderson era he would have been champion.

At very best he got fought Romero to a draw. Heartbreaking the rematch was scratched.

The guy is a true monster , He is a nightmare match up for people like Anderson and Adesanya.

He did and theres definitely worse decisions out there, but its just another close call for Jacare. Seems like he's been knocking on that door for so long so close..

Yea I don’t disagree with your overall point at all. For a long time I considered Weidman, Rockhold, Jacare and Romero to be the clear Big Four and wanted to see them all face one another. (We’ve seen most of those matchups now and they’ve all been great.) Jacare is the only one who hasn’t fought for a belt. It would be nice to see him earn a chance.

I agree, it's Jacare, I thought he beat Yoel and Romero should have had a point taken for the back to back fence grabs(one to prevent a takedown and one to get one). Instead all he got was the ref standing them back up. That's not right, Jacare on top is dangerous as fuck and he got top position taken away due to Yoel's cheating.

Jacare could barely walk back to his corner.

If you could actually *measure* impact, force applied, physical and neurological damage done, etc. then I’m very confident that Yoel did far more damage in that fight.

I don’t mind if you want to award the win to Souza 29-28, but it’s not like all Yoel did was happen to catch him with one sneaky punch.
I think most of us scored it a 28-28 draw.
Clear 10-8 Romero, next two for Jacare.

Romero should have had a point taken for multiple fence grabs.

He should have but they rarely ever take points for fence grabbing. Not sure why it’s even an official rule it never gets enforced like eye pokes.

We need to see the Mousasi rematch first they are 1-1 now, next win gets the next UFC title shot. Make it happen Dana!

He should have but they rarely ever take points for fence grabbing. Not sure why it’s even an official rule it never gets enforced like eye pokes.

Yeah, it would be really nice to see the refs actually enforce the rules. I remember a few events ago a guy grabbed the cage like 4 times in the first round and only got verbal warnings.

Fights with Cammozzi didnt speed his process up either and the losses to Yoel and Robert were just at the worst time cause those were the fights that would’ve gotten him the shot already.

Sad... some division a fighters has to win one maybe two decent fights and get the title shot... Jacare can go beast mode and doesn't even seem to move closer to that belt... SMH.

What are you shaking your head at though? At what point was he passed over in your view? Romero Whittaker and Kelvin were his three biggest opportunities and he didn’t go beast mode—he lost all three. I’m glad he pulled it out against Weidman but this is really the first time in years that he’s won a big fight. If he beats another top guy he should be good to go.

I'll believe Jacare is for real when he beats Camozzi a third time

Seriously though, the guy has had some awful luck and it should have happened a long time ago

Yeah, it would be really nice to see the refs actually enforce the rules. I remember a few events ago a guy grabbed the cage like 4 times in the first round and only got verbal warnings.

It’s ridiculous

Jacare could barely walk back to his corner.

If you could actually *measure* impact, force applied, physical and neurological damage done, etc. then I’m very confident that Yoel did far more damage in that fight.

I don’t mind if you want to award the win to Souza 29-28, but it’s not like all Yoel did was happen to catch him with one sneaky punch.

Wasn't Yoel the one fading in that fight?

SjptbmO.gif

Easily one of my favourite approaches to a downed fighter... strong, purposeful and frightening!

Back