Media Has Dana White ever blasted a fight result as hard as he did in GSP vs Hendricks ?

Lol Silva went up 3X in weight and finished all of his fights in the 1st round. GSP only went up in weight when a favorable matchup showed up, why didn't he fight Silva again? Or Weidman, Luke, Whittaker ... GSP always played it safe. No problem in that, but when you have someone like the Spider is hard to argue that the Canadian is anywhere close to being the GOAT

"You know how many times we wanted to do the GSP-Anderson Silva fight? GSP would not do it. Would not do it. Guys don’t do that stuff. That’s what makes Conor McGregor so unique, so fascinating and so fun." - Dana in 2016
So you don't think 3 slow plodding stand up LHWs weren't tailor made for Silva? Silva retreated back to MW when Shogun said he was up for a super fight.

Dana also said Anderson didn't deserve the GSP fight after his piss poor performance against Maia.

So you don't think 3 slow plodding stand up LHWs weren't tailor made for Silva? Silva retreated back to MW when Shogun said he was up for a super fight.

Dana also said Anderson didn't deserve the GSP after his piss poor performance against Maia.
Post suffers from massive hindsight bias. How much money did you make betting on a 1st round KO against these 3 "slow plodding" LHWs?

Btw 4 LHWS refused to fight Silva before Irvin accepted, so your whole "tailor made" hypothesis is false

Post suffers from massive hindsight bias. How much money did you make betting on a 1st round KO against these 3 "slow plodding" LHWs?

Btw 4 LHWS refused to fight Silva before Irvin accepted, so your whole "tailor made" hypothesis is false
And Silva refused once Shogun stepped up. Silva is sooooo brave calling up smaller fighters, it takes some balls to call up a FW to fight at 175 or 177 or whatever he wanted Conor at.

He doesn't have any. If you read through the emails between Keith Kizer and GSP's lawyer, it ends with GSP's lawyer agreeing to NSAC testing and asking who to make the cheque out to pay for the testing.

And that had nothing to do with the fight at all..

GSP was at odds with the UFC over drug testing, and took a break. Dana did what he does. Throw his best guys under a bus once he has used them all up..

This all day!

GSP was potentially on his way out for good, kept badmouthing the UFC and their drug testing policies and had to deal with his own personal issues. So since GSP was on his way out and was one of the biggest PPV stars, Dana uses the deflection tactic assuming that Hendricks was going to be the next big thing at WW, and we all know how that turned out after USADA came into the picture.

Dana was just doing business and trying to save face on what just happened, it was greasy as fuck, but that's what he believed had to be done in that situation.

A Hail Mary finish that was set up with skill and determination. He was holding on to chaels right hand and throwing strikes from the bottom to get a response and threw up the triangle when Chael responded. To be able to have awareness to do that after being dominated everywhere for 4.5 rounds and getting hit over 300 times rarely happens and you just brush it aside like it was no big deal. Chael from the miller fight to the 2nd Anderson fight was taking everyone down and destroying them minus one round from the bisping fight. Ortega put up more of a fight against max and if he had submitted max in the 5th everyone would have the rights to go nuts because of it. Name another fight where someone was hit 300 times and still won.

Only the true legit GOAT of GOATs did it.

Anderson T. F. Silva

He doesn't have any. If you read through the emails between Keith Kizer and GSP's lawyer, it ends with GSP's lawyer agreeing to NSAC testing and asking who to make the cheque out to pay for the testing.
oh i know lol. I was waiting for our breakout poster of the year to back up his bullshit and fictitious narrative. It's easy to get 40k likes when all you do is bash certain fighters everyone loves to shit on.

Transcript:

"Does anybody here think Johnny Hendricks didn't win the fight ? Did you see Georges get SMASHED and hurt in the first round? It is all about damage, it is a fight. It is whoever inflicts the most damage. I'm blown away that GSP won that fight, and listen, I'm a promoter, he's the biggest ppv star on the fucking planet for me, and I still don't think he won the fight. I want what's fair and that wasn't fair. I think the NSAC is atrocious and the government needs to step in before they destroy MMA like they did with boxing [...]

Did he say he wants to retire? He didn't say 'I'm going to retire. I'm going to hang it up. It's been great everybody. Thanks a lot for all the years. See you later," a furious White said after the fight. "He said 'I'm going to take some time off.'
[...]
No...You don't just say 'I'll take some time off, maybe I'll be back, maybe I won't.' You owe it to the fans, you owe it to that belt, you owe it to this company and you owe it to Johny Hendricks to give him that opportunity to fight again."

