• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Has wmma regressed?

I'd love more.

But I'd also like more opportunities for women in this sport all round. Not just inside, but outside of the cage too.

Angela Hill, I use as an example, is a tremendous analyst and should be used more prominently. Laura Sanko likewise. I could go on.
Yeah, you're the type of person I don't want to talk to, ignored, bye

Rousey and Nunes both benefited from incredibly shallow divisions, and that hasn't changed. Remember, Nunes struggled with (and arguably lost to) Shevchenko, a women 20 pounds lighter than her. Rousey, of course, was revealed to be terrible as soon as she ran into fighters she couldn't just bully and bumrush.

In short, 135 and especially 145 have always been bad. 125 has improved, and 115 started strong and stayed strong. So no, WMMA hasn't regressed.
Ok, elbows too pointy guy. How the fuck did Amanda Nunes benefit from shallow divisions when she 1st round KO'ed Ronda, Cyborg, Holm, choked out Meisha in one round, KO'ed Raquel, and beat Valentina twice?

125 used to suck, it's switched places with 135 and is the division to watch now

I'd love more.

But I'd also like more opportunities for women in this sport all round. Not just inside, but outside of the cage too.

Angela Hill, I use as an example, is a tremendous analyst and should be used more prominently. Laura Sanko likewise. I could go on.

Let's not get carried away Romeo. Stop faking you really that interested in "opportunities" outside of the cage for women in the sport. You can google Laura Sanko and several others to find what you want to see from them outside of the cage without pretending you are so interested in listening to them talk.

Let's not get carried away Romeo. Stop faking you really that interested in "opportunities" outside of the cage for women in the sport. You can google Laura Sanko and several others to find what you want to see from them outside of the cage without pretending you are so interested in listening to them talk.
Laura Sanko knows a lot more about MMA than you do

No doubt, but you must bat for the other team if you honestly think that is why she is popular.

Her looks don’t make her easy to listen to. Sanko is knowledgable and interesting on the mic. Many female analysts in other sports are absolute garbage but Sanko is ok

No, it hasn't. You're just in an echo chamber, dude. Get outside once in a while. Women's mixes martial arts is growing. Not shrinking.
The lack of WMMA "superstars" gets it less attention than when Ronda, Miesha, Johanna, Holly, Cyborg, Nunes, Valentina, etc were fighting each other on a regular basis.

And I do get outside, I've been watching MMA for over 20 years and it's honestly not the draw it used to be for me and many others.

135 needed a major injection of talent however over the last year they've signed Kayla Harrison, Melissa Dixon, Dariya Zhelezkyakova, Jacqueline Cavalcanti, Luana Santos and Nora Cornolle to spice things up a bit.

Her looks don’t make her easy to listen to. Sanko is knowledgable and interesting on the mic. Many female analysts in other sports are absolute garbage but Sanko is ok

You clearly have very little experience in the real world, or you are just full of shit. In the real world regardless of gender, being pleasant to the eyes absolutely makes it easier to listen to people. Ever turn on the TV and see ugly people?

Yea Sanko is sooo much more smarter and funny than other females the same way Erin Andrews got her job being so much smarter and funny than others.

135 is definitely worse as most of the top fighters have either retired or aged out. That division was basically carried by Ronda, Tate, Nunes, and Holly for years, and they never really bothered to find new talent or figure out a way to match up and develop fighters so that they have a chance of getting good. Once the stars are gone, all they're left with is a bunch of journeymen and that's kinda where the division is right now.

125 has gotten a lot better, it's probably the healthiest division right now with lots of younger fighters & prospects who are taking over from the older generation of fighters.

115 is both better & worse. The overall skill level at the top is definitely better than it was, but all the top fighters and many of the more popular ones are getting old so that's going to be a problem in the next few years. Unlike 125, there's a lot fewer young prospects in this division so it's gonna be hard to keep the overall level up when the top fighters start getting washed up & retiring. They need to go hard on recruiting & developing fighters right now or the division's gonna end up like 135 once the current top 5 retires.

Fair enough.

She's actually a very accomplished and impressive person if you can manage to look past her breast implants.

Not fair at all my friend, it is absolutely cheating to pay for such impressive breasts that impair my ability to see beyond them.

You clearly have very little experience in the real world, or you are just full of shit. In the real world regardless of gender, being pleasant to the eyes absolutely makes it easier to listen to people. Ever turn on the TV and see ugly people?

Yea Sanko is sooo much more smarter and funny than other females the same way Erin Andrews got her job being so much smarter and funny than others.
Like I said, there are a bunch of reasons Laura Sanko is as popular and successful as she is.

Yeah, she's hot. So is every woman on camera in the entire global media industry, so that's not the reason.

She has more MMA knowledge than the vast majority of people in her field, male or female. She's professional, she does her research, she knows about all the fighters on the card.

But lots of people know more about MMA than she does, including people in this very thread, so that's not the reason for her success either.

She's very smart, and quick on her feet, doesn't get flustered, works well as part of a broadcast team. Good qualities to have in live broadcasting.

She has a pro fight and amateur MMA experience and has trained BJJ for over a decade. Adds some credibility, another good quality.

All of these factors combined are the reason Laura Sanko is so popular.

Laura Sanko is the first female commentator in UFC history and future UFC Hall of Famer for an number of reasons. Her hotness is one of those reasons, but an insignificant one compared to her knowledge and work ethic.

Last edited:
No, it hasn't. You're just in an echo chamber, dude. Get outside once in a while. Women's mixes martial arts is growing. Not shrinking

And where outside, exactly, is this evident? Gender studies classes in community colleges, or Canada?

Back