News Gregor Gillespie calls out Paul Felder

rather go with this:
Felder vs. winner of Iaquinta-Hooker (UFC 243)
Gillespie vs. Islam Makhachev or Charles Oliveira

Gillespie vs. Makhachev would be great to see how a elite D1 wrestler stacks up against a Dagestani with a legit sambo/wrestling background

Gregor vs Islam would be super fun, but generally (not always, but usually) the UFC holds off on matching up prospects as long as possible. They'd rather have the newer guys (I'm saying "newer" because Gregor isn't that young--although he doesn't have a lot of MMA miles on him) fight the older guys who were contenders but who are slipping a bit. Or at least guys who are established and not considered "prospects" anymore.

The Oliveira fight makes more sense though, I like that. Ranked right next to each other, and it will show how Gregor deals with a real submission threat on the ground. Won't answer every question by a long shot but it will show some things for sure.

Talk about a shitty deal in call outs

Take on two guys ranked below you that would easily kick your ass

Felder would get wrestlefucked into a living death.

He's scared of Islam, Islam would destroy him.

I won't comment on the second part of your post, if you think that, all good. I disagree but that's just our separate opinions about that potential fight and we're both entitled.

The first part though, why do people say stupid shit like this? Gregor is "scared" of him? What evidence do you have of this? None? It's not like you're the only one to do this, but each and every time it just makes the poster sound like a moron.

Gillespie is going to go from "I don't like to call out fighters" to call somebody every week

He's finally calling out names. Should've done it years ago.

Gillespie is going to go from "I don't like to call out fighters" to call somebody every week

I'm guessing he's been trying to get a fight for a while and realizing he is getting nowhere by staying silent.

Gregor vs Islam would be super fun, but generally (not always, but usually) the UFC holds off on matching up prospects as long as possible. They'd rather have the newer guys (I'm saying "newer" because Gregor isn't that young--although he doesn't have a lot of MMA miles on him) fight the older guys who were contenders but who are slipping a bit. Or at least guys who are established and not considered "prospects" anymore.

The Oliveira fight makes more sense though, I like that. Ranked right next to each other, and it will show how Gregor deals with a real submission threat on the ground. Won't answer every question by a long shot but it will show some things for sure.
Agreed. Who do you think Islam should fight next then? Hernandez is still out injured I believe.

Probably. I originally thought he'd be super undersized at LW but he told a fan on Instagram a few weeks ago he weighs 192...somehow.

He is pretty undersized for LW.

gregor-gillespie-yancy-medeiros-ufc-on-espn-plus-1-ceremonial-weigh-ins.jpg

Yancy with Max
hawaiian-fighters-max-holloway-and-yancy-medeiros-pose-for-a-photo-in-picture-id692043334

Is Al Iaquinta healthy or scheduled to fight anybody? Havent seen anybody suggest this fight yet and its a good one. They're both right next to each other in the rankings i think? Could be a good co main event and seems like everybody else is already matched up for now. I'd imagine Paul would like some deserved time off though so maybe he'll wait for the division to shake out and see what happens.

As for Gillespie, I think Oliveira would be an entertaining style matchup and a step up for him. UFC may want to match Charles up with Lentz for the fourth time though.

yeah i get that, but because of all the Khabib vs. elite wrestler talk i think they should test Gillespie against someone with a similar style, and that's where Makhachev fits perfectly

Gillespie vs. Oliveira would be bloody fun too, Oliveira could tune him up on the feet so not grappling wouldn't be a option for Makhachev like it was against Ramos

He saw Barboza take him down and knew he couldn’t lose.

Probably. I originally thought he'd be super undersized at LW but he told a fan on Instagram a few weeks ago he weighs 192...somehow.
Yeah, I remember him manhandling Jason Gonzalez who's one of the bigger lightweights with decent clinch work. Gregor didn't look small in there.

Wow seriously? That was the thing I thought too...that he might be better suited for FW. Guess not.

I'm guessing he's been trying to get a fight for a while and realizing he is getting nowhere by staying sioent.

I guess he needs some money for all that fishing gear

Would be a full weight class difference in size. Felder looked bigger than Perry @WW.

Though I'd rather see Felder vs. the winner of Raging Al/Booked. And I'd love for Gregor to fight Islam.

MMA fight.
LOL this hug-n-rub thinks he's more than a leg humper.

Back