Guitar Players

Been using this pedal for a couple of months now all I've got to say is HOLY SHIT. It's so much fun, I feel like a rockstar whenever i use it. Trying to build my pedalboard now.

Sounds exactly like I thought it would. Sounds cool, I'm a Marshall fan but it seems like Friedman just builds Marshalls.

blue jackson randy rhoads flying V

Marshall stack and rocktron effects box.

With those 3 chords, you can probably play every AC/DC song.
Or he can play "Closer to the Heart" and pretend he can play Rush songs! As a left-handed guitarist, I find it very hard to find the perfect guitar for me. It's a long and difficult process where you need to pay just to try the freaking guitar before buying it.

I don't mean they make you pay to try. I mean: just to find the guitar you want to try, you have to search and sometimes travel to try it. I wanted a PRS once, they told me to go try it in LA. I'm in Montreal...

I bet you're a professional player, @Juventud

You seem to have a nice collection of left-handed guitars of your favorite color and I find it suspicious! I always have to pick colors I don't really like because, well, I don't have the choice or the money to choose. The only time I fell on a good deal, it was because another left-handed guitarist could not afford his dream.

Back in 2003, I spotted a unique guitar at my favorite Music Store (Montreal's Steve's). An Alembic Skylark custom. The guitar was made to specifications but the guy only put a deposit and never came back. They had to keep the guitar on hold for a whole year before selling it and I was lucky enough to enter the store on that very day.

Of course, it has become my main axe. The active pickups are overly sensitive so I must be careful with the gear I use or I get interferences! When I switch them on "bright", the guitar sounds like wailing banshee. "Normal" mode is more appropriate for rock or metal but a quick switch for the solo will make it shine!

Here's the beast in all it's glory:
4indvs.jpg

2ibcacm.jpg

Sounds exactly like I thought it would. Sounds cool, I'm a Marshall fan but it seems like Friedman just builds Marshalls.

i've played some friedman amps at my local guitar store and its amazing. To me they are like modded marshalls with a much better clean channel

My current two: Seagull S6 original & Aria Meister MSG-05
clO82se.jpg

Real guitarists play acoustic

I just scored my first ever, American made fender precision bass a couple of months ago.

Previous to that I was playing an Ibanez soundgear PJ pickup configuration with active electronics.

The fender is just so much better, it sounds amazing. The only thing I had to get used to was that it had higher action than my Ibanez. Significantly higher actually. I was going to lower the saddles but I decided to play around with the higher action and found that I quite like the clearer tone I'm getting with it.

Or he can play "Closer to the Heart" and pretend he can play Rush songs! As a left-handed guitarist, I find it very hard to find the perfect guitar for me. It's a long and difficult process where you need to pay just to try the freaking guitar before buying it.

I don't mean they make you pay to try. I mean: just to find the guitar you want to try, you have to search and sometimes travel to try it. I wanted a PRS once, they told me to go try it in LA. I'm in Montreal...

I bet you're a professional player, @Juventud

You seem to have a nice collection of left-handed guitars of your favorite color and I find it suspicious! I always have to pick colors I don't really like because, well, I don't have the choice or the money to choose. The only time I fell on a good deal, it was because another left-handed guitarist could not afford his dream.

Back in 2003, I spotted a unique guitar at my favorite Music Store (Montreal's Steve's). An Alembic Skylark custom. The guitar was made to specifications but the guy only put a deposit and never came back. They had to keep the guitar on hold for a whole year before selling it and I was lucky enough to enter the store on that very day.

Of course, it has become my main axe. The active pickups are overly sensitive so I must be careful with the gear I use or I get interferences! When I switch them on "bright", the guitar sounds like wailing banshee. "Normal" mode is more appropriate for rock or metal but a quick switch for the solo will make it shine!

Here's the beast in all it's glory:
4indvs.jpg

2ibcacm.jpg
That alembic is a beautiful guitar. What a find!!!

That alembic is a beautiful guitar. What a find!!!
It would be a lucky find if it were a normal guitar. A custom left-handed Alembic? Not a coincidence: meant to be!

Been playing on and off for years, never fully committed to it unfortunately though. I recently bought some books that teach you how to play some of my favorite songs so I'll be trying to get back into it again.

I have nothing worth posting in terms of my guitars though, nothing fancy, just some basic ones that are good for beginners and practicing. My main Nylon string guitar cost 100$, its nothing special, but it gets the job done. I have another wooden, steel string guitar that is nicer, but the neck is fucked up and the strings are far from the fretboard meaning you have to press down really hard to get it to make a sound, shit hurts my fingers. Haven't gotten around to getting it fixed.

My roommate sophomore year of college back in 2000-2001 played really well. He'd sit at his computer with his takamine and play whatever was on the radio while stoned and doing his homework. Incredibly talented. He'd let me pick around and showed me some really really basic stuff. My grandparents owned a music store and were Fender and Martin dealers, so I bought a super cheap Fender acoustic that summer just to try to learn what I could find on my own. I taught myself to read tablature and figured out how to play chords and power chords, which suck on an acoustic IMO. Right before they retired and closed the store, I bought a blue Fender Squier Strat pack that had a little goofy amp and a gig bag, then I bought one of those mix style pedals that has 99 presets and 14 configurable settings. It will mimic all kinds of classic amp and pedal sounds but isn't really robust enough that a pro would use it. I pretty much screwed this guitar up when I changed out the white pickguard for a gray granite looking one and haven't adjusted the pickups back yet, and that was at least 8 years ago.

My newest guitar is a Martin DX1AE I bought about 6 years ago. It's essentially Martin's version of the Squier or Epiphone lines, a made-in-Mexico alternative that has a solid spruce top and a great looking neck. It sounds every bit as good to my untrained ears as a $2500 Martin. I just really like the warm and smooth tone it puts out with Silk & Steel strings.

I still suck, can't keep a pick in my fingers well, but at least I taught myself how to play Dust in the Wind and some older Metallica songs, so there is that. I can fingerpick on a 4/4 time signature and strum some basic chord progressions, play Dueling Banjos and some other neat party trick songs. I'd love to be better and play more, but I have too many hobbies and too much on my plate to devote more than a few minutes a month. Maybe one day...

I just got a new guitar last week. It's a left-handed Firestarter, by an Aussie company, Gaskell Guitars. It's like a Firebird. Gaskell only makes left-handed axes. It's like a toffee apple-burst colour, well that's how it looks to me anyway.
I do have some pics but when i tried to upload them i got the message the files were too big! I'll try and load up some small ones later.
However, here is the link to Gaskell Guitars, if you click on the picture you can see the range of Firestarters, and some nice women too!

IMG00032.jpgIMG00031.jpgIMG00028.jpgI only have a 3G phone with a shithouse camera, that's why the pics aren't good. The guitar looks much better in real life obviously.

I played guitar for a few years.

image000001.png.jpg

Not my best instrument (see if you can guess) But I enjoy it and have had fun and written songs on guitar in the past.
Screenshot_20231023_214725_Photos.jpg
Had to give it up due to shoulder injuries but still know all my basic chords and scales so I could jam along for a campfire sing along or two should the situation present itself.

Picked up ukulele recently and the smaller body works better with my fucked up shoulder.
Screenshot_20231023_214558_Photos.jpg

I’ve been learning for just a few years (on my own, no formal lessons) although not consistently enough. I just fell in love with this baby, and I do practice more often since I got it.

IMG_2451.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back