Guys with long hair.

Three things:

1. If someone grabs your hair, they are currently not punching you in the back of the head with that hand, nor are they choking you with it. Also, you pretty much know where their hand is. I consider all of these things to be good things. I hope somebody pulls my hair when they mean me harm.
Having almost perfect head control with your left hand while you punch with your right is hardly a negative... Jesus-style long hair lets you wrap it around the other guy as well. Where the head goes, the body follows. It is definitely NOT a disadvantage to have head control, even if that hand isn't "doing anything else." You act as if knowing where their hand is matters in the slightest when they can ragdoll you around, fuck up your balance, screw with your vision, etc, at will.

I'm surprised how receptive the community was to this question....seriously analyzing the ins and outs of street fighting with long hair lmao. You shouldn't be street fighting to begin with.

Three things:

1. If someone grabs your hair, they are currently not punching you in the back of the head with that hand, nor are they choking you with it. Also, you pretty much know where their hand is. I consider all of these things to be good things. I hope somebody pulls my hair when they mean me harm.

2. If someone grabs your hair from behind to off-balance you, just bring your hips in close to them. You will no longer be off balance. They will be in no position to pull you off balance, and you will be in their face with two free hands while they have one. Their hair-grab will be worth nothing and they will abandon it. Better yet, maybe they hang on to it while you mash their face with your two free hands, or pull a double collar tie and show this person how a man grabs hold of somebody. While I'm on this topic, do you have any grappling or muay thai training? That's going to help you understand what I'm getting at here.

3. The one and only thing, in my opinion, that is a pure negative to having long hair is this: a knife. If someone has a knife and they want to stab me with it, my hair is one more handle by which they can get a hold of me, and I'd rather have fewer of those. That being said, having a hold of someone's hair is a pretty loose form of control, and the person whose hair is being grabbed still has a lot of freedom to move around, and I tend to be wearing clothes most of the time, so my hair is usually not the only grab-handle I happen to have attached to me.

I know plenty of competitive fighters with long hair. It doesn't seem to be a problem. If you're worried because you watch World Star videos and see girls get dragged around by their hair, ask yourself why you never see any dudes who seem to have training getting dragged around like that. I'm guessing it's not the disadvantage you seem to think it is. To all the previous posters who said they cut their's off, I can understand that. It takes a moment to tie it back and wash it after you train, maybe that time wasn't worth it for them. I like that my headgear doesn't shift around on my head when I'm sparring because my top-knot sticks through one of the openings and holds it in place.

You can always grow it back if you want to try it and change your mind.
Thanks for the tips and yes i have some grappling training but have seen no hair pulling counterstrikes.I have been looking for videos about that and only video i found where guy pulls another guys hair is Bart Vale vs Miko Bitonio fight

Use superior footwork ability to give yourself some room to avoid letting your opponent get that close in the first place. You don't want people getting that close to you at all. Unless you are in a short range close quarters situation, then if he pulls your hair, you resort to eye gouging (or, finger jab) his eyes. Don't poke them completely fatality out, just flick at it to fuck up his vision temporary. Then chop his throat and kick the groin.

Royce vs Kimo
Royce pulled Kimo's long hair during their fight, wasn't against the rules.

Carry one of these at all times, problem solved.

9VbjpiY.gif

have been looking for videos about that

Erik Paulson x James Waring is the GOAT hair-grab.

2. If someone grabs your hair from behind to off-balance you, just bring your hips in close to them. You will no longer be off balance.

This is good advice if you want some frequent-flyer miles.

tumblr_na1y2fsmrI1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

Don't get into a street fight.
Pretty much this. I have hair just past my shoulders but I also don't make it a point to street fight. When sparring I either tie it back or the head gear holds it in.

If anything, I wouldn't expect some dude to pull a bitch move and pull my hair in a street fight, if anything, the big annoyance would be if it got into my eyes and I could see where I'm throwing.

Royce vs Kimo
Royce pulled Kimo's long hair during their fight, wasn't against the rules.
Im talking about self defence in a street fight. If hair pulling can a be a game changer or not ?So if i should worry about it or not.

Pretty much this. I have hair just past my shoulders but I also don't make it a point to street fight. When sparring I either tie it back or the head gear holds it in.

If anything, I wouldn't expect some dude to pull a bitch move and pull my hair in a street fight, if anything, the big annoyance would be if it got into my eyes and I could see where I'm throwing.

Not to mention that if you're trained well, it's probably going to be hard to grab your hair anyway. It's not like you're going to get into a 15 round war in the middle of Hackney.

Im talking about self defence in a street fight. If hair pulling can a be a game changer or not ?So if i should worry about it or not.
That depends on your skill level. For you, since you have to ask, yes, there's a chance it'll be the deciding factor. But there should be a very minimal chance of ending up in a street fight anyway. Don't worry about it.

There are no rules in a street fight. So if its long, someone will get a hold of it. Try not getting in street fights. Being a productive member of society is in bruh.

There are ways to deal with hair grabs. You do have to practice and be aware that is a risk like wearing easily grabbed clothes. IF you don't deal with a hair grab when it happens it can against you badly, if you react to it when it happens you can reverse the grab on the attack.

If you have long hair, you will need to practice responding to grabs to the point you are reacting before thinking about it.
Or just avoid fights.

There are no rules in a street fight. So if its long, someone will get a hold of it. Try not getting in street fights. Being a productive member of society is in bruh.
I hate street fights :) But in live in a shitty area where getting into a fight a very likely.Last time two guys tried to jump me, one put me to a head lock and other tried to punch me but i was fast enought to push the first guy away and run away without harm.They attacked me because earlier the second guy started a fight with me but i have beaten him. So i guess i cut the hair short and grow it back when i move to a more peacefull area.Only gypsies start fight in my area and they always fight dirty or atleast they go two on one and they dont care what is a bitch move or not.

I hate street fights :) But in live in a shitty area where getting into a fight a very likely.Last time two guys tried to jump me, one put me to a head lock and other tried to punch me but i was fast enought to push the first guy away and run away without harm.They attacked me because earlier the second guy started a fight with me but i have beaten him. So i guess i cut the hair short and grow it back when i move to a more peacefull area.Only gypsies start fight in my area and they always fight dirty or atleast they go two on one and they dont care what is a bitch move or not.
Jesus. Where do you live? Move asap and dont raise kids there.

Jesus. Where do you live? Move asap and dont raise kids there.
Everything was fine until 1 year ago when MANY roma gypsy families moved in and then it went downhill.If you are white and you go past a group of them its almost certain that they start talk shit and start fights.Its sad that everybody there is afraid of them and nobody wants to fight them.Only once a guy pulled my hair but i almost won the fight if his friend didnt jump in.But he was weaker than me and i was surprised how effective the hair pull was, i maybe won the fight but he was weaker and if its such a big disatvantage i guess i shave.

What about getting a hold on their hand and pushing it against my head ? I tried it with my friend and i wasnt even pushing too hard and it hurted him.If i did it with full force it could break their fingers.I also tried to grab his hand and quickly pull it the ground which was also effective and it is a simple technique so it is usable in a street fight.But i concluded that going close to him and start doing hooks and uppercuts was most effective.

Back