GSP vs Hendricks was not a robbery!

Nope he got his face smashed in. Gsp looked gassed and slow against Bisping post usada. I think post usada GSP wouldnt be top 15 WW today
HAHAHAHAH GSP would still be WW champ, if you think that snoozefest between Usman and Colby was an indication of the ' new breed' then you have no idea. Good fighters dont cancel each other out because they are too timid to fight their game ' just in case' .

Round one was the debatable one.

If you think Johnny one the first, he won the fight

Somebody's got no reading comprehension and/or are searching for easy likes from idiots.

tenor.gif

Johnny Hendricks landed the much better and definitely much harder shots in round 2 but only in the 1st minute of the round. The other 4 minutes GSP managed to catch up with the strikes and was jabbing Big Rigg’s face up. Watch the 2nd round again and see for yourself.

Furthermore, the commentary really made GSP look more hurt than he actually was. He didn’t even wobble or anything just got a bruise.
Round 2 | 10-9 Hendricks
1st Minute: Hendricks; striking (wobbled GSP)
2nd Minute: Hendricks; striking, clinch
3rd Minute: GSP; striking
4th Minute: GSP; striking
5th Minute: Draw; striking

If you ignore the fact that Hendricks wobbled GSP, then the round could be close enough to call a draw, but that's not reality, so scoring that round for Hendricks is an easy choice.

The fight's score comes down to how one judged the first round (R2&4 are Hendricks, R3&5 are GSP):

Round 1
1st Minute: GSP; takedown, guillotine attempt
2nd Minute: Hendricks; punch/elbow while defending takedown.
3rd Minute: Hendricks; takedown, clinch
4th Minute: GSP; striking
5th Minute: Draw; clinch, striking

The fight was close enough that it's not a robbery to call either of them the winner (personally I thought it was a draw).

Haters like to cite GSP's bruised face, but I'm not even a fan of GSP and I think that kind of logic is silly given what GSP looked like after the Diaz fight (a fight in which GSP dominated Diaz):

gsp.0.jpg

I personally called it for Hendricks, but I don't think it's as egregious a robbery as some make it out to be, at least as far as MMA scoring is concerned. Rounds 3 and 5 were pretty clear for GSP, 2 and 4 clear for Hendricks (at least in my mind). I could see if you're a judge cageside with a bad viewing angle, and without Joe Rogan in your ear, you could make a case for Round 1 going to GSP.

That said, this is one of those fights that really highlights the problem with the 10-point must system, and scoring rounds almost like individual fights. GSP took a beating that night.

Still a big GSP fan though. And although I was surprised by the result, good on GSP for digging deep in the 5th. Champ shit right there.

It all comes down to round 1 as the other rounds were very clear for either fighter. Round 1 is one of the closest rounds I have ever seen in any fight. Both fighters had moments. The fight was basically a draw.

Round 1 even
Round 2 Hendricks
Round 3 GSP
Round 4 Hendricks
Round 5 GSP

Hendricks And this is something I have said about this fight before.

He also lost because on the night he brought with him complete and total morons to be in his corner. They were cheerleading his efforts the entire fight. Acting like it was a complete shut out. I think he took his foot off the gas tank listening to those tools in the corner. GSP Obviously needed to win round 5 To have any chance at the decision. And he won it pretty clearly.

Watched it for the 2nd time since it happened. Initially i had it for Hendricks for sure but i think that the fight was so close with a dominant champion that you want to give props to the challenger.

Round 1 I scored it for Hendricks, close round.

Round 2: Hendricks landed some good shots in the beginning but he didn’t hurt him as much as the commentary made it out to be. GSP wasn’t even wobbled or anything. Most of the round took place in the centre of the octagon and I thought personally GSP landed the better shots (left hooks and jabs) I scored it for GSP for dominating most of the round

Round 3: Definitely GSP

Round 4: Definitely Big Rigg

Round 5: GSP was better.

48-47 GSP. Watch it again without paying much attention to Joe and Goldie and I think you would score it the same as I did. TBH you could even make an argument that George won the 1st round.
i have it exactly the same way every time i watch it too

Wasn’t a robbery like Maldonado vs Fedor but it was a pretty bad mistake with a title on the line.

GSP got lucky for the win but unlucky he was hurt so badly
He got rocked briefly in round two, after that he recovered and he was never hurt again. He never got dropped. The damage to his face some fighters just bruise and cut up easily. Thin skin, genetics whatever. He wasn’t badly beaten up..

