Hate Running, but love rolling. Advice?

It says they progressed to the intervals, it didn't say anything about stopping the 30 exercise. And anyways you still aren't providing any proof of your claim of burning fat for only 10 minutes. So if you want to still believe you are right I will continue to believe you are a monkey just spouting off tid-bits of what you heard and from other articles until you show a source proving yourself. Thank you have a nice day.

I run like a fucking bitch niow, its all I do. I ditched MMA and now Im trapped in a never ending spiral of despair rthat is the world of endurance running.
Dont doi it kids, steer clear of ruuning.
I started out liek you guiys .. doing a couple of miles for fun with my friends. I thought I was the shit when I strated doing hills.
Last month I did my first 100km hill race. I still hurt now.
Its a bad idea, DONT RUN ITS FOR GIRLS AND IDIOTS (like me)

Stick to hitting tires with big hammers and being Fedor. Maybe some skipping. Just not running.

It says they progressed to the intervals, it didn't say anything about stopping the 30 exercise. And anyways you still aren't providing any proof of your claim of burning fat for only 10 minutes. So if you want to still believe you are right I will continue to believe you are a monkey just spouting off tid-bits of what you heard and from other articles until you show a source proving yourself. Thank you have a nice day.
:icon_twis
"Only on Sherdog!"

I hate running too, you gain different conditioning I can grapple hard for a long time but, run horribly, not to say how tough my training is it's tough we use heaters. but, I really hate running and I would like to know on how to well, just like it. But, running isn't the only way to get good conditioning just grapple hard man

get into some kind of striking style if you can afford it and have the time

it'll add to your skillset plus get you conditioned and it's fun

but hey I'm just a white belt:redface:

I fail to see the problem. only weird people "like" to run.

"The other group did a 15-week program including mainly high-intensity-interval training (HIIT). Much like the ET group, they began with 30-minute sessions of continuous exercise at 70% of maximum heart rate reserve (remember, they were not accustomed to exercise), but soon progressed to 10 to 15 bouts of short (15 seconds progressing to 30 seconds) or 4 to 5 long (60 seconds progressing to 90 seconds) intervals separated by recovery periods allowing heart rate to return to 120-130 beats per minute. The intensity of the short intervals was initially fixed at 60% of the maximal work output in 10 seconds, and that of the long bouts corresponded to 70% of the individual maximum work output in 90 seconds. Intensity on both was increased 5% every three weeks. "

Forget the Fat-Burn Zone

If you read the rest of the article it says that they did burn fat, a lot of fat. But they did 30 minutes of exercise before they started every HIIT/Tabata session.

I am still trying to see where you think you can only work out for 10 minutes and burn fat.

It worked pretty damn good for me and Tabata is 12-14 minutes by the way depending on how many sprints you do. I came from 18% BF to 10% BF in one year using this "all out" philosophy.

4 minute warm up, 4-6 minutes of 100% effort, 4 minute cool down.

Give it a try. Way more demanding then a 25 minute 5 km run in my opinion.

Quality over quantity.

You train slow you perform slow, you train fast you perform fast.

That doesn't mean I don't do long distance at all. Once a week I'll do the 5 km and 3 sprinting and/or crossfit sessions a week.

TS,

Give this a try!

Fight Gone Bad Explanation

Welcome to CrossFit: Forging Elite Fitness

Love hate relationship with Crossfit. Gets you in great shape but damn you are going to have to show some heart.

It worked pretty damn good for me and Tabata is 12-14 minutes by the way depending on how many sprints you do. I came from 18% BF to 10% BF in one year using this "all out" philosophy.

Quality over quantity.

That doesn't mean I don't do long distance at all. Once a week I'll do the 5 km and 3 sprinting and/or crossfit sessions a week.

TS,

Give this a try!

Love hate relationship with Crossfit. Gets you in great shape but damn you are going to have to show some heart.

Maybe I'm a little bias because my conditioning lives by Crossfit.

1 There are many different types of intervals you can do and "Tabatas" are just one of them. There`s nothing special about them. Plus if you`ve been doing them constantly for a whole year you`ve probably reaped all the benefits you could and it`s time to progress to something else.

2 It`s not whether it`s more or less demanding. Your workout has to be the right intensity for you. Designing something hard is easy, eg, take a sandbag, shoulder it 10 times, then do 10 burpees, then shoulder the sandbag 10 more times, repeat till you vomit. That`s hard, and it took me 10 seconds to think about it. However designing a program with the right exercises, progression and periodisation is way more tricky.

3 You do crossfit so you are more in need of advice than the TS. Talk about quality over quantity...

***EDIT***

Also, number 4, LSD vs HIIT threads have been done to death. They are 2 different training protocols and achieve 2 different things, it`s like apples and oranges.

5 "You train slow you perform slow, you train fast you perform fast"? You could have really avoided saying something so stupid.

Quality over quantity.

TS,

Give this a try!

Sweet, I'm glad it worked out for you. I'm not trying to argue it's effectiveness and I'm not saying it's not true. I am trying to figure out how and why it happens. I always read and researched that it take takes at least 20-30 minutes of continuous exercise to start burning fat.

Rickson and his training partners were running in the Choke documentary. There are seeral clips of Fedor running with his training partners. If you want to be like Rickson or Fedor, put on your running shoes and hit the road.

Rickson and his training partners were running in the Choke documentary. There are seeral clips of Fedor running with his training partners. If you want to be like Rickson or Fedor, put on your running shoes and hit the road.

Are you aware whos the new Ricksons conditioning coach?
Thats because he realised something about the running...

Are you aware whos the new Ricksons conditioning coach?
Thats because he realised something about the running...

I am not. Are you his new conditioning coach?

(btw I was just being faceteous about Fedor and Rickson. I doubt LSD is their primary conditioning routine.)

chadwaterbury.com said:
Chad Waterbury is a neurophysiologist and author whose unique training methods are used by a wide range of athletes, bodybuilders, figure models, and fitness enthusiasts of all ages and from all walks of life.

Oh yes, with that resume I totally want this guy to help me with fight conditioning!!!

Whos asking you?
Seems like hes good enough for Rickson...

And he`s good enough for men`s health too. I wonder how many variations of curls does he know...
Btw, nobody`s asking me, but as this is a public forum I give my misinformed opinion jus like you give your misinformed opinion.

Connecting Chad Waterbury with curls is ridiculous!
Would you do everybody a favor and stop with the off topic, that you post on the last few pages?

Back