Crime Guy RNCed on NY subway dies.

And I am 100% sure his previous random violent history will come out in during the trial.

I wouldn't be so sure about this. A lot of times judges wont allow past history in a case like this because it doesn't matter in this case. For instance what does the victims past history matter? No one on the train knew about his past history so it's like they can use it as part of their defense. The defendant has to justify his use of self defense in this scenario with the facts that were known at the time. He can't murder someone and then start researching the persons past to justify it after the fact. I'd honestly be shocked if the judge allowed it in this case.

I wouldn't be so sure about this. A lot of times judges wont allow past history in a case like this because it doesn't matter in this case. For instance what does the victims past history matter? No one on the train knew about his past history so it's like they can use to as part of their defense. I'd honestly be shocked if the judge allowed it in this case.

A criminal history is generally only allowed to be considered during sentencing for repeat offenders. Lawyers of course will often try yet it's generally not admissible for the jury.

As I already explained repeatedly a verbal threat is not an imminent threat of deadly force that would allow deadly force to be used in response. Especially in the context of one unarmed man vs an entire train car.

Bringing up his criminal record is just more evidence of the bias you have that you're not even willing to admit to yourself. No one on the train would have been aware of his criminal history.

if someone is acting erratic and screaming threats people should just believe that said person is just blowing off steam and not take them seriously until they actually attack someone or what ?

You're right that those people didn't know his criminal history...but we do. Is it hard to believe a guy that has attacked people before might do it again and was building up to it ? Ya know what else no one new ? If that guy had a weapon ....its not like we've never heard of a mental patient randomly killing someone before . It's a real damned I you do damned if you don't kinda situation.

if someone is acting erratic and screaming threats people should just believe that said person is just blowing off steam and not take them seriously until they actually attack someone or what ?

You're right that those people didn't know his criminal history...but we do. Is it hard to believe a guy that has attacked people before might do it again and was building up to it ? Ya know what else no one new ? If that guy had a weapon ....its not like we've never heard of a mental patient randomly killing someone before . It's a real damned I you do damned if you don't kinda situation.

His criminal history is irrelevant to the context. You don't charge or acquit people of crimes based on possibilities and assumption. Only what has actually happened.

I mean I get that people on the train felt threatened or scared by the guy. I've been on the subway with weirdos screaming shit too. But in terms of the law you can't kill someone just because you felt a certain way. The person needs to clearly demonstrate or engage in the use of deadly force.

A low degree manslaughter charge seems entirely appropriate for the context.

I wouldn't be so sure about this. A lot of times judges wont allow past history in a case like this because it doesn't matter in this case. For instance what does the victims past history matter? No one on the train knew about his past history so it's like they can use it as part of their defense. The defendant has to justify his use of self defense in this scenario with the facts that were known at the time. He can't murder someone and then start researching the persons past to justify it after the fact. I'd honestly be shocked if the judge allowed it in this case.
I agree. I don't believe it matters in this case. I believe the witnesses are going to play a huge part.

I have the good fortune of being ex military and very well trained in jiu jitsu. A guy who got basic hand to hand years ago is going to choke until he feels the person stop moving if he has no adrenaline running. Then there’s freak stuff like heart attacks and whatnot. So again if I see a crazy person stabbing you while peeing on you I will be sure to walk faster away from you just to be safe.
Come on don't be that way. I'm not advocating to do nothing, just that especially if you aren't proficient, then don't go choking a guy to subdue him. A bear hug around his arms from behind, taking him down and mounting, getting his attention and maintaining a verbal confrontation focused on you instead of someone more vulnerable. Look the perp is a good Samaritan but he fucked up and killed the guy by accident.

It's a Democrat run area. He's likely to get life or an extended sentence. My recommendation is to move out of Democrat run areas and don't visit them. For instance, I do not go into L.A. County (except to drive through or LAX). My neighbor's only grandson was murdered there (shot in the face as he tried to escape some thugs after his fire dancing practice). There has been no suspects arrested, no progress on the case, nothing. Don't frequent Democrat areas. Drive through them and don't stop.

It's a Democrat run area. He's likely to get life or an extended sentence. My recommendation is to move out of Democrat run areas and don't visit them. For instance, I do not go into L.A. County (except to drive through or LAX). My neighbor's only grandson was murdered there (shot in the face as he tried to escape some thugs after his fire dancing practice). There has been no suspects arrested, no progress on the case, nothing. Don't frequent Democrat areas. Drive through them and don't stop.
If only there was some way we could round them all up and send them to a place like Australia the way the British sent their criminals. <mma4>

??

He was charged with second degree manslaughter not murder lmao.

If only there was some way we could round them all up and send them to a place like Australia the way the British sent their criminals. <mma4>

lol.... I like the Aussies, so maybe in a few generations they work themselves out to be decent humans, or they breed to become the criminal master race.

Manslaughter is Murder you goof. It would have to go down to Criminal Negligence to get out of the Murder Realm.

No, murder is murder, manslaughter is manslaughter. They're entirely different crimes with different penalties.

He's charged with 2nd degree manslaughter in NY, other states often refer to it as involuntary manslaughter.

No, murder is murder, manslaughter is manslaughter. They're entirely different crimes with different penalties.

He's charged with 2nd degree manslaughter in NY, other states often refer to it as involuntary manslaughter.

Do you know what Murder 1, 2, and 3 are?

Pro-Tip: Murder 3 = Manslaughter (Not planned, no malice)

Come on don't be that way. I'm not advocating to do nothing, just that especially if you aren't proficient, then don't go choking a guy to subdue him. A bear hug around his arms from behind, taking him down and mounting, getting his attention and maintaining a verbal confrontation focused on you instead of someone more vulnerable. Look the perp is a good Samaritan but he fucked up and killed the guy by accident.
Nope I bear hug him and he can’t breathe, says so, has a heart attack and dies. Too risky for me.

Nope I bear hug him and he can’t breathe, says so, has a heart attack and dies. Too risky for me.
Now you're just being a big dummy. Floyd didn't die from the choke it was fentanyl. This guy didn't die from the choke it was a heart attack. Ok, move on, nothing to gain from your posts.

Back