Media Greg Hardy in good spirits after KO loss

He made almost $20 mil in the NFL for his career in salary and bonuses, less fines. Not bad.
He had a spark-in the NFL and he aint even the dude that could step on a football field no more. Let’s not get things twisted lol. Blame it on the orotein shakes horse meat or whatever but we getting the tail end of Greg not that peak either. Not even close

And to think on media day, this guy had the nerve to talk trash about the Black Beast. BB would decapitate him. He would not be ok.

Not everyone lives a perfect life. I've had my troubles with the law and it sucks to be constantly
reminded of them, even when you paid my debt to society and got my life on the right path.

I completely agree with you... but Hardy never paid his debt to society, unless you count monetarily when he paid off his accuser.

I completely agree with you... but Hardy never paid his debt to society, unless you count monetarily when he paid off his accuser.
Well at least he hasn't had any similar problem as far as I know, it seems he learned his lesson.

Honestly he probably would have won if he just stayed patient after he rocked him and didn’t rush in

still a weird looking KO imo.

doesn't have that crispness or conclusive moment that is satisfying to see.

something weird involving the orbital bone must have sent hardy down I guess.

His eye was completely swollen shut by the time they announced the victory literally 2 minutes later. I think the fist slid up his face and across his eye. Super painful and swelled shut real fast. Even if he had somehow survived on the ground after, no way would they have let the fight continue.

Missed the fight but looking at the gifs it's was a bad stoppage by the ref.

lol at people hugging Hardy's nuts over his clownshow in this fight. Hardy is proof positive that being an NFL star, which makes you an "A level athlete" lol, doesn't mean you can do anything as a fighter. What happened to everyone saying Hardy was going to improve and be destroying people by now? For the length of time he has been fighting, there are examples of fighters that advanced much faster, guys that weren't "A level athletes."

Myth destroyed.

His eye was completely swollen shut by the time they announced the victory literally 2 minutes later. I think the fist slid up his face and across his eye. Super painful and swelled shut real fast. Even if he had somehow survived on the ground after, no way would they have let the fight continue.
If you look at Hardy, it was clear he didn't WANT to continue. He was seriously dotted up, there was no protest there.

If you look at Hardy, it was clear he didn't WANT to continue. He was seriously dotted up, there was no protest there.

Agreed, but then again I've been punched in the eye a few times and it hurts like fuck. Worse than a broken nose (Which I've also had a few times).

You could see him literally scream in pain as he fell.

Agreed, but then again I've been punched in the eye a few times and it hurts like fuck. Worse than a broken nose (Which I've also had a few times).

You could see him literally scream in pain as he fell.
lol, and he thought football was tough.

lol, and he thought football was tough.

Football is tough but they literally shoot up with painkillers before games start and juice like maniacs, especially the stuff that speeds up healing so there is that to consider.

lol at people hugging Hardy's nuts over his clownshow in this fight. Hardy is proof positive that being an NFL star, which makes you an "A level athlete" lol, doesn't mean you can do anything as a fighter. What happened to everyone saying Hardy was going to improve and be destroying people by now? For the length of time he has been fighting, there are examples of fighters that advanced much faster, guys that weren't "A level athletes."

Myth destroyed.

I don't think the myth is exactly "destroyed" because of one sample.

Hardy started fighting less than four years ago. Started in the UFC three years ago. He's finished most of the cans he was fed so maybe that gave him some (unearned?) confidence.

If any other novice fighter that started with a spark said those words he would have gained half of sherdog. Since you want to see an NFL player who had a spark in the NFL for a couple years lose so badly you forget the fact he did very well in the UFC but has met a wall of inexperience he admits. I don’t like the man because of things outside of fighting other than that war Greg Hardy. Haters are haters

I dont know that you can say he's done "very well". He's lost to every legit fighter they put him against and the guys he beat are all bottom of the barrel UFC wise.

Theyll probably have him KO another guy near the chopping block like Collier.

I don't think the myth is exactly "destroyed" because of one sample.

Hardy started fighting less than four years ago. Started in the UFC three years ago. He's finished most of the cans he was fed so maybe that gave him some (unearned?) confidence.
Actually, the myth is obliterated. The myth was not a generalization, but an absolute- if you remember, it was that NFL athletes are a mile above and beyond the lowly MMA athletes, and any of them could come in and obliterate people in the UFC. Hardy is an All-pro, not your average NFL player, but an exceptional one. 4 years is barely shorter than Gane's overall pro fighting career, made his debut in Muy Tai in 2016, MMA in 2018, and he would make a bitch out of Hardy. Hardy is still miles from competing for any kind of title in the UFC, and I'm sorry, but he just will never be that good, he doesn't have the aptitude as a fighter.

Back