Had to put my dog to sleep this morning sherbros. I’m shattered

I had to do the same thing 2 months ago with my dog- He took a piece of me with him- Hugs -

-PAXP-deijE.gif

35836849_10217118448101427_8992184049074176000_n.jpg 29214549_10216316086162880_3452396443120173056_n.jpg
52633034_10219031505886676_6605645021049782272_n.jpg

Attachments

• 29132987_10216316162044777_852429374782177280_n.jpg
    29132987_10216316162044777_852429374782177280_n.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 6
im very sorry man, i geniunely felt my stomach turn imagining this happened to my jax

good luck to you im glad that he was lucky enough to be your dog though

I'm sorry for your loss Sherbro...

Try to look at it like this. You gave your buddy a loving home, free from ticks, fleas, and wondering where his next meal was coming from. You both shared comfort, companionship, and love.

Your dog's not gone... He just went on to someone who needed him more. They come in when you need them and move on when they've trained you to be a better person. :)

I went through this in January. Hes in doggy heaven now

Sorry for your loss.RIP Kuma. be strong my man

Sorry to hear this. RIP Kuma

Sorry for your loss, been there myself, its tough, next one is going to be brutal, as with this fella I was well past my 20's where only my mates mattered, been with him virtually everyday for the past 11 years.

In a few months, sit down with some booze and and your photos and videos and remember how fuckin awesome he was

My first dog I got when I was 4 or 5. I still remember going to the old woman's house with my parents and picking her out of the litter. When I was 15 she had gotten cancer and within a year we had to put her down. I couldn't even go with my dad to have it done, I didn't think I would be able to handle it. Went without a dog for a couple of years, then adopted a very interesting young rhodesian ridgeback. Within 2 years she also got sick and had to be put down. Now I have a Chinook mix and she's awesome, although she does NOT like most strangers, which is a problem.

Shit sucks man, I feel you and I'll pour one out for your pooch tonight.

What was the ridgeback ill with?
They're not prone to many hereditary conditions but we've found out in the past couple of months that our boy's sire was treated for dermoid sinus so it's something I'm extra vigilant of now.

There is a reason they are called mans best friend.

Sorry for your loss.

What was the ridgeback ill with?
They're not prone to many hereditary conditions but we've found out in the past couple of months that our boy's sire was treated for dermoid sinus so it's something I'm extra vigilant of now.

Cancer, pretty sure it was thyroid like TS's dog now that I think about it. Found a small growth on her neck and it got bad quick. She was only about 3 or 4 years old at the time.

That sucks. You’ll be sad for a while, then maybe a few months from now, you’ll get another dog.

On the bright side, pets are replaceable, unlike real family.

0242B280-04AC-41D6-BB3A-A63CEB51C213.jpg
59189E39-AFEF-45CC-90C7-3DE3965577CE.jpg
1B02D6CE-3FE8-483D-A9B9-978337609436.jpg
CB222603-DCE5-45EA-A743-52538B859A33.jpg

This gonna be long fellas I need to get this off my chest. *update* dunno how I got pics to go at the end and don’t know how to rotate the ones I’ve got so yeah

Had this fella since I was 17 and I’m 32 now. He was by my side through my teenage years, moving out on my own, throughout my 20s and my early 30s. Basically my whole adult life. Been across Australia with me, was always there. Now he won’t be.l,

2 months ago he was still jumping in my ute and didn’t seem to have any problems. One day I noticed his lymph glands under his jaw were swollen and took him to the vet. They toook samples and it was lymphoma. They said dogs average 3 months with lymphoma. I couldn’t believe it. Seemed so short and he seemed fine. I understand now.

Within a couple of weeks his back legs were operating at 10%. Had to help him up if he was on anything slippery like wood or tiles. A couple weeks later he couldn’t walk to the lawn for a poo and back to the house without lying down for a rest in between.

I bought a harness thing with a handle I could put around him to take the weight off his legs. Worked well. In the last week his front legs went as well and he couldn’t even stand up without assistance although once up he could still do his business. It really hit home yesterday so I told work I’ll need a few weeks off to spend as much time with him as possible before I have to make any difficult decisions.

Apart from not being able to stand up he was fairly happy. Still loved food, perked up for new people, seemed mentally there so was a real struggle to consider putting him down when I could help him with the physical aspect. And I have been on about 3hrs sleep a night for the last month helping him in and out since he can’t hold his toilet trips as long as he used to.

He tried to hide himself deep in the Bush last night after I took him out for the toilet at 3.30am and when I found him I wondered if he was telling me something, but bought him back inside. Had a vet appointment for tomorrow.

This morning I woke up to find blood all over the floor. I thought he’d cut himself last night in the Bush but it was coming out of his nose. A lot. He was moist breathing. Just seemed over it.

Didn’t have much of a choice at this point. Took him to the vet early. I wanted to have it done at home peacefully but didn’t expect him to have issues like that.

I’m fucking shattered guys. Sitting on the verandah, cracked a bottle of single barrel and listening to skynrd etc.

Kuma last Christmas.
699A2C66-5792-407A-AE3A-897E17C5F83A.jpg

I’m very sorry man. Stay strong.

That sucks. You’ll be sad for a while, then maybe a few months from now, you’ll get another dog.

On the bright side, pets are replaceable, unlike real family.
<Kpop01> real family ?
On this very karate forum, I've read dozens of posts about "real family" being the biggest cunts in the world., pets are real family

So sorry to hear this sherbro. It's one of the most difficult things in life. Dogs are amazing. So pure and loving. Cherish the times you had together and know you gave him a great life.

RIP Kuma

I don't know if there is a heaven, but if there is, it wouldn't be heaven to me if I couldn't be with my lost pets.

<Kpop01> real family ?
On this very karate forum, I've read dozens of posts about "real family" being the biggest cunts in the world., pets are real family
The 4th anniversary of my brother's unsolved murder is tomorrow. I'll never have another brother. If my dog dies today, I'd probably have a new one by the end of the month. Fuck off with "pets are real family"
bullshit.

The 4th anniversary of my brother's unsolved murder is tomorrow. I'll never have another brother. If my dog dies today, I'd probably have a new one by the end of the month. Fuck off with "pets are real family"
bullshit.
That's your own personal opinion, and I'm sorry for your loss, but for every few sherbros with great siblings and parents, there is one who has had a shit family life, and his dog is closer to him than his family.

Back