GSP Takedowns (GIF)

Big GSP fan but I worry about when his time will come and how much the haters will pile on him, even though hes never been anything but respectful and was the best representative the sport has ever had IMO. I thought the Bisping fight was too much of a risk. Looking back now it's easy to say GSP would have won, but at the time a lot of people were picking Bisping, and I wasn't even sure if GSP could win that fight. Now he wants Khabib who's 27-0 undefeated in his prime. GSP is insane, I support him but I worry about what could happen.
No one's going to pile on GSP if he loses to Khabib. On the opposite, I think even the haters will take it easy on GSP if this happens. The reason for this is very simple: GSP is Khabib's childhood hero and his rolemodel. If GSP loses to Khabib, both haters and fans will view the loss as a historical "changing of the guard" moment when the young man defeats his childhood hero and takes his place. GSP will inspire both fans and haters even in defeat.

GSP would be the GOAT if Jones wasn't around

I agree with your post aside f

Just one thing. A lot of people say it's the Serra loss that made GSP develop his non risk taking, boring style. But after the Serra loss he's had several finishes, including Hughes 3 (Submission), Serra 2 (TKO), Penn 2 (Stoppage) and he damn near killed Jon Fitch which was one of his most exciting fights to watch.

I think it's the title defenses that made him start playing it safe. It's hard to look good and take risks against high level contenders.

Well, it's hard to point to anything aside from the Serra loss that would be a valid reason for him to suddenly gear more towards his wrestling. He had Matt Hughes number, Serra would probably hate to hear it but it was a fluke win, 9 times out of 10 GSP wins a fight between them and I don't think Serra if he put aside his ego would deny that, and it's not like Fitch was knocking people out left and right.

Penn was always a quitter, he's very much like McGregor in that there is a certain window where the chances of him whooping your ass is high and then if he can't close the deal within a certain amount of time he wilts.

I think he saw Serra as mostly a ground fighter and got caught off guard. I never saw him go toe to toe with a striker after that and if he did it was always very anxious for him, you could tell and he had a couple close calls like in his fight with Condit where he got head kicked. Him teeing off on Fitch doesn't count in my mind, sorry. To each their own though lol.

Here it is

giphy.gif
His balance was insane there. BJ Pennesque

Actually there is Shields and Koshcheck. The other ones are Alves and Condit. Where are all the strikers aside from those 2? It's also the fights I had at hand. He took down a bunch of very competent wrestlers. I don't have the time to go through all of his fights.

I said Koshcheck. And Shields is a wrestler turned submission artist just like Michael Johnson is a wrestler turned striker. Not impressive to take them down. And lets not kid eachother you've got plenty of time on your hands. Make something better.

I said Koshcheck. And Shields is a wrestler turned submission artist just like Michael Johnson is a wrestler turned striker. Not impressive to take them down. And lets not kid eachother you've got plenty of time on your hands. Make something better.
Lmao gtfo and do it yourself

Who would you consider to have better takedowns? You also have to consider the opponents. GSP took down wrestlers
Khabib has a more diverse repertoire of takedowns and finishes. His trips, body locks, low single, and head insides are better overall. I think he scrambles better too.

GSP has a perfectly timed double and head outside single. His head inside to a dump was pretty good too. His wrestling benefits from his effective striking.

If they wrestled Khabib would tech him. But this is MMA, so I'm not really sure who has better offensive wrestling in MMA.

PED Alves had legendary take down defense when he fought GSP.

I think Khabib has superior GnP, but there is no question that Georges takedown ability is unmatched. Levels above Khabib's
Blast double legs? Sure. But chain takedown attemps? Khabib takes the cake.

Blast double legs? Sure. But chain takedown attemps? Khabib takes the cake.
Yea.... Attemps.. lol

Khabib has a 45% takedown success rate.

GSP has 74% success rate.

2 different worlds

Yeah. But nobody would stop the takedowns from gsp and fitch back in those days.

That is why he is the GOAT for me. Nobody was taking Alves down at that time. And GSP just threw him around. GSP was on another level. Watching his brilliance was pure joy.

Been working on some GIFS lately. And since there have been a lot of talk about Khabib vs GSP, I decided to make a gif showcasing GSP's takedown ability.

Best double legger in UFC history imo. His timing is impeccable.

It took a while since I used bits from different fights. There are so many more but unfourtunately I could only make the gif 15 seconds long.

giphy.gif
GSP is the GOAT!!!

Anyone got gifs of GSP taking down bisping??

Everyone said he would be too big to take down

Been working on some GIFS lately. And since there have been a lot of talk about Khabib vs GSP, I decided to make a gif showcasing GSP's takedown ability.

Best double legger in UFC history imo. His timing is impeccable.

It took a while since I used bits from different fights. There are so many more but unfourtunately I could only make the gif 15 seconds long.

giphy.gif
Very nostalgic watching that. Truly a legend and number 1 on my goat list.

Back