GSP back in his bag

I never understood why it was important to study dinosaurs or why we should pay "paleontologist" for that. So ok the spinosaurus was a bit bigger than the T-Rex. Except buying toys for my kid what is the consequence ? Yawn

Last edited:
I never understood why it was important to study dinosaurs or why we should pay "paleontologist" for that. So on the spinosaurus was a bit bigger than the T-Rex. Except buying toys for my kid what is the consequence ? Yawn
Nobody said you have to be interested in them. Are you personally paying any paleontologists? No?

Then what the actual fuck are you talking about?

Show some respect to the modern T Rex

bVdGIdc.jpg

Dinosaurs are cool tho
undoubtedly. That's their only usefulness tho. Toys and movies.

Nobody said you have to be interested in them. Are you personally paying any paleontologists? No?

I'm saying that this whole field of study seems pointless to me. It's not like geologists or botanists or zoologists who are doing something that humanity can actually benefit from. Dinosaurs study is just for folklore it doesn't bring anything.

Who’s the ‘we’ that’s paying paleontologists?

You’re a stone cold retard
The government is since they're public servants in most countries, at least in Europe they are as they work in universities and museums.

I'm fine personally, you don't seem to be able to articulate your idea very eloquently yourself this

I never understood why it was important to study dinosaurs or why we should pay "paleontologist" for that. So ok the spinosaurus was a bit bigger than the T-Rex. Except buying toys for my kid what is the consequence ? Yawn
"Studying dinosaurs has played a key role in developing evolutionary theory and other scientific concepts, such as plate tectonics and biogeography. All of these pursuits arise as a result of humanity's innate curiosity to investigate how our world works and where we fit within the natural world we see around us"

It is like all the people saying "why go to space?" because they do not understand what it already have given us, but also the potential of what it can give us in the long run.

Basically a big angry chicken without wings.

Also dinosaurs are very cool and we learn a lot from them about evolution and life on earth, but definitely money could be spent on more practical and applicable research topics if we want to be cynical.

"Studying dinosaurs has played a key role in developing evolutionary theory and other scientific concepts, such as plate tectonics and biogeography. All of these pursuits arise as a result of humanity's innate curiosity to investigate how our world works and where we fit within the natural world we see around us"

It is like all the people saying "why go to space?" because they do not understand what it already have given us, but also the potential of what it can give us in the long run.

But space is here. We're studying something that is always expanding as we are speaking and we also have great use for it to launch satellites and study stars and planets. Also space is pretty freakin unbelievably interesting. Speed of light and black holes are related to time distortion theories and it's absolutely fascinating.

How do dinosaurs explain tectonics plates? It's purely geological studies and a geology field. Find me someone who explains how earthquakes and volcanoes work through an Ankylosaurus or a Triceratops. There isn't you open geology books for that.

If someone is interested in dinosaurs it's cool, but their study do not serve any purpose for the human race. It's absolutely pointless.

But space is here. We're studying something that is always expanding as we are speaking and we also have great use for it to launch satellites and study stars and planets. Also space is pretty freakin unbelievably interesting. Speed of light and black holes are related to time distortion theories and it's absolutely fascinating.

How do dinosaurs explain tectonics plates? It's purely geological studies and a geology field. Find me someone who explains how earthquakes and volcanoes work through an Ankylosaurus or a Triceratops. There isn't you open geology books for that.

If someone is interested in dinosaurs it's cool, but their study do not serve any purpose for the human race. It's absolutely pointless.
I agree 100% on space -and still people will say exactly the same thing about space science as you say about dinosaurs.

I believe the tectonic plates thing is about where dinosaurs were found, why they migrated, how, and when. But this is more advanced then what I have knowledge of.

"Paleontology is highly relevant to the modern and future world. We can learn how climate change has effected past organisms as well as how organisms have changed the physical world. We can also better understand the principles of extinction, evolutionary change, and biodiversity."

And I think it is important to point out that paleontologists don't just study dinosaurs -

"What is the point of paleontology?

Paleontology

Paleontology is the study of the history of life on Earth as based on fossils. Fossils are the remains of plants, animals, fungi, bacteria, and single-celled living things that have been replaced by rock material or impressions of organisms preserved in rock."

Edit: You have some good questions though, and if I was you, I would ask them to someone who knows about the subject - like here https://www.reddit.com/r/Paleontology/

Everyone knows that NSA spies on dinosaurs with space telescopes.

NSA is a Soros-owned liberal government agency funded by our tax dollars as a way to funnel money to the DNC.

Do you even understand paleontology? You need to listen to more They Might Be Giants.

Pot, kettle, black.

QED.

-99s

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back