Green Bay Packers 2023 Differences between now and 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fortunately, he did not.

That entire 2020 draft can hit the road. Obviously, Love can stay lol.

Hope it’s obvious that the guy is a complete can now that we’re seeing a healthy Jones. 90% of the runs Jones had would’ve amounted to 1-3 yard gains at best. Then I’d have to listen to a bunch of limp wristed losers on Twitter/reddit claim it’s the o-line and not the CFL running back getting by based on his personality.

They can definitely beat dallas. The 9ers on the other hand. I give them about a 10% chance.

Haha, I believe the opposite. I think McCarthy coaches a great game against us. If we somehow get past them and play the Niners, I think Purdy gets picked off twice in a huge upset. Jaire gets one and then Walker gets the other.

Either way, I'm getting drunk as hell for this WC round.

Playoffs, baby!! No idea how far they get, but if they end up playing the Lions they are winning that game.

Shades of the 2010 season. They kind of backed into the playoffs with a lot of injuries but managed to win the 2011 Superbowl. We didn't expect them to go far then either.

Last edited:
As a Bears fan, I congratulate the Packers on their playoff birth and for beating our ass yet again today.

As you can understand, Love stepping up like this is pretty terrifying for fans of teams in your division. We've already dealt with HoF level QBs for 2+ fucking decades - I prayed long and hard for Love to suck, but it appears as if God either doesn't exist or he gets off on my pain, and my cries for help have been ignored.

See you next year.

As a Bears fan, I congratulate the Packers on their playoff birth and for beating our ass yet again today.

As you can understand, Love stepping up like this is pretty terrifying for fans of teams in your division. We've already dealt with HoF level QBs for 2+ fucking decades - I prayed long and hard for Love to suck, but it appears as if God either doesn't exist or he gets off on my pain, and my cries for help have been ignored.

See you next year.
You will have Caleb or Maye, a Top 10 pick and a bunch of other high picks (who knows what you get for Fields). Bears are set up really well for the future IMO.

You will have Caleb or Maye, a Top 10 pick and a bunch of other high picks (who knows what you get for Fields). Bears are set up really well for the future IMO.
They are. Could be a lot worse. They have an opportunity to keep getting better.

I’d still trade it for being in the Packers’ shoes right now though.

I’ve had enough years as a Bears fan where all we had to look forward to was the offseason. I want more.

Cowboys are going to be tough, but at least you are in the dance.

They are. Could be a lot worse. They have an opportunity to keep getting better.

I’d still trade it for being in the Packers’ shoes right now though.

I’ve had enough years as a Bears fan where all we had to look forward to was the offseason. I want more.

Cowboys are going to be tough, but at least you are in the dance.
Hehe yeah definitely understand that feeling and where you are coming from. No one is perfect but Poles seems to be a pretty decent GM, but can't ruin the new QB mentally with too shitty O-Line play for example.

If nothing else, it will be a very valuable experience for the young team. :) I never trust the defense, but the offense could have finally everyone healthy next week for maybe the first time in the entire season? Could imagine the Cowboys not being stoked, but they are still heavy favs.

I'm getting that feeling again the last time GB played the Cowboys in the playoffs. I remember right before the game started I kept asking myself "Why not us? Why can't GB win this game?". Well GB beat 'em that game and it was epic. So why can't it happen again?

The Cowboys love to play press man coverage and if Watson is back; they could burn those DB's badly. McCarthy had his chance to beat the Pack with Rodgers last year and he failed. He is either going to coach a great game or coach a decent one and make some gaffs along the way which keep Green Bay in it. Something tells me Love is going to go off and the Pack continue dominance against another "rival".

I am so fucking pumped.

House money at this point. Win or lose it's experience for such a young team.

Also the Love that showed up today looked nothing like the qb that threw some of the worst passes I've ever seen earlier this season. I will always wonder if he tried to emulate some stuff Rodgers did.... that only Rodgers could do, leading to absolutely janky mechanics. Dunno what else explains a joke of a deep ball when the guy can absolutely sling it like he did today. Looked like 12 out there sometimes.

House money at this point. Win or lose it's experience for such a young team.

Also the Love that showed up today looked nothing like the qb that threw some of the worst passes I've ever seen earlier this season. I will always wonder if he tried to emulate some stuff Rodgers did.... that only Rodgers could do, leading to absolutely janky mechanics. Dunno what else explains a joke of a deep ball when the guy can absolutely sling it like he did today. Looked like 12 out there sometimes.
Yes, Love was throwing some darts out there. The problem with paying Dallas is that Jerruh has a lot of money to pay the refs. I don't know who is calling the defense but obviously changes have been made. We did play two teams with some problems on offense. Fields had some nice drives but they stalled out.

Yes, Love was throwing some darts out there. The problem with paying Dallas is that Jerruh has a lot of money to pay the refs. I don't know who is calling the defense but obviously changes have been made. We did play two teams with some problems on offense. Fields had some nice drives but they stalled out.
Are you seriously already blaming the refs for a game that hasn't been played yet?

Are you seriously already blaming the refs for a game that hasn't been played yet?
Better too early than too late imo

Packers are are massive underdogs and rightfully so, but I wouldn't be surprised if they manage to upset the Cowboys. The Cowboys have been can crushers if I remember that correctly. Just depends whether the can version of the Packers shows up, or the version that can get pressure, play sound defense and is good on offense. I think they gave Watson another week because they were pretty confident that they were beating the Bears, also all other WRs plus Musgrave were available. Watson KILLED the Cowboys last year, him being available is very important. Highly doubt the Barry defense plays three good games in a row, though.

Watch GB upset both the Cowboys and the Niners and Barry walks himself into a new contract, thus becoming the Dom Capers of the Jordan Love era Packers DC, lmao.

Watch GB upset both the Cowboys and the Niners and Barry walks himself into a new contract, thus becoming the Dom Capers of the Jordan Love era Packers DC, lmao.
There's no way in hell they beat the 49ers hehe. I'm afraid they will get LIT UP against the Cowboys. :(

See you next year.
Bear fans have suffered for a long time since the last glory days when their defense was so strong. The Lions seem to be up but can they finish? Their fans deserve a good finish.

Would bet money Barry reverts to deep zone and the defense getting chunked for big gains / long drives all game.

Would bet money Barry reverts to deep zone and the defense getting chunked for big gains / long drives all game.

What I don't understand with him; is it takes until week 17 to start playing a more attacking style of defense and low and behold, the defense starts allowing no more than 10 points. If that's because LaFluer gets in his face during meetings then why can't this be done in week 1?

I think Barry's D looks like it did back in the 2021 divisional round against the Niners and clamps down on Dak and that potent Dallas offense. If they play that well and somehow go on a run; I'm more than fine keeping Barry, but LaFluer has to reign him in every game. These guys love making this shit so hard, lol.

Packers might really have everyone but Dillon and the guys who are out for the season available. Jones looked great lately and it's the yoffs, he should get all relevant touches at the RB position anyway.

I'm excited, but we must remember that losing to the trash ass DeVito Giants, getting curb stomped by the Bucs and giving up 30 against the Canthers all happened recently, too. Kinda feel like it won't be that close of a game either way, Packers either have a good day and win decently, or the can version shows and they get crushed. Don't really see a close win or loss, knowing the Packers. But we will see. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back