International Hamas launches surprise attack on Israel; Israel has declared a state of war. Vol. VII

They didn't get 6 weeks. They got 2 weeks - only for the remaining duration of Ramadan. They publicly identified that time period as a 'need' and a minimum amount. Got a 3rd of that and a month later.

It's only annoying that this bullshit actually works as most people won't know the difference.

The last ceasefire was only seven days so two weeks would be twice that amount and certainly better than nothing.

The last ceasefire was only seven days so two weeks would be twice that amount and certainly better than nothing.
yes, better than nothing. I acknowledged that in my other posts. But we got people in this thread acting like it's a game changer.

The US also abstained during the Obama administration from a resolution declaring the West Bank settlements illegal. It passed. Outside of rhetoric, they haven't done anything to actually enforce it. A few sanctions against individual, highly violent settlers.

Pandering, not substance.

yes, better than nothing. I acknowledged that in my other posts. But we got people in this thread actually like it's a game changer.

The US also abstained during the Obama administration from a resolution declaring the West Bank settlements illegal. Outside of rhetoric, they haven't done anything to actually enforce it.
Before Trump Democrats were more soft on Israel because Jews tend to lean Democrat. But now we even have Chuck Schumer calling out Netanyahu publicly and Biden allowing the resolution to go through without a veto.

On some level I would like to see Israel treated like a pariah state as long as it engages in settlement expansion but that's just not realistic to expect from America. Biden is steering the ship a few degrees away from Israel and the more Israel rebuffs him the more he steers a degree or two further. I'm okay with that personally, that's the kind of governance I expect from him.

Such a stupid moral equivalency, really.

You love blowing smoke screens for Islamic extremism. “A rogue organization”, please man, they represent the predominant ideology of the Palestinian populace. They are the true result of Palestinian democracy.
This.... 100%

They enjoy popularity that Biden or Trump could only dream about.

Name a single politician in any Western democracy that enjoys 76+% support. Some of the most extreme groups are near 90%. Even GWB after 9/11 couldn't dream of that level of support(Edit: to reflect that GWB did briefly enjoy 90% approval at least according to one poll a week or two after 9/11).

Last edited:
Before Trump Democrats were more soft on Israel because Jews tend to lean Democrat. But now we even have Chuck Schumer calling out Netanyahu publicly and Biden allowing the resolution to go through without a veto.

On some level I would like to see Israel treated like a pariah state as long as it engages in settlement expansion but that's just not realistic to expect from America. Biden is steering the ship a few degrees away from Israel and the more Israel rebuffs him the more he steers a degree or two further. I'm okay with that personally, that's the kind of governance I expect from him.
My expectation is that whatever rhetoric you use with the public, should match your public actions. Especially when the difference is immediately apparent. Don't make statements you can't back up. Behind the scenes discussions is another matter.

Whether it is the state of the union, or this Harris speech, they very publicly contradict themselves.

I am not big on mass manipulation as a means of governance or looking incompetent.

This.... 100%

They enjoy popularity that Biden or Trump could only dream about.

Name a single politician in any Western democracy that enjoys 76+% support. Some of the most extreme groups are near 90%. Even GWB after 9/11 couldn't dream of that level of support.
What's your source for that? This is from the earlier poll you linked through the Zionist blog
  • When asked which political party or political trend they support, the largest percentage selected Hamas (34%), followed by Fatah (17%), while 11% selected other or third-party groups, and 37% said none of them or did not know. Three months ago, 43% supported Hamas and 17% selected Fatah. Six months ago, before the current war, support for Hamas stood at 22% and support for Fatah stood at 26%.This means that support for Hamas during the past three months has witnessed an 11-point drop while support for Fatah remained unchanged during the same period. In the West Bank, support for Hamas today stands at 35% (compared to 44% three months ago), and for Fatah at 12% (compared to 16% three months ago). In the Gaza Strip, support for Hamas today stands at 34% (compared to 42% three months ago) and support for Fatah at 25% (compared to 18% three months ago).
Less than half what you cited there and more said they don't support any party or don't know. Hardly a consensus

