News Gregor Gillespie calls out Paul Felder

He is pretty undersized for LW.

gregor-gillespie-yancy-medeiros-ufc-on-espn-plus-1-ceremonial-weigh-ins.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg
Which is what I'd always thought, in terms of height and reach at least. He says the cuts are pretty challenging though, I don't think he'd be at as much of a strength disadvantage as some people think.

Probably. I originally thought he'd be super undersized at LW but he told a fan on Instagram a few weeks ago he weighs 192...somehow.
Thick bones maybe? I've met some guys who look like bony sticks but are heavier than thicker guys of the same height.

Agreed. Who do you think Islam should fight next then? Hernandez is still out injured I believe.

Barboza? They both just fought on that card.

Better than the Pettis call out at least. I can't imagine Felder wanting Gregor or Islam who also called him out over the weekend, he'll be waiting on the Cerrone/Gaethje result most likely.

Thankfully, that leaves these two prospects waiting for a fight...

Gregor v s islam would be a fun fight

Barboza? They both just fought on that card.
He's faced an absolute murderers row in the past few years haha, but there literally isn't any other guy in the top 15 Islam could fight unless he sits out for a while.

Funny how Gregor calls out fighters and hears crickets....

No one wants to fight him?

Funny how Gregor calls out fighters and hears crickets....

No one wants to fight him?
He's an extremely high risk/low reward fight for any top 10 so you can't blame them. At least he's actually engaging in it now and putting his name out there.

I don't really know why, but I just can't get behind Gillespie and if it happens, I hope Felder kicks his ass badly

The sharks smell blood. Felder looked bad (winging haymakers and no wrestling) against Barboza and crying after the fight.

Gillespie is a fine prospect but why is he ranked so high? Has he beaten a top 30 155er yet? Top 40?? 50???

Let me help you

1) he's undefeated
2) he has 5 finishes in 6 UFC fights
3) pretty obvious anyone ranked is scared to lose to him

And Yancy Meideiros, his last opponent, is no can

He's faced an absolute murderers row in the past few years haha, but there literally isn't any other guy in the top 15 Islam could fight unless he sits out for a while.

I mean, if you did Gregor vs Oliveira then I guess Felder would be available. But it's more likely they'd do Islam/Oliveira and Gillespie/Felder. Which honestly, as a fan would not be as good because it doesn't answer any questions about Gillespie imo. We know he can smother, beat up, and strangle guys who are primarily strikers. Felder would clearly be the best of them he's faced, but Gregor still likely wins a lopsided decision. And we already saw Islam shut down a top bjj guy, we don't need to see him vs Oliveira (even though Charles has seemed to improve his striking). Stylistically Gregor/Olives and Islam/Felder is way better imo, but rankings-wise I doubt they'd do it that way. That's why Barboza for Islam is more intriguing to me than Oliveira. Different style.

Better than the Pettis call out at least. I can't imagine Felder wanting Gregor or Islam who also called him out over the weekend, he'll be waiting on the Cerrone/Gaethje result most likely.

Thankfully, that leaves these two prospects waiting for a fight...

Oh brother, Gillespie is still ducking this guy 20190910_210320.jpg

Charles Oliveira is the matchup I'd try to make for Gregor. Everyone ranked above him outside of Do Bronx has a fight lined up or recently fought.

Felder had some big cuts & bruises I doubt he fights again until JAN/FEB At the earliest.

Gillespie is a fine prospect but why is he ranked so high? Has he beaten a top 30 155er yet? Top 40?? 50???
Baffling how he's ranked 11th.

Back