Has Jon Jones lost his edge?

Jake the Muss

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
His recent media appearances seems like he is too serious, unsure of himself, and tired.

Please someone give this man his coke he has been through enough!

I agree he's no longer confident In beating DC without his steroids

People are usually nicer and more relaxed on drugs

He always look that.

His recent media appearances seems like he is too serious, unsure of himself, and tired.

He's definitely shook...

a5bfb957463ff4985ed03aba3e257aaa.jpg

<31>

Seems the same to me

What do you guys remember Jones being like in a solo interview?
Always seemed reserved in solo interviews to me, his energy goes up a little when he is interviewed with his opponent

Just listened to the 214 conference call with him a DC, sounded like the Jones you're describing.

He was definitely on Edge before but for other reasons

Sounds like he plans on avoiding Stipe and even admits that heavyweight is the best division and he doesn't belong which I can respect him for admitting that.

On a side note, at the end (9:47) he basically admits he scared of fighting bigger guys and that he'd only move up to fight a "small" heavyweight. I don't see any GOAT material in a mofo talking like that.

JNDA_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif
Jon looks calm cool and collected to me, don't really know what kind of vibe you picking up on?

Im choosing DC to win this fight. In my opinion I think DC can, and will stay busier, applying pressure and avoiding Jones' TD's this time around. I am betting on him to win a decision. I dont see either man finishing the other. A 2 year layoff for any fighter no matter who they are especially against a champion as active as Daniel Cormier is an extreme disadvantage. The fact DC fought Jon already gives him a pretty good idea what to expect and what he needed to sharpen up to edge Jones this time around. Not to mention Daniels "must win" attitude and boosted confidence since obtaining the title is also in his favor. DC doesn't need to go after Jon Jones and beat him in such an aggressive manner like he tried in the first fight. In this fight Cormier just has to do enough to win and not lose and he keeps the belt. Winning 3 rounds out of 5 on points would be good enough.

I don't think we can get much out of these media appearances. I hope it means he is finally going to stop sabotaging himself.

Not sure about that, he looks sharp and focussed.

Jon Jones on Cormier's Steroid Accusations: "This Motherf**ker Knows I Didn't Take Steroids" UFC 214

Back