In terms individual politicians here's what the poll had to say
If a presidential competition is to take place between three, Marwan Barghouti from Fatah, Mahmoud Abbas, also from Fatah, and Ismael Haniyeh from Hamas, participation in the election would stand at 72%; vote for Marwan Barghouti would stand at 40%, the highest rate in the last three hypothetical elections since September 2023, followed by Haniyeh at 23%, and Abbas at 8%. Among the voters, Barghouti receives 56%, Haniyeh 32%, and Abbas 11%. Three months ago, support for Barghouti among the voters stood at 47% and Haniyeh at 43%, and Abbas at 7%. These findings show Barghouti’s vote increasing by 9 points while vote for Haniyeh drops by 11 points.
For reference GWB had 90% approval rating after 9/11 according to a Gallup poll which is the highest in their history

Last edited:

A glimpse into the "Western Values" our governments are always bleating about. I actually believe them when they say this incident "doesn't align with IDF values" because the kid is still breathing.

I saw that video earlier but with conflicts like these there's so much misinformation that I wanted to see a reputable outlet report on it first. For all I knew it could've been an old video.

Is he actually? this is a very limited resolution and I suspect the abstaining is mostly PR work. You have this statement released shortly afterwards....

Last edited:
What's your source for that? This is from the earlier poll you linked through the Zionist blog

Less than half what you cited there and more said they don't support any party or don't know. Hardly a consensus

In terms individual politicians here's what the poll had to say

For reference GWB had 90% approval rating after 9/11 according to a Gallup poll which is the highest in their history

I was primary thinking of the AWRAD survey/poll but there's now more than one poll.

89% support Al Qassam Brigades because Hamas are just not extremist enough. Yes the poll is from last year and I understand opinions change.

The support is higher in the West Bank because they don't have to live through this war however even in Gaza, the support for Hamas in in 50s%. 85% in West Bank said they are 'satisfied' with Hamas. 52% in Gaza. If my city/area was in ruins I don't think I'd be answering 'satisfied'.

These morons think that Israel committed war crimes at ~95% and yet just 17% in Gaza and 5% in West Bank think Hamas committed war crimes. I am sorry for the tangents but every time I look at these polls it makes my blood boil.

I gave a softball with GWB as an example. Yes he did briefly enjoy the highest popularity in US history. I knew he was very popular, just not at 90%. So kudos for digging up that info. I stand corrected in that regard. I was also surprised to see Bush 1 had such high approval ratings and still lost to Clinton shortly thereafter.

Al Jazeera is a shit source
La lala la la
dum de dum dum

Personally I think it should go the way of Russia Today and just be taken off of western social media. But I guess we're not quite there yet.

PR matters, there's a reason the Israelis canceled their trip and its not because they are happy.
So you give Biden points for a PR stunt during an election cycle? I thought you actually cared about Palestinians not being killed...

I mean, you should be the most annoyed with this hollow performative garbage.

Remember when it was to be a 6 week pause for hostages
Doesn't change the fact that S
There are no hostages to release IMO. Maybe a small handful. Not saying all were killed by Hamas, some will have been in locations the IDF bombed. Hamas don't have anything to bring to the table hence they've been silent on the matter for months.
Agreed. The IDF bombing and starvation has killed most of them, similar to the 3 hostages the IDF shot in cold blood thinking they were subhuman Palestinians.

Agreed. The IDF bombing and starvation has killed most of them, similar to the 3 hostages the IDF shot in cold blood thinking they were subhuman Palestinians.
Oh' yeah, totally. It's not Hamas didn't promise to kill them one by one with each instance of Israeli aggression or anything...

