Gym Idiots v10

Status
Not open for further replies.
at the gym I'm going to I see a lot of the younger kids and "bros" wearing Beats by Dre headphones, and by wearing I mean they literally just wear em and rarely use them to listen to music. One guy I saw walking around literally just had em around his neck the whole time. Seems more like a fashion item than anything.

Everyone at my gym has them. I guess I'm old but I remember having huge earphones like that because that's all there was. Then when they made the nice small ear buds everyone switched to those, now everyone's walking around like it's fucking 1990 and they have a Walkman again. Jesus fuck don't you sweat in the gym?

After about three workouts mine would be so nasty I wouldn't want to wear them.

at the gym I'm going to I see a lot of the younger kids and "bros" wearing Beats by Dre headphones, and by wearing I mean they literally just wear em and rarely use them to listen to music. One guy I saw walking around literally just had em around his neck the whole time. Seems more like a fashion item than anything.

More likely a case of his ipod battery dying, i know this happens to me all the time.

So after 9 days off the gym, I went back today. First thing I saw was somebody standing astride2 dumbbell benches witha foot on each, holding a large dumbbell near his crotch and doing quarter squats. Apparently this exercise is called "legs"

Some chick was on the back extension bench with dumbbells in each hand, she would go down then come up hyperextending her back and throwing a jab cross...this was at a planet fitness

Adapted from my log.

Still dont have a real gym sorted but I found a free weeks pass to LA fitness. Better than nothing right? I headed in and the first thing I saw was a poster saying 'with stairs like these who needs a workout?'. There were a few stairs, but if thats supposed to be motivational it was a bad start. Had to talk to a receptionist and manager who looks more like your average retail store manager than a real gym owner. Then I had to talk with a salesman with the usual sales patter. Asked what I wanted and I said to do strength training for boxing and that all I wanted was a powercage, but some bumper plates for oly lifts would be great. He didnt know what a cage was but helpfully informed me there was a smith machine and DB's up to 30KG, then told me I might need a bodybuilding gym. Next I saw a pretty fit woman doing her personal training session in the studio, with what looked like half the male staff on hand to 'give pointers'. I was really excited as she loaded some tiny red plates onto the bar and squatted down to pick it up. I figured she was about to clean and press it or some other type of oly lift. I mean why else would you use tiny plastic weights if they arent bumper ones? And what exercise would you do with about 30kg worth of weight? She deadlifted it.

Started doing deadlifts and some weird guy in the background doing sets of 20 tricep overhead extensions or something said 'is your back ok?' in between admiring his very sub average abbs and making noises like a rutting pig. I told him It felt great thanks. Later he switched to doing ez bar skull crushers and when he started rubbing his triceps I asked him if they felt ok. He looked slightly put out. I hope he got the sarcasm in my voice.

Finished by working out on the heavy bag while the personal trainer tried to convince an overweight guy that he could manage a few more reps of DB press on a swiss ball. Overall I had a pretty good workout, but holy shit its a bad gym.

Update. Went back today (hey its free) and the weird guy was there again. Doing biceps today, again grunting like he was being buggered by an invisible ghost. Weird how you can develop quite alot of dislike for someone you dont know.

Kind of a gym idiot / should I have been angry?

The gym has a lifting platform, and a power rack with a lifting platform. A guy was doing squats and then ohp in the lifting platform - so I did deads on the lifting platform attached to the power rack. Finishing those I went into good mornings. As I was racking my last set, this guy goes into the power rack right in front of me and messes with the hooks and puts a bar on it and starts loading weight, almost stepping on my bag. I give him a dirty look at tell him I will be done in a second. He tries to act like a tough guy and tell me there are two sets of hooks and he was working in, then realizing I meant that I was finished, he helped take off the other side of plates and I wished him well.. but in my head I wanted throw a 45lb plate at his head.

my gym is terrible, but it is 4 minutes from my house and has all the equipment I need. the 'personal trainers' are ALL overweight by at least 60 lbs, except 1 dude that looks like Alistair Overeem. I think he is lost in my opinion. lol. they do these ridiculous circuits for their clients.

