GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition (Releases 11/10/21)

Will the remake of San Andreas still have the toy helicopter mission? If so, I'm out.

Wasn't that Vice City? The one where you have to place bombs in a building?

You might be confusing it with the Zero mission from SA, which was similar and also notoriously maddening. I believe it was optional though, unlike the helicopter mission. At least as far as I can remember, it was optional.

Wasn't that Vice City? The one where you have to place bombs in a building?

You might be confusing it with the Zero mission from SA, which was similar and also notoriously maddening. I believe it was optional though, unlike the helicopter mission. At least as far as I can remember, it was optional.

You're right, it was the Zero mission with a toy airplane, not a toy helicopter. Yes it was optional

Companies are remastering old games a lot nowadays

Updated VC complete with original soundtrack is a day one thing.

It's coming this year and they can't show us what it looks like? Really?!

I hope I'm wrong but I'm really sensing a lazy cash grab here. My prediction is HD textures and a movable camera for 3 and VC and that's it.

Last edited:
It's coming this year and they can't show us what it looks like? Really?!

I hope I'm wrong but I'm really sensing a lazy cash grab here. My prediction is HD textures and a movable camera for 3 and VC and that's it.

Im expecting to be underwhelmed. Maybe I’ll be surprised.

I mean they’re getting my money either way, I just don’t expect much. But I’ve been wanting to play Vice City with free roaming camera since San Andreas came out.

Im expecting to be underwhelmed. Maybe I’ll be surprised.

I mean they’re getting my money either way, I just don’t expect much. But I’ve been wanting to play Vice City with free roaming camera since San Andreas came out.
I own all of these digitally. Every few years I fire them up and am reminded how poorly they've aged. I loved these games, particularly Vice City, but aside from maybe driving around they're awful to play. A fully movable camera isn't going to be enough for me.

Makes me sad because Rockstar and Bethesda are my favorite developers over the last 20 years but both seem more interested in making cash on old/online versions of their games.

I own all of these digitally. Every few years I fire them up and am reminded how poorly they've aged. I loved these games, particularly Vice City, but aside from maybe driving around they're awful to play. A fully movable camera isn't going to be enough for me.

Makes me sad because Rockstar and Bethesda are my favorite developers over the last 20 years but both seem more interested in making cash on old/online versions of their games.
I only have the digital San Andreas version that they released on the 360 so I’m looking forward to having Vice City and III digitally.

I’ve tried to play Vice City on the PS2 a few times recently but the controls just ruin it for me and I don’t make it very far before moving onto something else. Maybe they’ll update the shooting mechanics and inventory wheel too.

I was hoping for ground up remakes and I honestly believe these games are worth the effort. I was disappointed that Nintendo didn’t remake Mario 64 or Sunshine for the Mario Anniversary Collection too. Classic games deserve to be updated every now and then.

But I’ll still be getting the GTA trilogy. It might not be what I was hoping for but it should be fun to revisit the older games. I don’t think the graphics will look much better. The sound needs a lot of work. It was very choppy in those older games.

I also hope this leads to them updating Bully and The Warriors too.

I hope they’ve at least done enough to the gameplay to make it more modern feeling.

I would like an updated Red Dead Redemption as well.

I just heard the other day it could be in unreal engine. Either way, I look forward to seeing these titles updated. Better be a $39-49 game though.

Better be a $39-49 game though.

Highly highly doubt it.

This is Rockstar we're talking about here, where they charge $110 (real dollars) for a jet to fly around in GTA Online.

If this 'remastering' for the PS5/XBX looks as good as GTA5 will supposedly look on it, it'll be worth the $70 for all three games as long as everything has been updated to today's standards.

It's looking like it could be $60 for last gen (ps4,xbox one and switch) and $70 for the new current gen (PS5 , xbox series s/x)

https://www.videogameschronicle.com...asters-could-cost-70-according-to-a-retailer/

Highly highly doubt it.

This is Rockstar we're talking about here, where they charge $110 (real dollars) for a jet to fly around in GTA Online.

If this 'remastering' for the PS5/XBX looks as good as GTA5 will supposedly look on it, it'll be worth the $70 for all three games as long as everything has been updated to today's standards.

That's disappointing. I love the games they put out, but they've been living off of GTA 5 for so long. I know it's a business, but it would be nice if they gave their customer base a deal since GTA 6 isn't gracing our systems anytime soon.

That's disappointing. I love the games they put out, but they've been living off of GTA 5 for so long. I know it's a business, but it would be nice if they gave their customer base a deal since GTA 6 isn't gracing our systems anytime soon.

You're preaching to the choir on that one.

I've made LONG rants throughout the years about how GTA5's story was BEGGING to be expanded upon in expansions, but they never bothered to make expansions because of all the idiots on GTA Online giving Rockstar billions and billions of dollars.

Yet, those same idiots are also complaining that Rockstar hasn't made any expansions or bothered to make GTA6. Gee I wonder why, assholes.

That rant could be related to how internet connectivity to games have been an overall net negative, when compared to the net positives of online gaming.

If this is just a HD upgrade, I'm not that interested. Love all 3 games but tried to replay Vice City and San Andreas last year....the controls do not hold up. Gunplay feels clunky and boring as hell, driving is awful.

The fact that they are being released on iOS and Android confirms (to me anyway) that it’s only going to be a slight improvement on the originals. Nothing special or even worth repurchasing if you still own the originals

Back