What’s your point? Gastelum best Bisping even easier. You can’t even say Bisping, because the name Bisping has a definite fighter skill attached to that name. Instead you like to say MW champ. Everyone knows man.

Gastelum beat a softened up Bisping 2 weeks after GSP knocked him down, landed about 12 vicious elbows and then choked him uncoucious. That win should been awarded to GSP.

I'm pretty sure I saw GSP win the MW belt post USADA to become one of only a small handful of UFC double weight class champs. Things didn't end well for Johny, but hopefully Big Rigg was able to hang on to his cool pick-up truck...

GSP Nov 2017

Johny Hendricks Nov 2018

Not even a real double champ when he only had 0 fights at MW prior to the fight. Also scared to defend his belt. Big Rigg destroyed him, that's the truth

Not even a real double champ when he only had 0 fights at MW prior to the fight. Also scared to defend his belt. Big Rigg destroyed him, that's the truth
Actually GSP had the same amount of successful title defenses at 185 as Hendricks had at 170...none. But its a full decade of excellence, two belts to one, many successful WW title defenses and Top 3 or Top 5 in most GOAT lists. The Hendricks legacy is "what the hell happened to that guy", "what a long hard fall" and "pre USADA Hendricks". Hendricks is certainly in the conversation of Top 5 WW fighters ever, but you have to admit the bottom fell out and this guy had nothing in the tank for several years...GSP was consistently excellent his entire career and therein lies the difference. BTW I have Jon Jones as my #1 GOAT although he has looked vulnerable of late. Jon Jones, Anderson Silva, Fedor, Mighty Mouse, GSP, Khabib and perhaps Aldo, Cormier and Cejudo are on my GOAT list.

Last edited:
Actually GSP had the same amount of successful title defenses at 185 as Hendricks had at 170...none. But its a full decade of excellence, two belts to one, many successful WW title defenses and Top 3 or Top 5 in most GOAT lists. The Hendricks legacy is "what the hell happened to that guy", "what a long hard fall" and "pre USADA Hendricks". Hendricks is certainly in the conversation of Top 5 WW fighters ever, but you have to admit the bottom fell out and this guy had nothing in the tank for several years...GSP was consistently excellent his entire career and therein lies the difference. BTW I have Jon Jones as my #1 GOAT although he has looked vulnerable of late. Jon Jones, Anderson Silva, Fedor, Mighty Mouse, GSP, Khabib and perhaps Aldo and Cormier are on my GOAT list.
The IV Ban and not being disciplined destroyed Hendricks. I also think the war he had with Lawler affected him

This just comes down to basic fucking common sense. Gsp took a whooping - it was a robbery .....and on the biggest stage.
#25-3

Gastelum beat a softened up Bisping 2 weeks after GSP knocked him down, landed about 12 vicious elbows and then choked him uncoucious. That win should been awarded to GSP.
Bisping has always always been soft. That’s why people like you call him “MW champ that beat Anderson Silva” instead of using his name, Michael Bisping.

Bisping is about as soft as they come. Gastelum was just the first top 10 MW Bisping fought since Rockhold’s first fight against him. Bisping was completely outmatches and soft.

Last edited:
Actually GSP had the same amount of successful title defenses at 185 as Hendricks had at 170...none. But its a full decade of excellence, two belts to one, many successful WW title defenses and Top 3 or Top 5 in most GOAT lists. The Hendricks legacy is "what the hell happened to that guy", "what a long hard fall" and "pre USADA Hendricks". Hendricks is certainly in the conversation of Top 5 WW fighters ever, but you have to admit the bottom fell out and this guy had nothing in the tank for several years...GSP was consistently excellent his entire career and therein lies the difference. BTW I have Jon Jones as my #1 GOAT although he has looked vulnerable of late. Jon Jones, Anderson Silva, Fedor, Mighty Mouse, GSP, Khabib and perhaps Aldo, Cormier and Cejudo are on my GOAT list.
GSP didn’t even attempt. He just vacated, said he has colitis, then looked for his next money fight vs Mayweather or McGregor.

Bisping has always always been soft. That’s why people like you call him “MW champ that beat Anderson Silva” instead of using his name, Michael Bisping.

Bisping is about as soft as they come. Gastelum was just the first top 10 MW Bisping fought since Rockhold’s first fight against him. Bisping was completely outmatches and soft.

Bisping has been finished 5 times in 39 fights. "As soft as they come" my fucking ass. What does that makes Silva then? He was finished 5 times as well.

Back