I'm at the gym yesterday doing ohp day on 5 3 1. I'm operating on 2 hours of sleep and really feeling like crap. I'm the type of guy that never talks to anyone and just blasts my music and get my workout done and never bother anybody. The L.A fitness I go to attracts a lot of hood rats but theirs really no decent gyms in my town so it's my best option. I'm always considerate making sure to ask if someones using the equipment if theyre by it, one of the few guys that unrack my weight when 99% of the time i have to unrack someone elses plates that left theirs. I don't really mind as long as no one messes with me.

after my workout for some reason I decided to do barbell curls for the heck of it for the first time in probably 6 months. I'm on my third set and I have see in my peripheral vision in the mirror this guy comes and sits in the ohp press chair behind me leans over and awkwardly watching me. As I finish my set and put the bar on the ground he comes up and taps me on the shoulder. i pull my headphones out look over and say whats up. This guy is no more than 5 feet tall doo rag long gnarly beard dressed like a thug but a grown ass man in his 30s I'm 22. Giant armed curl bro with no torso or legs. He gets up in my personal space and says in a disrespectful mocking tone "flex your bicep". I think wtf? and curl my arm. He says in a mocking tone "thats it? thats how your guna flex for a girl blah blah blah and then trys to tell me to contract my biceps at the top of the curl in his incoherent hood rat way. I cut him off and say I don't give a shit about any of that, thats for homosexuals I train for strength. He gets flustered and says something incoherent as I put my headphones back in and he walks away. I do one more set and hes behind me shaking his head and talking shit with his fellow hood rats.

When I go to leave I see him curling 155 in the squat rack with wrist straps and belt and decided to see how he would like it if I messed with him during his bullshit workout. He is mid set so i tap his shoulder to stop him. He awkwardly racks the weight and pulls the straps off. I get in his face like he did to me and say you should do deadlifts and talk shit I don't give a fuck about bicep curls. As I'm walking away and putting my headphones back in he waits till I'm 10 paces away starts saying wana go ***** you talking shit ***** wana go. I laughed ran a mile on the tread mill and then left.

So, this dude burst a Swiss ball at the gym today.

He was getting set up and ready to do dumbbell chest press on it with a pair of 90lb DBs. He sat on the ball, and had the DBs propped on his knees, psyching himself up for his next set, when the ball burst under him. He landed on his ass on the floor, with the dumbbells landing beside him.

It was really quite fortunate how this happened- if he'd been on his back with the dumbbells locked out at the top of the press, chances are he would have been fucked.

Oh yes, and after that happened he discarded the ruined one and just grabbed another one to use.

I didn't witness one burst but I did see a guy do this with 100lb dumbbells. I really wanted to say something, as I'm sure he'll continue to do the stupid shit. He'll probably hurt himself or possibly someone else at some point.

Here's a story about an NBA player that had one burst on him:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Garcia-s-physioball-fail-and-seven-other-odd-N?urn=nba,195678

I'm at the gym yesterday doing ohp day on 5 3 1. I'm operating on 2 hours of sleep and really feeling like crap. I'm the type of guy that never talks to anyone and just blasts my music and get my workout done and never bother anybody. The L.A fitness I go to attracts a lot of hood rats but theirs really no decent gyms in my town so it's my best option. I'm always considerate making sure to ask if someones using the equipment if theyre by it, one of the few guys that unrack my weight when 99% of the time i have to unrack someone elses plates that left theirs. I don't really mind as long as no one messes with me.

after my workout for some reason I decided to do barbell curls for the heck of it for the first time in probably 6 months. I'm on my third set and I have see in my peripheral vision in the mirror this guy comes and sits in the ohp press chair behind me leans over and awkwardly watching me. As I finish my set and put the bar on the ground he comes up and taps me on the shoulder. i pull my headphones out look over and say whats up. This guy is no more than 5 feet tall doo rag long gnarly beard dressed like a thug but a grown ass man in his 30s I'm 22. Giant armed curl bro with no torso or legs. He gets up in my personal space and says in a disrespectful mocking tone "flex your bicep". I think wtf? and curl my arm. He says in a mocking tone "thats it? thats how your guna flex for a girl blah blah blah and then trys to tell me to contract my biceps at the top of the curl in his incoherent hood rat way. I cut him off and say I don't give a shit about any of that, thats for homosexuals I train for strength. He gets flustered and says something incoherent as I put my headphones back in and he walks away. I do one more set and hes behind me shaking his head and talking shit with his fellow hood rats.

When I go to leave I see him curling 155 in the squat rack with wrist straps and belt and decided to see how he would like it if I messed with him during his bullshit workout. He is mid set so i tap his shoulder to stop him. He awkwardly racks the weight and pulls the straps off. I get in his face like he did to me and say you should do deadlifts and talk shit I don't give a fuck about bicep curls. As I'm walking away and putting my headphones back in he waits till I'm 10 paces away starts saying wana go ***** you talking shit ***** wana go. I laughed ran a mile on the tread mill and then left.

So who's the idiot here, you and him?

So who's the idiot here, you and him?
You decide bro. I got heated and wanted him to see what getting harassed during your workout is like. Did i overreact? Maybe but i felt the need to establish boundaries with these types of d bags.

whoa he was curling 155. thats like 275 for teh bench

There was a DJ at my gym earlier this week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back