Yeah, I think they're past their quota. But of course a scumbag like you would place blame on those dirty Jews, who purposefully place big black cocks in movies for your wife to thirst after...

just don't worry about it
our econnomy is doing ok before and during this war, and it will continue to be ok
have you seen our gdp ? its skyrocketing every year
we got a vibrant hi tech and abundance of natural gas
From Reuters. I hope for the best but the cost in money let alone lives will be hard.

TEL AVIV, Feb 19 (Reuters) - Israelis sharply curtailed spending, travelling and investing at the end of 2023 as Israel's all-out war on Palestinian Hamas militants in Gaza exacted a heavy toll on the economy, data released on Monday showed.
The war had stopped economic growth in its tracks, especially with a massive call-up of reserves and tens of thousands displaced from border towns near Gaza and Lebanon due to constant rocket attacks from Hamas and Hezbollah.

inflation slowly and bumpily moving to its target, as well as the Fed (the Federal Reserve) on pause and then hopefully potentially moving to pivot.

The $500 billion economy contracted an annual 19.4% in the fourth quarter from the prior three months, the Central Bureau of Statistics said in an initial estimate of gross domestic product (GDP) (ILGDPP=ECI), opens new tab that was double the rate expected in a Reuters consensus.
Still, 2023 as a whole ended with positive growth.
"The contraction of the economy in the fourth quarter of 2023 was directly affected by the outbreak of the Iron Swords War on October 7," the statistics bureau said.
For all of 2023, the economy grew 2.0%, compared with 6.5% in 2022 but above an Organisation for Economic

Cooperation and Development (OECD) average of 1.7%. However, per capita GDP slipped 0.1% last year versus an OECD average of 1.2% growth.

La lala la la
dum de dum dum

Personally I think it should go the way of Russia Today and just be taken off of western social media. But I guess we're not quite there yet.

It's Qatari state funded media and has very slanted coverage. The bleed through of its editorial into its 'journalism' is closer to cable news. It shouldn't be banned, like the Arab countries want, but it shouldn't be taken seriously.

It's the country that is harboring Hamas leadership and a year ago leftists (wrongly) thought Qatar was assassinating gays during the World Cup for wearing pride colours. It also one of the primary financial backers of Hamas.

I was primary thinking of the AWRAD survey/poll but there's now more than one poll.

89% support Al Qassam Brigades because Hamas are just not extremist enough. Yes the poll is from last year and I understand opinions change.

The support is higher in the West Bank because they don't have to live through this war however even in Gaza, the support for Hamas in in 50s%. 85% in West Bank said they are 'satisfied' with Hamas. 52% in Gaza. If my city/area was in ruins I don't think I'd be answering 'satisfied'.
Well for one the Al Qassam Brigades are the military wing of Hamas, not a separate group. Probably something you should know if you're going to comment on such things.

Why not cite the recent poll which is more up to date and has over twice the sample size? According to that one Hamas has 34% support compared to 37% who say don't know or none. The head of Hamas, Ismail Haniyyah, would lose a presidential election against Fateh candidate Marwan Barghouti. Not exactly the picture you were painting.
These morons think that Israel committed war crimes at ~95% and yet just 17% in Gaza and 5% in West Bank think Hamas committed war crimes. I am sorry for the tangents but every time I look at these polls it makes my blood boil.

Most Palestinians haven't even seen the Oct 7th videos but they live the reality of the IDF campaign and settler expansionism everyday, can you not see how that would explain those results?
I gave a softball with GWB as an example. Yes he did briefly enjoy the highest popularity in US history. I knew he was very popular, just not at 90%. So kudos for digging up that info. I stand corrected in that regard. I was also surprised to see Bush 1 had such high approval ratings and still lost to Clinton shortly thereafter.
Bush having 90% approval rating after 9/11 was common knowledge I thought. Either way you'd think that one would fact check a claim like that before making it but I guess not.

I love to read Haaretz and Jerusalem post when I can. I would never bother with non Israeli media outlets. Funny thing is when I post their articles some posters refute what they say and act as if these Israeli journalists "dpnt understand Israel " meanwhile as far as I know they are local.

Back