Has A Brit Ever Succeeded Against Good or Decent American Wrestler?

GoshiShun17

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Off the top of my had, I can't think of one.
Can Edwards possibly have the opportunity to be the first against Usman?

Bisping's rematch against Hendo doesn't count

Much as I dislike the guy, Bisping had awesome TDD.

He had success against American wrestlers like Rashad and Chael, but the only time he had a successful result against an American wrestler was Matt Hammill (dubious decision as it was).

He was obviously mauled and rag-dolled against Tim Kennedy.

EDIT: Bisping also beat Hendo in a rematch and beat CB Dolloway. Regardless of the results of his fights against wrestlers though, Bisping gave them fits and proved to be a tough stylistic out for them (except Kennedy).

Last edited:
Bisping vs Matt Hammill and Hendo.

Much as I dislike the guy, Bisping had awesome TDD.

He had success against American wrestlers like Rashad and Chael, but the only time he had a successful result against an American wrestler was Matt Hammill (dubious decision as it was).

He was obviously mauled and rag-dolled against Tim Kennedy.

And Hendo.

And Hendo.

True. That was a hell of a fight. I thought Hendo won the two rounds he flattened Bisping in, plus I scored the 5th for Hendo.

But I've seen people give credible arguments that it was 4-1 Bisping too. Bit of an underrated battle, almost.

Ross Pearson beat Gray Maynard
John Hathaway beat Diego Sanchez and Rick Story

I’m not sure if you would include either of those as good or decent wrestlers though. Definitely Maynard I think

Last edited:
The decision against Hendo was iffy as well.

<6>
not that iffy

there was no chance Hendo ever got the win Bisping outstruck him in all but one round and only one of the first 2 rounds could be argued as a 10-8

best Hendo could hope for was a draw against a one eyed fighter who's good eye had swollen shut

Bisping beat Hendo, CB Dollaway, and won an iffy decision over Matt Hammil.
"and won an iffy decision over Matt Hamill"
By iffy do you mean he lost or do mean the three judges had 'iffy' eyesight?

I haven’t seen the fight since it first went down, but didn’t Leon win the clinch battle against Belal?

I think Ian Freeman is too easily forgotten. Although not considered a "wrestler", Freeman beat the crap out of Frank Mir inside of Mir's guard and while he was rolling for leglocks. It was pretty impressive to behold.

Back