Has Dana assembled his dream team of commentators yet?

Goldberg was stupid but he and Joe always sounded like they were having fun. That chemistry was fun to listen to and made the product just so much more entertaining. He was also kind of like comic relief in between serious violence like Marvel puts into their movies. It was just so much better with him than without him.

Goldberg: "You know Joe, When Matt and his brother Mark Hughes were growing up they would pound each other behind the barn!"

587CC8D4-B19F-4E90-9301-46110400B334.gif

EBF70BD3-8773-444C-B24A-2C1740176AEA.gif

Dana should be on commentary. He would be the goat.

Not a fan of DC or Anik. DC is knowledgeable, but I just don't really like his commentary or his voice. I like Joe, but I feel like he used to be better and cares a bit less about the job now. I'm usually with friends and talking with them during the fights so I don't pay much attention to the commentary now anyway, but I much preferred the past commentary teams there have been. I still maintain the stance that PRIDE had more entertaining commentary and that the 2002 K-1 Oceania MAX tournament had the best (mainly because Michael Schiavello is the greatest commentator of all time), though.

Not a fan of DC or Anik. DC is knowledgeable, but I just don't really like his commentary or his voice. I like Joe, but I feel like he used to be better and cares a bit less about the job now. I'm usually with friends and talking with them during the fights so I don't pay much attention to the commentary now anyway, but I much preferred the past commentary teams there have been. I still maintain the stance that PRIDE had more entertaining commentary and that the 2002 K-1 Oceania MAX tournament had the best (mainly because Michael Schiavello is the greatest commentator of all time), though.

I don't know how anyone can like DC's voice. Between "Thug Rose!! Thug Rose!!" and "you know I can get a little ghetto," the guy is just a walking cringe fest.

Cruz, meanwhile, is like old, dry wood crumbling away. Snooze.

I don't know how anyone can like DC's voice. Between "Thug Rose!! Thug Rose!!" and "you know I can get a little ghetto," the guy is just a walking cringe fest.

Agreed. This man defined excitement.54D6A9DA-5004-42CA-B77A-EF2401FAC10B.jpeg

The reputation Goldie seems to have about making mistakes isn't fair at all. The man spoke for hundreds of hours but his compilation of errors only lasts a couple minutes. Given his tenure, he really didn't mess up that often.

He was and is great at his job and WME messed up big when they let him go. They did it disgracefully too. I will never forget that

Lol <45> I'm dying at your depiction of Cruz's commentary. Fucking spot-on!
And the night Rose beat JJ, I wanted to jump into the TV, find DC, and duct tape his mouth shut to get him to stop shouting "THUG ROSE!' like a heathen. Drove me nutbars

Without Mike, it doesn't matter if somebody gets hurt.

Anik seems like a very nice fellow but he doesn't belong cage side calling MMA fights.

It makes sense that he would have a broadcast job but not calling the action.

DC is a very fine addition to the booth and he brings a lot to the table.

Goldie is sorely missed in the 'enthusiasm' department. Anik doesn't make goofy mistakes but he doesn't have a deep or useful knowledge of MMA, he's there to do the business and connective tissue. Goldie was a lot more entertaining at that.

Unpopular, but I think Anik does a great job. I like the 3 man booth best with DC #1 and a close second with Dom.

The future A team will be Anik with DC and Dom. I am a big Rogan fan, but feel like he is nearing the end in the UFC booth. I think he knows it too.

Goldie is by far better than any of these new jackasses they hired. Besides maybe Jimmy Smith...
pbiBZ4ou_400x400.jpg

Back