I think Dana was a bit harsh on a man who had just been beaten up, but it is undeniable that he makes some solid points. Just like Anderson Silva was noble enough to give Chael Sonnen a rematch, after losing the majority of the rounds, GSP should've done the same for Hendricks, instead he retired and blamed external circumstances

He acts like Johny beat gsp single handily lol. Inplus, he was just bias because I don’t think him and gsp get along like that too. It was a close fight btw, but in my opinion, it wasn’t no fuckin robbery. You know what’s a robbery? Phan vs Garcia 1, said nurmandndov vs Justin scoggins, machida vs shogun 1, and a lot more.

That was a BS decision and I totally agree with Dana. Hendricks beat the brakes off GSP.

Literally all media scored it for Hendricks. Everybody thought Hendricks won that shit.

Dana saying he wants "What is fair"

LOL!!! No wonder he likes Trump so much..
It's kind of amazing how much they have in common when you think about it. Maybe not amazing, but it's something

Lol Silva went up 3X in weight and finished all of his fights in the 1st round. GSP only went up in weight when a favorable matchup showed up, why didn't he fight Silva again? Or Weidman, Luke, Whittaker ... GSP always played it safe. No problem in that, but when you have someone like the Spider is hard to argue that the Canadian is anywhere close to being the GOAT

"You know how many times we wanted to do the GSP-Anderson Silva fight? GSP would not do it. Would not do it. Guys don’t do that stuff. That’s what makes Conor McGregor so unique, so fascinating and so fun." - Dana in 2016

Uh Silva went up to 205 on four occasions and was the favorite for three of them.
James Irvin - mid tier fighter known for knocking out Houston Alexander then getting knocked out by Silva.

Forrest Griffin - a legit threat, not trying to discredit the man but he was sent out there to make Silva fight, he was still expected to lose.

Stephan Bonnar - retired, took the fight for a payday.

Daniel Cormier. He was already done as an elite fighter and had nothing to lose but gained a take a big day when he fought DC and even admitted he figured the ufc would hand him a title shot for doing them a favor.

Let's not ignore the callouts from Wand(who Anderson would have wrecked) and Shogun or the UFC's interest in having him fight Jones. Silva took favorable fights at every opportunity.

Dana was just mad cause he knew gsp was leaving. Fuck Dana White

Dana was on one that night

“GSP went to the hospital”

GSP walks in

That whole bizarre story of a UFC employee trying to steal the belt from his locker room

I thought they did steal it when GSP went on stage and that UFC staff tried blocking him from the news conference as well.

Dana also said Anderson didn't deserve the GSP fight after his piss poor performance against Maia.

You smoking some bad drugs bro. By the time the rematch between Lyoto and Rua happened, Anderson Silva had already moved down to defend his belt against Maia. Then Shogun said he'd love to fight Anderson Silva. However Rua was out for an ACL injury for 10 months and then was suppose to fight Rashad but Rashad had to pull out and instead fought Jon Jones. The fight was announced in Feb of 2011. So when was Anderson Silva suppose to fight Shogun during this time? During his knee surgery?

I'd like to add by the time Shogun came out and said he'd like to fight SIlva, Silva had already been training for Chael who he was slatted to fight in Aug.

Nah. Finishes are what matter to YOU. Silva got beat down badly. Finishing Sonnen is no big feat, Forrest finished him with the same choke lmao. Look what Rashad and Jones did to Sonnen haha, and then go watch Chael give "GOAT" Anderson the fight of his life. Silva got raped. There is no way around THAT.

Look, I just informed you that back in 2012-2013 the rumour mill was swirling and non casuals knew GSP was likely retiring soon. I am trying to give you a history lesson here son, pay attention.
Silva won 2 times of Chael end of story. Thank god Chael is no champ. He bitched out against jones too, he just had to survive 1 round to be champ.

Dana almost crying when JDS knocked Cain out in a couple seconds on their FOX debut and then telling Cain that "he should have taken JDS down quickly". The interview is on Youtube.

I think in hindsight with what happened to Johnny post USADA he's probably happy with how things turned out.

The look on Danas face when he put the belt on Cain after he curbstomped Brock was pretty funny

Back